Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They Wrongfully close accounts

This is the second account I had to start because they closed my other account claiming the same thing.

Either someone else is hacking their server accounts or they have closed my account in error again thinking it was someone else.

I Once again just started playing and these guys shut off my account.

I HAVE NEVER TRIED TO SELL MY ACCOUNT OR DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL.  I HATE HACKERS

Since this is the second time they have done this, and they have not answered my return email,  I have no recourse other than to warn everyone off of this game. Their policies of deleting accounts for NO REASON (and I say that because I DID NOT DO WHAT They ARE SAYING I DID!)  is unfair.

I love the game and was getting ready to pay for the full experience, but I am not paying to be wrongfully removed. I will contact the BBB, and any forum I can to notify everyone of their wrongful doing.

(Email they sent me)

"We are contacting you regarding your account for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

We wish to notify you that you have carried out a serious violation of our Terms of Service and upon a full investigation of your account we have determined that your character has carried out the following violation:
Intention to buy, sell, or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) an Account or game characters, items, credits or copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property owned or controlled by BioWare or our licensors without first obtaining our express written permission.
Due to the nature of this violation of our Terms of Service we are left with no option other than to close your account. We are permanently closing your account with immediate effect.
Please note that your account will no longer be billed and we have removed your credit card information.
Should you wish to review our Terms of Service they can be found here
If you feel you have received this 'account closure' notice in error, please contact us at 
Sincerely,
Star Wars (tm): The Old Republic(tm) Terms of Service"

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

If you believe someone's hacking your accounts, then get an authenticator and stop recycling the same passwords or whatever it is that you're doing that keeps compromising your accounts.

Otherwise you're going to find yourself getting banned on a lot of MMOs. You can also try calling them instead of emailing, since that's what it takes when Blizzard bans an account as well.

Of course even if they undo the ban, if you don't take steps to secure your computer properly you'll be right back where you started in a week or two.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

If you believe someone's hacking your accounts, then get an authenticator and stop recycling the same passwords or whatever it is that you're doing that keeps compromising your accounts.

Otherwise you're going to find yourself getting banned on a lot of MMOs. You can also try calling them instead of emailing, since that's what it takes when Blizzard bans an account as well.

Of course even if they undo the ban, if you don't take steps to secure your computer properly you'll be right back where you started in a week or two.

Well i have mentioned this before....

When my email was hacked Yahoo immediately knew of it because it was a foreign IP address and that was their ONLY reasoning and sent me an email warning.

If developers are honest about keeping safety the steps are right in their hands,look no further than the IP address and it is as simple as that.If a player wants to use another address then they should have a process to go through,that way everything is safe.Also with due process the response would be sent to the accounts email making absolutely impossible for outside sources to do anything.

Point being,imo developers are super lazy and do not care to put the effort in themselves.They are simply abiding by the very shotty laws by claiming they use encrypted code,whatever, they are not doing enough in my books.If you are handling VERY personal information,your effort should be above and beyond.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    You may have a key logger on you system or you're lying. EA doesn't do this by accident. I'm not the cops and I don't care which it is. If you been found to be hacking or doing any of what is claimed in any EA game then they will apply it to all EA games. That being said if you bought gold from any site , they sometimes use player accounts to advertise. Whatever the story it's best settled with EA's customer service and ask for details and any information they have to back allegations and help you resolve it.. Be aware though this is not a innocent until proven guilt situation. EA is judge and jury and they are the ultimate arbitrator. So mind your P's and Q's when speaking to them. Otherwise good luck or enjoy never playing another EA game. Consider also changing your IP address, email accounts ect ...

• Starkiller233Starkiller233 Newbie CommonPosts: 12
    in swtor you get banned or queue blocked for nothing all the time. Two of my friends were blocked while playing ranked pvp just because of mass-report even though they haven't done anything bad. Bann/block policy in this game is a mess i must say