Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dyanmic scaling

cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

As a shooter the game is OK but you run out of content quickly after which everything is repetitive.

The major annoyance I find is dynamic scaling in the open world. I'll be running around doing daily content, 1 or 2 shot killing enemies, and all of a sudden my hits barely scratch anyone and my shields are being torn apart.

What happened? As few as 1 more player with a much higher ego level has entered the same content and has jacked up the difficulty level for everyone else in the area. No warning is given - it just happens in real time. At that point you can bug out or mop up the scraps left over by the other player(s). Neither is rewarding.

Comments

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

As a shooter the game is OK but you run out of content quickly after which everything is repetitive.

The major annoyance I find is dynamic scaling in the open world. I'll be running around doing daily content, 1 or 2 shot killing enemies, and all of a sudden my hits barely scratch anyone and my shields are being torn apart.

What happened? As few as 1 more player with a much higher ego level has entered the same content and has jacked up the difficulty level for everyone else in the area. No warning is given - it just happens in real time. At that point you can bug out or mop up the scraps left over by the other player(s). Neither is rewarding.

Play Borderlands instead.   Trade the pretty graphics for some interesting world and gameplay.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

i love this game. that has to be said.

Dynamic Sacling tough sucks big time. The same happens to me all time.

I do my solo content as 1500 Ego player and have fun 1-2 shotting mobs then a 4500 Ego player joins and ruins everything.

I wish they scaled down the higher players on lower EGO level content.