Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this single-player game on here? n/t

n/t

Comments

• spacebootsspaceboots Member Posts: 1
    $$$$$
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    They announced (more than once I believe) they have changed focus, which means they've expanded coverage to RPG's they feel people here would like to hear about. I really can't see what's wrong with that, I have to visit less sites a day, they get to cover more news and get more work, win/win...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Um....we'll give you $100,000 if you advertize our game for 6 months.

Duuu..hu......done.

I'd make the same call in a heartbeat.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Distopia
    They announced (more than once I believe) they have changed focus, which means they've expanded coverage to RPG's they feel people here would like to hear about. I really can't see what's wrong with that, I have to visit less sites a day, they get to cover more news and get more work, win/win...

I'm surprised they've only just noticed that this site has been covering none MMO's, i doubt its because their being paid to advertise them however, and its more a case of, their interested in a particular game and people are probably discussing it anyway in one of the general forums. Don't have a problem with that at all tbh, and discussing games is something quite a few people here get a certain degree of enjoyment fromt, and the Witcher series are probably going to be regarded as classic games of their time image

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    why are you on here?
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by SINep
    n/t

MMORPG switched, officially, to MMO+RPG for quite some time ago.

In other words they cover BOTH MMO's and RPG's in general.

Does that answer your question?

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

I personally enjoy the added coverage of RPG's. My guess is, like me, a lot of MMO players also play RPG's. In fact I have discovered a few rpg titles after reading discussions or news pieces on this site.

Ive seen this question posed a few times and I can't understand why anyone would react negatively to this site expanding their focus? 

When I come across a link or story that doesn't interest me my brain executes all the necessary commands to ignore the offending content.

On that note I am looking forward to Witcher 3 and am interested in any news and/or "positive" discussions.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by SINep
    n/t

It's a popular game.

Popular games generate interest = more potential traffic for this site, which leads to higher profits from advertisers

Simple no?

Also MMORPG has shifted focus from MMO only coverage for years.

This ^^^

See others like Diablo 3, Dragon Age Inquisition ect.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    this site should change name  or it is all about marketing  ,, scam ,,  what is very popular in last few years in gaming industry
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

There is no mmo on the market today I'm playing. This has happened in the past for me and I started playing an rpg. This site has realized that many players are doing what I've done.

THE WITCHER series has won hundreds of gaming awards. THE WITCHER 3 (which I expect to be  a success that could rival SYYRIM) is launching May 19th and promises to set a new standard for the genre.

I welcome the  news coverage. If it wasn't provided here....I would be visiting other sites to get it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
    this site should change name  or it is all about marketing  ,, scam ,,  what is very popular in last few years in gaming industry

hardly.

They do still cover mmo's so the name takes nothing away from that.

adding single player rpg's and the like is icing on the cake.

Additionally, this is their brand name and when people put into a search mmorpg their site will come up.

Some people are just "stomping their feet" because the world isn't black and white.

Additionally, Massively (overpowered) has a secton for non mmo's and I bet dollars to donuts that if there are other mmo sites they also include this content.

And with the new site design they said you would be able to filter out the news of games/content you are not interested in.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    ...because money.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

hardly.

They do still cover mmo's so the name takes nothing away from that.

adding single player rpg's and the like is icing on the cake.

Additionally, this is their brand name and when people put into a search mmorpg their site will come up.

Some people are just "stomping their feet" because the world isn't black and white.

Additionally, Massively (overpowered) has a secton for non mmo's and I bet dollars to donuts that if there are other mmo sites they also include this content.

And with the new site design they said you would be able to filter out the news of games/content you are not interested in.

Yes, but if I like MMOs I don't like any other type of game. I don't play them, just can't stand them.HEY!! nonmmorpg.com is available! Maybe they should just buy it and then run it as a sister site!!! Problem solved!

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Those of us who have been here a while have seen the expansion of coverage, and hey growth is growth. But I can also understand it from newcomers to the genre and young people looking for information about MMORPGs.

Let's say you're a 14 year old kid and you've heard the term, maybe heard about WoW and wanted to find out what other MMOs there are so you hit up google. This site immediately comes up and you click (cause who actually goes to page 2 of internet searches amirite?). Right up front and center is The Witcher 3! Do you stay, do you go, do you click on it to find out how it's an MMO?  Any newcomer essentially lacks the taxonomical knowledge of MMO history to place something into one bin or another.

So what? Meh, you're right, it's not really a big deal. But we will forever get threads like these because it is confusing to people who haven't been around.

I don't think MMORPG should stop covering everything, that's silly. Nor do I think they should change their name (dropping a brand identity as large as MMORPG would be a terrible idea). What they should do is redesign this awful site. It's a visual cacophony of text links, competing advertising space, and poor navigation options.

• ArchaegeoArchaegeo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Then GTA:V Online should have its own forum.

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367
    I'm glad this site has changed it's coverage model. I like having all my RPG info in one place.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I don't mind, mmos have been crap lately.
  • NarwrynnNarwrynn Member UncommonPosts: 83

MMORPG.com covers MMORPGs (obviously)

They cover MMOs, nobody seems to mind that even though it is missing the RPG elements.

They cover RPGs even though they lack the MMO. 

They have started to cover more. Users who like MMORPGs are likely to enjoy MMOs and RPGs. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Welcome back from your lengthy coma, OP! Try to stay awake now. In other news, email has largely replaced fax machines.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I'm guessing by the same logic that would facilitate searching google for a picture of a mass transit vehicle and getting a unicycle pop up on your screen.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Narwrynn

MMORPG.com covers MMORPGs (obviously)

They cover MMOs, nobody seems to mind that even though it is missing the RPG elements.

They cover RPGs even though they lack the MMO. 

They have started to cover more. Users who like MMORPGs are likely to enjoy MMOs and RPGs. 

And besides the point, what really is going on in the "mmo space'? Enough to keep a website alive? 

How many times do we have to discuss:

payment methods

solo vs group play

pvp vs pve

And then the same litany of complaints about the same handful of games because that's really of interest.

At least the single player rpg's invite discussion about games as opposed to the same nonsense we've been rehashing for years.

And other "mmo sites" also discuss other types of games.

I really can't wait until they get their new site and people can filter out what they want/dont' want.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by Torval
    Originally posted by Iselin

Welcome back from your lengthy coma, OP! Try to stay awake now. In other news, email has largely replaced fax machines.

I was reading on Slashdot about this new tech call "Instant Messaging". I doubt it will take off. It's a vaporware concept like typing out text chat messages on your mobile phone.

Who reads Slashdot anymore it's corporate and filled with politics.

All the relevant nerds moved over to Ars Technica now.

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1234441

I haven't visited Slashdot in years. Kind of funny to be able to bring it up in this outdated convo. It used to be a good site, no more.

I just wish arstechnica didn't sound like the name of techno super hero with a big butt.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by Distopia

The only thing that bothers me is when I see something labeled as MMO when it's clearly not. As long as each game is labeled or described properly, it's all good.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

As others have said: it is all about the money.

This site will cover anything so long as someone pays them to do it.