Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Crowdfunding Milestones Discussion

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Burntvet has it pretty much summed up accurately.

These new money making scams are really bad because all revenue or i should say MOST of it is generated through hype and before the game is even made.So it is actually in the businesses best interest to delay as long as possible because that is how they make their money.

IMO this is a VERY heavy cash shop game,it will still be able to cash in on foolish spenders that will spend to no end to find their perfect ship and add ons.Then if it carries any kind of lame Eve ideas like insurance,that generates a whole new RMT avenue for the game.

I personally do not like ANY game that has it's best assets being bought outside the game,i want all that to be earned even if it is not a subscription game.I remember back in the day everyone would ONLY accept fluff cash shops,wow has that changed in a short time as i said it would.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Teala said:
    1,000,501 official Star Citizens!  Congrats to CIG for this great accomplishment.  :p
    :-D

We are legion !   ;-)

Have fun

Star Citizen Backers have passed  the 93 million dollar mark (93,075,894 $)

Number of Star Citizens is currently at  1,016,124   

(up from 993,143 ....+ 22.981 since the 91 million mark)

Number of UEE Fleet Captains with at least one ship : 774.342

(up from 765.773 ....+ 8.569 since the 91 million mark)

Noteworthy is the milestone of 1.000.000 backers reached, which was covered in depth by dozens of articles in the international gaming press.

Have fun

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:

Noteworthy is the milestone of 1.000.000 backers reached, which was covered in depth by dozens of articles in the international gaming press.

Have fun

Passed it fine, when do we get to know how much they spent and how much is left? I think people would be more interested in that!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    They must have had a big rescaling of the whole project and its deadlines in 2013-2014 after the total funding increased exponentially in 2013. They had $2 million in October 2012, $24 million in October 2013 and $58 million in October 2014. Therefore, I wouldn't trust any predictions that were done before 2015. In January 2015 Chris Roberts predicted that total funding would probably go over $100 million by the time of public release in the end of 2015. He predicted that Arena Commander 2.0 would come out in summer, alpha of persistent world in the end of 2015 and commercial launch of the game in 2016. (http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/21/7866019/chris-roberts-says-star-citizen-will-reach-100-million-in-2015-shares). It looks like his predictions were off by only 3-4 months or so for Arena Commander 2.0 and hitting the $100 million mark. It would mean that they will hit $100 million and launch alpha of the persistent universe in Q1/2016 maybe in March or April.
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Erillion said:

Have fun

The UEE jump is because everyone that now has a package has access to AC, something that was not true before.  It jumped 5k on that day alone just from past backers now getting AC access.  

The UEE fleet number now displays the number of actual backers, so around ~772k.  

The citizen number means nothing as its just counting the number of accounts created on the website.  
    For those interested in more detailed data, I recommend "SC Pledgewatch"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit?pli=1#gid=1694467207

A VERY in depth analysis of the SC crowdfunding campaign.

Have fun
    edited November 2015
    + 4.237.202 $ in pledges in October 2015.

That is plenty enough to pay for all operating cost of 260 employees in 4 studios worldwide (Rule of thumb from internet: overall cost 100 k$ per employee per year in a small game company).

Now comes the X-mas gift season .... that brought in  $6,101,678  in November 2014 and $3,181,259 in December 2014.

Maybe CIG offers that 20 $ Aurora pledge option again like last year.

Have fun

Post edited by Erillion on
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited November 2015
    From SC thread on Frontier's foums.
    October's new backers raised $878,148 (16,262 * $54) while existing backers raised $3,359,053.
    Whales gonna whale.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    I love how the fanboys just eat up all the bullshit that scam citizen puts out. The only thing they have to talk about is how much money they took in. Never any information about when there will actually be a game to release. None of the numbers they put out really mean anything since they can say whatever they want. There is no way to really verify any of it since this is not a public company. They are already a year past the release date they projected with nothing that even approaches a complete game anywhere in sight. Looks like another lump of coal will be in the stockings of the SC fanboys this holiday season. How sad. 
    October's new backers raised $878,148 (16,262 * $54) while existing backers raised $3,359,053.
    Whales gonna whale.
    First ... link please. I suspect you mean this one:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57576&page=560&highlight=star+citizen

and the post by Zetta:

"...So $4,237,201 raised for October. The Endeavour, CCU, Military Armada and Aegis Sabre really got people digging deep. The referral system is certainly increasing number count although turning those accounts into game orders has dropped quite substantially, percentage wise.
    There were 48,679 new accounts of which 16,262 became new pilots (bought a package $54+), compared to 15,579 / 7,608 respectively in the previous month.
    In September, almost half of new accounts became AC-ready backers compared to October where (only) a third of new accounts bought a package that enabled them access to AC.

New backers = 16262 * 54 = $878,148 (minimum spent), Current backers $3,359,053 (maximum spent). ..."

Second ... the calculation is made with the smallest possible pledge package, which is not typical.

Personally i suspect its a 50:50 % mixture ....  quite a lot of new players have started in October and many of them will have chosen something better than the humble Aurora. And of course, some of the existing players have upgraded to an Endeavor or a Sabre.  But i doubt that 3.3 M$ come from the so-called "whales" which are usually the top 2 % of the spending pyramid.

http://venturebeat.com/2010/06/22/social-game-whales-are-big-spenders-on-facebook-survey-says/

"....The so-called whales in the report constitute about 2 percent of the social gaming audience. They’re the ones who are willing to spend $25 or more per month on social games, and they generate most of the revenue for social game publishers....."

Have fun

donger56 said:
    The only thing they have to talk about is how much money they took in.
    You realize that you are in a thread about crowdFUNDING, are you not ? Money usually does play a role in that.

And that there are a many other threads about timetables, progress reports, quality of work etc.

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited November 2015
    Erillion said:
    Whales gonna whale.
    New backers = 16262 * 54 = $878,148 (minimum spent), Current backers $3,359,053 (maximum spent). ..."

Second ... the calculation is made with the smallest possible pledge package, which is not typical.

Personally i suspect its a 50:50 % mixture ....  quite a lot of new players have started in October and many of them will have chosen something better than the humble Aurora. And of course, some of the existing players have upgraded to an Endeavor or a Sabre.  But i doubt that 3.3 M$ come from the so-called "whales" which are usually the top 2 % of the spending pyramid.

http://venturebeat.com/2010/06/22/social-game-whales-are-big-spenders-on-facebook-survey-says/

"....The so-called whales in the report constitute about 2 percent of the social gaming audience. They’re the ones who are willing to spend $25 or more per month on social games, and they generate most of the revenue for social game publishers....."

Yes, that's the post. The calculation is made with the smallest package possible but it does state minimum and maximum spent, so the caveat is clearly there.
    I think people are more likely to start with a minimum package to try the game out and get a feel for it rather than instantly splash out $250+ when they have no idea what they're getting into, how it runs or how it feels to play.

That venturebeat says whales spend $25 or more p/mth. If 20,000 of SC's community have raised $3.36 million in a month that is almost 7x that amount, that's some pretty serious additiction.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Erillion said:
    donger56 said:
    The only thing they have to talk about is how much money they took in.
    You realize that you are in a thread about crowdFUNDING, are you not ? Money usually does play a role in that.

And that there are a many other threads about timetables, progress reports, quality of work etc.

Have fun
    I'm talking about the entire 4 years of this mess. It has been mostly all talk about funding and buying pictures of ships. Yeah I've seen all the time tables and promotional stuff, but I still don't see a game. I've seen more progress from games that were just funded last year and with a fraction of the funding SC claims to have raised. You can buy into all of this if you want to, but the reality is that there is very little to show for 4 years and nearly 100 million. Fanboys have more patience than investors though, so I'm sure they can drag this out awhile longer before reality hits. 

Have fun waiting
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Then my questions is, why do you care?

Why do you care so much that every SC thread you guys have to post in without fail, repeating the same thing over and over? What's your goal? What do you gain from just parroting each other?

Sharing your opinion is one thing, but repeating the same crap 600 times and poking fun is just being a dick shitting on peoples parade. 
    donger56 said:

Have fun waiting
    I do, thank you !  :-D

Have fun
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Wizardry said:
    Burntvet has it pretty much summed up accurately.

These new money making scams are really bad because all revenue or i should say MOST of it is generated through hype and before the game is even made.So it is actually in the businesses best interest to delay as long as possible because that is how they make their money.

IMO this is a VERY heavy cash shop game,it will still be able to cash in on foolish spenders that will spend to no end to find their perfect ship and add ons.Then if it carries any kind of lame Eve ideas like insurance,that generates a whole new RMT avenue for the game.

I personally do not like ANY game that has it's best assets being bought outside the game,i want all that to be earned even if it is not a subscription game.I remember back in the day everyone would ONLY accept fluff cash shops,wow has that changed in a short time as i said it would.
    They will have to continue with (dare I use the term Micro-) Transactions. When you consider that once the game releases, they will have to give out $93M in product without getting any more money for it, since they already got paid.
  • BrorimBrorim Member UncommonPosts: 91
    This game is dead in the water ..
    Wizardry said:

I personally do not like ANY game that has it's best assets being bought outside the game,i want all that to be earned
    You seem to forget that its one of the design principles of Star Citizen that EVERYTHING in the game can be bought/earned IN THE GAME with IN GAME MONEY and NOTHING can only be bought with real world cash. There are no cash shop exclusive items (like premium tanks in World of Tanks) that are only available for real world cash only.  But hey, its easy to forget ... it has only been mentioned a hundreds times already.

Have fun
    Brorim said:
    In your personal opinion it may be that.

Objectively speaking .... not its not. In fact its more active than ever since this summer. The vast majority of the international gaming press is impressed by the recent announcements, videos and demos (see in the other "PRESS" thread for 20+ links or use Google for a list 100+ articles in the last month alone). Many new backers have joined the crowdfunding campaign. CIG has more employees than ever working on the game. Its very likely that more money is pouring in per month than is needed to pay for the expenses. 

Have fun
  • BrorimBrorim Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Erillion said:
    Brorim said:

Objectively speaking .... not its not. In fact its more active than ever since this summer. The vast majority of the international gaming press is impressed by the recent announcements, videos and demos (see in the other "PRESS" thread for 20+ links or use Google for a list 100+ articles in the last month alone). Many new backers have joined the crowdfunding campaign. CIG has more employees than ever working on the game. Its very likely that more money is pouring in per month than is needed to pay for the expenses. 

Have fun
    The Fact is that the game is not out and it will not deliver on it's Kickstarter goals .. That is FACT .. It's like Godus but much more serious ..
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:
    Whales gonna whale.

Yes, that's the post. The calculation is made with the smallest package possible but it does state minimum and maximum spent, so the caveat is clearly there.
    I think people are more likely to start with a minimum package to try the game out and get a feel for it rather than instantly splash out $250+ when they have no idea what they're getting into, how it runs or how it feels to play.

That venturebeat says whales spend $25 or more p/mth. If 20,000 of SC's community have raised $3.36 million in a month that is almost 7x that amount, that's some pretty serious additiction.
    You're right that is some serious addiction! Just imagine what could happen if the game isn't even close to what CR said it will be or it never releases! With that many addicted there could be at least 1 or 2 crazy people and I wonder if CR pays for protection? To me it is another reason I watch this with so much anticipation, waiting for just one pissed off customer become's unglued! 

I hope it never happens but they really do have to take precautions. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    To me it is another reason I watch this with so much anticipation, 
    You wait with anticipation for the creators of a video game to get hurt in real life by a fan ..... ????

8-O

Have fun

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Erillion said:
    Brorim said:

Have fun
    They had one great month thanks to ship sales and their big presentation but the four months before that averaged $1.5M per month, september was around $1.5M. Last week was around $450k, for the current week the daily spending has dropped from $40k to $30k, with a very obvious trend line showing a drop. That's a strong indication that spending is slowing down after the presentation.

To get the average of $2.5M per month they will continue to rely on new ships being sold to the whales.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    edited November 2015
    Shaigh said:
    They had one great month thanks to ship sales and their big presentation but the four months before that averaged $1.5M per month, september was around $1.5M. Last week was around $450k, for the current week the daily spending has dropped from $40k to $30k, with a very obvious trend line showing a drop. That's a strong indication that spending is slowing down after the presentation.

To get the average of $2.5M per month they will continue to rely on new ships being sold to the whales.
    See post above:

>>>For those interested in more detailed data, I recommend "SC Pledgewatch"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit?pli=1#gid=1694467207

A VERY in depth analysis of the SC crowdfunding campaign.>>>

The 3 year average is 2,6 M$.

Maybe there is a correlation as CIG currently has 260 employees. As a rule of thumb you often hear a cost of 100 k$ per (average) employee per year for a small gaming company.

November and December are coming, which traditionally are good months for this crowdfunding campaign.

Have fun 

Post edited by Erillion on