Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Worlds

2»

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Best thing I can tell people, just uninstall the game they don't like and never look back, yes there are some people who put in time and money in to any game, but is life, take you're lost and jump to the next boat, as there will be people fixing stuff just will never be the fast rate people want it.
  • TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by ceratop001
    This company is just horrible and treats their players with no respect. They have systematically destroyed Rift PVP in order to move the player base to AA. Now AA is is starting to fall apart. Many players are deeply saddened by the current leadership and wish for a change. 

Aside from this ludicrious theory you dreamed up in your head about pvp the rest is true.

I used to be a MASSIVE FAN of RIFT and TRION for years!

They were simply the best. The first two years of RIFT were absolutely fantastic! The customer service was #1 ( you would literally get a in game GM adressing any issue within 20 minutes or less) and the content was mostly bug free and fast and furious and it was so great you literally did not HAVE TIME to get bored!

Between massive content drops like EMBER ISLE, bringing with it INFERNAL DAWN (still its raiding epitaph imo) and great world events happening every other month it was an MMO players dream come true. The game was great, the company was great.

Then it all took a big steaming crap going F2P, destroying the game, destroying the economy and destroying the community.

-

Hartsman is probably the biggest 2 faced lier CEO out there atm. Prior to leaving his company and RIFT going F2P he openly despised the model and stated it numerous times. THEN.. mysteriously he left. (Want to place bets he was out voted in his own company to go F2P and decided to leave)

So he left.

And TRION continued its downward spiral into absolute crap.

Later on, after going F2P, the content drops drying up to absolutely nothing and relying on carnivals and festivals that all had the same crap as the year before, TRION came begging on its hands and knees for Scott to save it before it completely folded, and so he came back.

Being the good hand puppet he was, he spouted and towed the company line of "F2P is great!" because he obviously didn't have a choice anymore seeing as his game had already been sliced and diced and hacked to pieces and put up for sale.

-

Nowadays, who knows. After RIFT went down the crapper of the F2P model we all left anyway and watched it burn from afar as the new toxic community of self entitled I wont pay a penny leeches moved in and the game got even worse.

I can't speak for him now, but it seems he just doesn't care anymore. Defiance is garbage, they completely shelved their MMO-RTS (can't member the name of it but it got crap canned) and along comes the true legacy of TRION, ARCHEAGE. The ultimate failure in MMO's and the worst blatent money grabbing pure F2P crap model the MMO community has ever seen.

TRION is dead, no one after the smoking pile of crap from AA is going to trust this publishser in the future, and its sad to see.

Used to be so good, now its the prime example of what NOT to be in an MMO company.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

I feel sorry for Trion, a lot of the blame they are getting seems pretty misdirected to me. I think they are mainly just a convenient scape goat for all this player angst about a game that had some good ideas but is flawed in so many ways.

• GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by YashaX

I feel sorry for Trion, a lot of the blame they are getting seems pretty misdirected to me. I think they are mainly just a convenient scape goat for all this player angst about a game that had some good ideas but is flawed in so many ways.

Most of the people realize they have their hands tied in certain ways but they still handled everything poorly. I mean just look at the communication (this is something XL Games doesn't really have an influence on) regarding all the ArcheAge fiascos. They were completely silent with AA Auroria disaster and when they introduced the best trees to the cash shop via their RNG box. And after like a week of silence they responded with "yeah lol guys we didn't even know what was in the box really".

The game is a complete cash grab and Trion is sitting there silently counting our money and days before the game dies by itself. It's so obvious it's unbelievable, I thought they would at least try to pretend they care about the game and not only the money.

They deserve all the bad mouthing they're getting.

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by shawn01

Archage has the worst customer service, by far, of any game i have ever played. 2 weeks after i purchased my membership, my account was hacked. They took all my gold and sold everything i had of value.

That was over 2 weeks ago.

Still havent heard from a CSR.

There is no number to call to talk to a real human being.

The live chat is a joke. They just keep increasing the time in the wait queue. 3 days in a row i came home from work and tried to get a live chat. Every time i waited until their live chat hours which end at 7pm were over.

Scammers. Thats what Trion are.

For all i know they stole my gold. I have been playing mmos since 2001 and never gotten an account hacked.

I played Archage for less than a month and got hacked.

Just horrible. Not to mention the stupid cash shop that ruined the best game to come out in years.

NEVER again TRINO.

lol what.. the game was designed from the very beginning as a cash shop game... it has a cash shop in every other region it's released in, it was developed around having a cash shop. Trion has nothing to do with that, the cash shop was already there.

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

ArcheAge fell apart in other parts of the world before Trion launched it, it's not like people who had already played it didn't warn everyone else. It seems to be more an issue with ArcheAge than only Trion.

It's a Korean game, everyone knows they always use a very aggressive P2W cash shop style business model.

I'm more surprised that some didn't see it coming when everyone else who had played it warned people before the Western launch.

Before the launch many people who played it said: "It's a P2W game"

Everyone ignored it

After launch "omg, it's a P2W game"

Yes.....people had told you a million times before launch. Maybe listen next time.

If anything Korean games tend to be even more P2W in the West than they are in Korea or China, usually there is a more severe backlash in those regions if they go overboard. In the West people buy $60 founders packs before even having played the game or read any review. The same happened with that SoE landmark game, players in the West much more easily part with their money and Korean companies know this.

i see you saw some of my posts from months before launch ;)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    When I played Rift I was very impressed with Trion. I think they have negotiated an absolutely terrible deal with XLGames and I do not understand why any sane company would do that knowing this type of no control over the game they publish will eventually doom them.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by ceratop001
    This company is just horrible and treats their players with no respect. They have systematically destroyed Rift PVP in order to move the player base to AA. Now AA is is starting to fall apart. Many players are deeply saddened by the current leadership and wish for a change. 

Not sure about this, but for sure in my eyes they ruined completely good reputation they got with Rift. Rift had one of most fluid and bug free releases I have ever seen, game was clast, had all included, including wardrobe sets, multiple specs,. .... After that with every game they are behind more and more of this reputation got eaten away. Nothing left now.

Originally posted by Grable

Most of the people realize they have their hands tied in certain ways but they still handled everything poorly. I mean just look at the communication (this is something XL Games doesn't really have an influence on) regarding all the ArcheAge fiascos. They were completely silent with AA Auroria disaster and when they introduced the best trees to the cash shop via their RNG box. And after like a week of silence they responded with "yeah lol guys we didn't even know what was in the box really".

The game is a complete cash grab and Trion is sitting there silently counting our money and days before the game dies by itself. It's so obvious it's unbelievable, I thought they would at least try to pretend they care about the game and not only the money.

They deserve all the bad mouthing they're getting.

Yeah I was actually pretty critical of them around launch when you had such long queues even during headstart, which I found strange since they would have known the actual number of players at least during headstart.

But many of the complaints levelled at Trion are actually tied to the way the game works. Even with the example of the trees, the issue was largely to do with how overvalued these things were because a vital crafting component was tied completely to an rng mechanic.

Still, it is hard to understand how a game that has been released for years and then underwent months of testing here is so stuffed up. I just think that the reality is that the game was somewhat shit (good ideas, bad application), and Trion got in over their heads in something they probably shouldn't have touched.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Right Yasha!  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6471892#6471892  and http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/431/view/forums/thread/423266/Trion-Worlds-Disappointment.html

Geez!

Originally posted by xpowderx

Right Yasha!  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6471892#6471892  and http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/431/view/forums/thread/423266/Trion-Worlds-Disappointment.html

Geez!

Well you certainty have a right to be pissed at Trion!

Unlike your grievance (which is just a horrible thing to have to go through), many of the complaints I read imply that Trion wrecked the game, whereas the fault was essentially the game itself.

Looking at what happened to you though reminds me that Trion has had a history of security issues, I think even their recent system of password retrieval is dodgy, although I can't recall the details now.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by mbrodie
    Originally posted by shawn01

Archage has the worst customer service, by far, of any game i have ever played. 2 weeks after i purchased my membership, my account was hacked. They took all my gold and sold everything i had of value.

That was over 2 weeks ago.

Still havent heard from a CSR.

There is no number to call to talk to a real human being.

The live chat is a joke. They just keep increasing the time in the wait queue. 3 days in a row i came home from work and tried to get a live chat. Every time i waited until their live chat hours which end at 7pm were over.

Scammers. Thats what Trion are.

For all i know they stole my gold. I have been playing mmos since 2001 and never gotten an account hacked.

I played Archage for less than a month and got hacked.

Just horrible. Not to mention the stupid cash shop that ruined the best game to come out in years.

NEVER again TRINO.

lol what.. the game was designed from the very beginning as a cash shop game... it has a cash shop in every other region it's released in, it was developed around having a cash shop. Trion has nothing to do with that, the cash shop was already there.

The game was designed from the very beginning to be sub only. It launched as sub only. That didn't work because Korea and they converted to f2p.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Geez!

Well you certainty have a right to be pissed at Trion!

Unlike your grievance (which is just a horrible thing to have to go through), many of the complaints I read imply that Trion wrecked the game, whereas the fault was essentially the game itself.

Looking at what happened to you though reminds me that Trion has had a history of security issues, I think even their recent system of password retrieval is dodgy, although I can't recall the details now.

:-D I am not mad at Trion.   I just move on. What caught my attention with Trion is the fact I was not alone in my situation. It seems multiple users accounts had the same thing happen to them. 

In a day or two ill be posting my yearly Best F2P MMORPG for 2014 list.  This year Trions Rift or Archeage will not be on it.

• Noobzilla_YouTubeNoobzilla_YouTube Member Posts: 21
    While I don't currently play any of their games, Trion Worlds is an amazing company. Just like every company, they have made their share of mistakes, but they have a lot of passionate employees who will right the wrongs in time.
  • eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

As soon Trion killed any Rift lore allowing defiants and guardians to fight in same battlegrounds ,it was clear they were interested only in money and ready to make any compromise for a few cents more.