Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG with tradeable item mall currency/items

nerixa248nerixa248 Member UncommonPosts: 45
Hey guys. I am getting exhausted of trying new games to find out later i cannot advance unless i pay. Looking for game like PWI, where i could buy item mall gold with ingame coin and then buy whatever i wanted from item mall, or buy item mall items directly from other players. As much as people screamed it is heavy P2W game, everything was accesable without spending a cent and i loved it. If you know any games with similar market system please post here. Maybe i can filter it out and find a game for me.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nerixa248nerixa248 Member UncommonPosts: 45

Well, fashion had no impact in PWI on the game, but i still loved that i could get it with ingame coin. What i liked is that i had a choice, i can spend 30 dollars and buy the fashion now, or gather money and buy it next week. Every single item from item mall was available to me. Any charge rewards would pop up in item mall in some pack months later, so i never felt like im missing something out of the game.

All the recent games wants me to pay before i even try the game. Makes only few items tradeable and the ones that i want/need aren't. Try to restrict me in tons of ways untill i pay subscription.

• TheDoveTheDove Member Posts: 91

Must be a feature PWE likes...

STO and Neverwinter both have means to trade in game currency into Zen also.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    You can convert gold into cash-shop credits and vice versa in Achaea. Sell credits to other players for gold, or buy them from other players with gold, etc. My guild also sells credits to guildmembers pretty cheaply, as do most other guilds.
  • shawn01shawn01 Member UncommonPosts: 166

Its pretty simple. If a game has a cash shop DONT play it.

It's a ripoff.

Stop giving these greedy inept devs money for their stupid greedy cash grabs.

I repeat if it has a cash shop, DONT play.

Cash shop games are cash grabs and most players quit as soon as they realize it.

Look at archage. Biggest cash grab ever, and its dead. Rode around in my boat for an hour last night and saw 1 enemy boat.

A month ago the seas were full of enemy ships.

Cash shops aka cash grabs are terrible and a complete waste of time.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Age of Wushu, those items don't sell for a lot though. The p2w comes from insane prices  from in game super rare skills. Idk if you can convert ingame liang to cash shop gold. Some vendors were in the game, but were not active when I left.

Arche Age, I can't comment personaly because I didn't play long enough. From what I know though all cash shop items can be sold.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

GW2 works like that, though it's not F2P (you have to buy the game, but has no sub), no idea whether that would be a deal breaker for you or not.

Basically the way it works is that you can either buy gems with real money or trade them for gold, so basically you can buy in-game gold by buying gems and selling them for gold, or you can buy gems with in-game gold as well. The system is player based, the price changes continously depending on how many gems are offered Vs. how many are bought with gold. The current rate is 15.79 gold to purchase 100 gems, and you can sell 100 gems for 11.44 gold ($10 buys you 800 gems).

The items in the gem store are temporary boosters (crafting, XP and so on) that you can also get by doing daily quests (I have more of all boosters than I'll ever need without ever purchasing one), cosmetic items (mini pets, armor sets, costumes, armor pieces). services (extra character slots, inventory slots, bank space, name/appearance changes, etc) and keys for RNG boxes that have boosters, a chance of items like appearance change or extra dye colors for armor, and smaller chance for tickets to purchase exclusive weapon skins (they're bound on use, though, so you can buy or sell them on the AH as well). You also get a key as reward at some points in your personal story and on the latest release, and a very, VERY, VEEEEEERY rare drop from any mob in the game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store  <-- this link has all items currently offered (and offered in the past) in the gem store

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• nerixa248nerixa248 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    B2P games aren't for me. I wouldn't mind to pay for game if i knew it is good, but i cannot know unless i try it, which i can't unless i pay. If a game can't keep my attention for at least 2-3 months then i don't wanna buy it, so far i have only bought some steam games after trying out cracked versions, but those weren't mmorpg :( .