Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinion

I've played Dragon Nest since open beta back in August of 2011. Nexon..has been a subpar host, however, they've been improving on the events and updates as of late. I've currently stopped playing Dragon Nest but i felt the need to post an opinion on the game for those that are just joining.

This game is great for those who like to mostly do dungeons, although I mostly loved this game for it's pvp, the servers just can't seem to handle it. Pve seems less affected by lag, whereas the pvp seems to suffer quite a bit. However, the pve is nothing to scoff at. I loved every dungeon in this game, and this game is what sold me on this type of combat style. 

This combat style was something new to me when I left maplestory and started playing DN. It's over the shoulder with the camera as the mouse, and I love that. I love not having to use the wasd keys or some other way to turn the camera. Because that's just one more thing to worry about when you could just spin your mouse and launch your attacks. And this game is why I had an easy transition into Tera. The combat styles are very similar - although DN is not open world. There are portals inbetween each room/realm. I don't mind that so much. And even though it was mentioned that DN2 might be being worked on and that it'd be an open world concept, I just cannot picture DN to be an open world game.

Anyway. This game was a great starter mmo for me. It was actually my first..because I don't really count MS since it was a side scroller (imo).

If you like PVE, and you like this style of combat, you like anime style graphics (I loved them), and a easy to learn mmo, this is the game for you.

Nec possum tecum vivere, nec sine te.
I can live neither with you, nor without you.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Giving this game another go. Thx!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I am going to check this out on steam because Phantasy Star Online 2 is lagging very badly for me and I cannot play it well from Europe on the Japanese servers.

• DiomedesArtegaDiomedesArtega Member CommonPosts: 2
    This is an old posting, but I've picked Dragon Nest up again.  With the frequent events it has, you can spend a short time here and there leveling up.  The dungeons are a lot of fun.  I have a host of different toons I've been playing. 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I've entertained the idea of picking this up again but I'm waiting to hear about Soul Worker first as it seems to have a similar vibe and looks impressive so far.