Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - current ship pipeline status

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    The MISC Razor racing ship

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15634-MISC-Razor

"Unlike MISC’s standard lines of commercial freighters, explorers and science vessels, the Razor was not constructed for the working pilot. Instead, it was designed with a singular purpose: place in the 2947 Murray Cup. Years of advanced aerospace design, consultation with Xi’An engineering partners and thousands of flight tests have produced a racing ship that burns faster for longer.

Featuring cutting edge fuel collections systems, minimal cross-section, sleek aerodynamic lines and proprietary Xi’An influenced thruster design, the Razor provides unparalleled speed with MISC dependability and endurance."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/bdbzt2is9p8oer/source/Razor_brochure-3.pdf

Have fun

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    LOL that really is just a Formula One race car without the wheels.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Why do they still design fighter spaceships like as if they are aerodynamic jets? Rudders, ailerons are all useless in space. Also , how do they slow down? I rarely see a spaceship in a game with extra thrusters to slow down or change direction. (except for in excellent games like KSP etc).

For once I would like to see a design that could actually be used in a dogfight in space. I bet it would be very ugly compared to those sleek looking space jets.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Oof that Herald's cockpit sucks ass. Why would you block off almost half of your view with some natty consoles?
    The consoles are your HUD for the ship...they give you all of the pertinent details about what is going on.
    Why do they still design fighter spaceships like as if they are aerodynamic jets? Rudders, ailerons are all useless in space. Also , how do they slow down? I rarely see a spaceship in a game with extra thrusters to slow down or change direction. (except for in excellent games like KSP etc).

For once I would like to see a design that could actually be used in a dogfight in space. I bet it would be very ugly compared to those sleek looking space jets.
    If you want an in game reason : part of the races are in atmospheres. Like the test track currently implemented in the game.

If you want an out of game reason:  fighter jet and race car shapes look cool to many.

Many ships in SC have retro jets and maneuvering thrusters. And there is actually quite an elaborate flight model behind it. You can switch off the automatic flight control and manually adjust the maneuvering jets if you want some really fancy maneuvers (and are REALLY good at multitasking and 3D visualization in your head).

Have fun

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    The design of tbe ships doesnt match the flight model. They largely look like 'aero' ships that are fast going forwards, when the FM that is implemented is a kind of 6DoF circle strafing and skidding round corners model. Its like watching an F14 fly backwards, just doesnt look right.
    Vanduul "Driller" Capital Ship  (in video 4k)

Have fun

The newest "Ship Shape". Topic: Vanduul Ships

Have fun

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
    edited December 2016
    Star Citizen Ship Size comparison

Star Citizen: The Scale of Things to Come

I miss the UEE "Retribution" Dreadnought in the video, which is a unique ship and should be about the size of a Kingship. See posts earlier in this thread.

Have fun

Drake Herald Data Runner

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15638-DRAKE-Herald

"Don’t let the utilitarian lines or the vertical silhouette fool you. The Herald is one half pure speed and one half cutting edge high tech computer system, which makes it Drake’s inaugural information runner.

While the Herald looks more like an angry beetle than a sleek racing ship, it’s very, very fast. In fact, Drake has designed a spacecraft that’s almost more engine than ship. Pilots report that running a Herald at full speed is a little like strapping yourself to a thruster. Unlike traditional racers, the Herald values speed over maneuverability because it’s designed to intercept, protect and transport sensitive information as effectively as possible."

Brochure

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/yuhmsfwd85cssr/source/Herald_brochure.pdf

Drake Herald Tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTwYGtRkm0

Have fun

CIG is offering again the lower priced (35 $) Aurora and Mustang X-Mas starter packages. Approx. 7000 each.

Have fun
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Are they the non upgradable ones?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Erillion said:
    Drake Herald Data Runner

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15638-DRAKE-Herald

"Don’t let the utilitarian lines or the vertical silhouette fool you. The Herald is one half pure speed and one half cutting edge high tech computer system, which makes it Drake’s inaugural information runner.

While the Herald looks more like an angry beetle than a sleek racing ship, it’s very, very fast. In fact, Drake has designed a spacecraft that’s almost more engine than ship. Pilots report that running a Herald at full speed is a little like strapping yourself to a thruster. Unlike traditional racers, the Herald values speed over maneuverability because it’s designed to intercept, protect and transport sensitive information as effectively as possible."

Brochure

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/yuhmsfwd85cssr/source/Herald_brochure.pdf

Drake Herald Tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTwYGtRkm0

Have fun

How's fuel consumption? Big engine on a little ship usually means running out of fuel fast.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Are they the non upgradable ones?
    Nope, normal ones.

Does not include Squadron 42 solo game, however. PU and SQ42 have been separate for a few months now.
    There is a combo package based on this holiday offer for those that want both.

Have fun
    How's fuel consumption? Big engine on a little ship usually means running out of fuel fast.
    I guess its not fixed yet. However, a fast ship (never mind the maneuverability) would be ideal for using Bussard ramjets to gather hydrogen fuel for being able to go the extra mile.

Have fun
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Looking forward to Cutlass revamp! Bring it on pirates Yarrr!
    edited January 2017
    Ongoing work on the Cutlass Black from Drake.

The "I am not a pirate" pirate ship.

Have fun
    In depth look at the ship production pipeline Part 1:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15703-Around-The-Verse

Have fun
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Is anyone actually having fun playing this mod?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its an Early Alpha of a game in development, not a mod for an existing game. :o
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    There's a few hours of content there but it's not very fun.
    They're too busy making it look pretty and it lacks any kind of interesting gameplay for now.
    It has potential though, it might be a fun game with things to do in a few years.

..Cake..

Considering that a few thousand people join Star Citizen every week for years now ... mostly based on word of mouth ... I would say ... yes. 

Personally I do have fun. A few dozens Star Citizen fans/backers  I personally know have fun too.

Current number of Star Citizens: 1,737,175
    From past experience and developer answers about half of that are paying crowdfunding backers, most of the other half of it are interested fans that check it out during Free Fly Weeks and a small number are vocal critics (most of them not even playing the game).

Have fun
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Erillion said:
    Considering that a few thousand people join Star Citizen every week for years now ... mostly based on word of mouth ... I would say ... yes. 

Personally I do have fun. A few dozens Star Citizen fans/backers  I personally know have fun too.

Current number of Star Citizens: 1,737,175
    From past experience and developer answers about half of that are paying crowdfunding backers, most of the other half of it are interested fans that check it out during Free Fly Weeks and a small number are vocal critics (most of them not even playing the game).

Have fun
    Which part of it do you play and enjoy? The racing mod? the fps? the space station part? I'm genuinely curious cos I have friends who own the demo and their feedback was not really positive, to say the least.
    I also watched several videos of "gameplay" and it looked awfully lacking in any sort of content.
    So please tell me about your own experience.