Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are we there yet?

KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
How close are we to launch on this would anyone feel good enough to guess?   Its been two winters now since they said they would release it, I'm wondering how much longer they need?

Comments

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

I haven't hopped on landmark in a long while because of the slow update cycle. But based on what I remember, I'll venture a guess of late summer/early fall 2015, potentially after SoE Live for them to hype it up?

Possibly with another big teaser/demo for EQN that we'll all deconstruct as solid proof that we won't be seeing that game until 2017.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    post deleted. I'm not even commenting on LM anymore.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    With the cancellation of Blizzrard's big hyped uber secret project, the stage was set for SOE to swoop in and take the mantle of MMO supremacy.  Fear not,  SOE has managed to swipe defeat from the jaws of victory. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Its a building game, they run contests and events. The community is tight and a great group. They have added a lot of tools and new materials and props keep coming. It may never be a huge game but the people that are playing are a blast to be around. Its worth the small investment to get in now, go get a founders pack and join the community.  Also they are testing EQN with this game so lots coming in the pipeline. Just remember its not polished its early alpha stuff for EQN, first iterations. Seems people forget that but you get to be the first few to see the content. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by bcbully
    post deleted. I'm not even commenting on LM anymore.

I had a chance to read your previous post and I agree with that.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by flizzer
    With the cancellation of Blizzrard's big hyped uber secret project, the stage was set for SOE to swoop in and take the mantle of MMO supremacy.  Fear not,  SOE has managed to swipe defeat from the jaws of victory. 

LOL +1. Thank you for this post, it made me laugh.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

H1Z1 is their focus now. They are milking Landmark.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Landmark has been nothing but a disappointment and they're starting to notice the lack of ANYONE in game.  Oh there are some hardcore people but the big group has gone because of the inability for LM/SOE to followup with their promises.  They added PVP because the PVP nuts wanted it, but it wasn't "good enough".  That's what they get for catering and adding crap no one but the 10% want.  Stop listening to those knuckleheads and development would be leaps and bounds ahead.  Instead they're adding fighting and questing.  That was NEVER what LM was supposed to be about.  

They've fumbled this ball.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Landmark has been nothing but a disappointment and they're starting to notice the lack of ANYONE in game.  Oh there are some hardcore people but the big group has gone because of the inability for LM/SOE to followup with their promises.  They added PVP because the PVP nuts wanted it, but it wasn't "good enough".  That's what they get for catering and adding crap no one but the 10% want.  Stop listening to those knuckleheads and development would be leaps and bounds ahead.  Instead they're adding fighting and questing.  That was NEVER what LM was supposed to be about.  

No surprise. But don't worry, they will have storybricks in EQ:Next!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

SoE has had a blueprint and still does of what their plans are for the game and whats coming next. LM is what they planed and is right on tract. Its a tool to test and make EQN systems. Combat does suck but its the first iteration of combat so ya thats alpha. If you thought it was going to be something else. You didnt look to much into what SoE said it would be. 

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Knotwood
    How close are we to launch on this would anyone feel good enough to guess?   Its been two winters now since they said they would release it, I'm wondering how much longer they need?

I believe Landmark will go into open beta within 3 months possibly much sooner.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by SlyLoK
    Originally posted by Knotwood How close are we to launch on this would anyone feel good enough to guess?   Its been two winters now since they said they would release it, I'm wondering how much longer they need?
    I believe Landmark will go into open beta within 3 months possibly much sooner.

Once they knock this "big" update out they are pretty much feature complete for landmark, So yes open beta should be soon...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

If a voxel smudges up the landscape in the woods but no one is there to hear it ....

I think that SOE made some big mistakes in deciding to make Landmark/EQN a semi-public undertaking. They went to the public way too early, and way too big. Many of the people who followed it moved on because the thing won't be available for a long time. Others saw it was turning out to be kind of a low-quality MMORPG with building tools attached.

The whole thing is kind of a big bungle and it's not even out yet. They should have just made one game, kept it quiet, and then let the end product speak for itself. Instead the devs wanted to be visible and get a hype train going. SOE is good at this sort of thing.

Landmark is supposed to survive off the store in a building game. Hmm, how is that going to work? I don't see a lot of people dropping bucks to buy crap for a completely mutable but compartmented (claims) world where you have a shadow of a combat system, and there is nothing else really going on. A good portion of the playerbase for Landmark scream every time anything other than straight building features go into the game. Landmark will be a ghost town once they release EQN, or it will essentially be the Test Server for EQN for features that are not related to the RPG component.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/server-downtime-notice-wednesday-december-17-1pm-pst.51072/

There will be a server downtime on Wednesday, December 17 at 1:00PM PST*. This update will add MANY new exciting features to the game. We estimate the downtime to be at least 24 hours.

patch preview posted in news section

Landmark Previews: Monsters and Linking and Caves, Oh My!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/982/feature/9222/page/1

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Their moving the dev team from Landmark so that either means something good or something bad. I'm guessing good.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• SilentSariaSilentSaria Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

SoE has had a blueprint and still does of what their plans are for the game and whats coming next. LM is what they planed and is right on tract. Its a tool to test and make EQN systems. Combat does suck but its the first iteration of combat so ya thats alpha. If you thought it was going to be something else. You didnt look to much into what SoE said it would be. 

I agree with you, LM is on the right track of where it is going. It is a building game, SOE never intended it to be anything other then that, I think there is a lot of misconceptions about this game and perhaps the devs themselves don't know where LM will end up in the long run, I hear it may turn into EQN and then I hear it may just remain a game all its own and I would honestly be okay with either direction. I bought the settlers pack knowing I was purchasing a under developed game and I wasn't sure what I was getting into but that is what made the game exciting for me too, it isn't some cookie cutter MMORPG with quest after quest after mind numbingly boring quest it is a game that you actually have to use your brain because YOU are the creator and that is pretty awesome by itself, I don't care I may be considered "doing the work of the devs" because I am having a blast creating things and making a place all my own that I thought up and created. If you don't like having to create your own content, don't play landmark because that is what it is, it is a game about creating and as more players come in and build things the more content it has.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by SilentSaria
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

I agree with you, LM is on the right track of where it is going. It is a building game, SOE never intended it to be anything other then that, I think there is a lot of misconceptions about this game and perhaps the devs themselves don't know where LM will end up in the long run, I hear it may turn into EQN and then I hear it may just remain a game all its own and I would honestly be okay with either direction. I bought the settlers pack knowing I was purchasing a under developed game and I wasn't sure what I was getting into but that is what made the game exciting for me too, it isn't some cookie cutter MMORPG with quest after quest after mind numbingly boring quest it is a game that you actually have to use your brain because YOU are the creator and that is pretty awesome by itself, I don't care I may be considered "doing the work of the devs" because I am having a blast creating things and making a place all my own that I thought up and created. If you don't like having to create your own content, don't play landmark because that is what it is, it is a game about creating and as more players come in and build things the more content it has.

I have to disagree somewhat.  It's not primarily a building game.  In order to start building, you need to gather resources, craft your own tools, upgrade your crafting stations,  and so on (most of this stuff was required the last time i played).  And then you have combat, mobs, exploration, gear progression, etc.

It seems to me, that it's just another MMO, but it fails even at that.  I'm starting to think their modified voxel engine is hampering their ability on many things.