Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this single-player game on here? n/t

2»

Comments

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

For the same reason Chess.com is covering all board games.

Wait ....

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Because they have sold out to their "friends in the industry" (direct quote) times ago.

But we've been told on several occasions that they will set it all straight with the new website. You know, that elusive one they've been talking about since forever ...the one they "hope to show you more of somewhen next week". Yep, that new website that has become a running gag by now.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Because MMOs are a bit quiet at the moment and no news is bad for business.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

The problem isn't that they cover non mmorpgs, it's that they cover whatever has the most hype while totally  ignoring many mmorpgs - old and new - that could vastly benefit from a little extra exposure.

Instead of pushing the genre we all love to help it broaden it's diversity and audience, they go where the crowd is to increase their traffic with the least effort.

Can we blame them for it? Most probably not. If they want to expand, they need that extra traffic. Also most mmorpgs these days are doing everything wrong so there isn't much to cover, sadly.

Sure they could write an article on the latest asian wow clone cash shop extravaganza but who wants to read about that?

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I think we can only tell them what they cannot put on their site when we pay their bills.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Volgore

Because they have sold out to their "friends in the industry" (direct quote) times ago.

But we've been told on several occasions that they will set it all straight with the new website. You know, that elusive one they've been talking about since forever ...the one they "hope to show you more of somewhen next week". Yep, that new website that has become a running gag by now.

More of a limping. crawling joke than a running gag.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Who comes to this site. MY answer....gamers. Gamers of all types. Primarily mmog players...but not exclusively.. If this site is to serve as many of the gamer population as possible....especially when one could argue the mmog industry is "challenged"....why not help gamers find alternatives to the current mmog crop ?

In the case of THE WITCHER 3.....I think the game has set a new standard of excellence. For me....it is where I'm spending my gaming time....until.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Not sure why this question is up again, i think the staff have more than adequately covered this already.

That mmorpg.com no longer covers just MMO's is not exactly a new thing, they have for quite a while now, its more about games in general, after all, other types of games such as League of Legends etc, are also covered, likewise Dragon age;Inquisition. Maybe in time this will also further diversify to other entertainment types such as Films, who knows, but for the moment, it appears that here, we discuss games, a lot, some of them are MMO's, but a lot aren't image

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    It was a mistake. They thought it was going to be an MMO. It wasn't. Now the forum is there and they can't delete it, and people just keep posting in it. It's really embarrassing for them, too. I know Bill cringes every time someone opens a new thread in the W3 forum, or bumps a W3 post. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    It was a mistake. They thought it was going to be an MMO. It wasn't. Now the forum is there and they can't delete it, and people just keep posting in it. It's really embarrassing for them, too. I know Bill cringes every time someone opens a new thread in the W3 forum, or bumps a W3 post. 

I can only imagine thats some kind of joke, nobody has ever thought the game was going to be an MMO image

Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

I can only imagine thats some kind of joke, nobody has ever thought the game was going to be an MMO image

You assume correctly imageimage

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    lOVE MMORPG and very happy they are covering more than just MMO's.... They seem to be doing it right as well, MMO's still are their main focus but they cover some of the bigger non mmo releases as well 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Wow the mods really have gotten mellow in the last few weeks, for less than what had been said here I had like 2 weeks ban. Oh well, new times, new lives. 

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Originally posted by mayito7777
    Wow the mods really have gotten mellow in the last few weeks, for less than what had been said here I had like 2 weeks ban. Oh well, new times, new lives. 

Well I'm sure that calling the mods out will help your cause. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    All I can say it is about time. They should of been doing this years ago, like when Skyrim hit. :-D
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    censored

censored
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Why does Burger King sell chicken sandwiches and not only burgers?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

It is called serving the needs of more gamers and not fewer.

It's called  having gamers visiting THIS site instead of other sites that serve  more than just mmog gamers.

It is called doing exactly what THIS site did when SKYRIM was introduced.

Its called helping gamers  who have stopped playing the current crop of mmog