Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why didn't anyone tell me about this badass game!

holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154

How did this game not show up on my radar.  I have to admit it was slow for me at first.  Once I got to level 10 (1 hr or so), I started to figure out things.  I am having a blast.  I got to level 25 and mission 8 (dungeon/group), I was blow away so far with the cinematics and storyline.  Making me hungry for more.  I could go on and on, but I wont leave a wall of text for you to read...you need to give this game a shot.  It took me time to figure things out, but your probably smarter than me and can pick up on things faster.

I am currently looking for a Guild/Army.  Looking for active members with in the Army.  If you have any in mind plz leave a comment below. 

Comments

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Yeah, it is a good game, the TPS combat is especially fun.  

Why it hasn't appeared on your radar... probably because it was in OB for a couple of years while they continued to develop and refine it so the official launch did not receive much of a fanfare.    

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    this one really turned out to be a great MMO, feels well rounded, went off my radar for some time but after launch it was kind of big surprise how much it improved during the long phase of development
  • holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    I can't wait for the devs to come back and take another ass beating,lol
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    It's probably because the game did a literal 180. It was much more open before, but it just wasn't very exciting after a while, either. It just seemed a little uninspired after playing it for a while. I agree, though, they did an amazing job revamping it. It's so much better now. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    This game was ripped pretty hard when it first came out.  It appears to have found a niche and if it continues to get better maybe stronger word of mouth will bring new players in. 
  • xycronexycrone Member UncommonPosts: 22

I always liked this game. It is fresh and fps and still gives me that old mmo feeling of interest i had when I played my first mmo. But it had a long beta and raids are really new. Now that there is content this game will be huge only dwarfed by the still unreleased Star Citizen. Yeah FireFall is that good and I knew it as soon as I saw how the combat engine worked and handled. I told my friends it would be the best game in 2013 but well it was still in beta and had no content. However it is the best game of 2014; the best game i have ever played. 

If you did not hear about it, it is because thumping while being the greatest resource gathering mechanic ever, is not enough and the ares missions were not enough. It needed content; raids and pvp is good too. Now currently it has it all. And I have spent an embarrassing amount of time building characters to a potential state that I desire.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Those of us in beta were extremely disappointed with release, but changes have been made (and still are) and the game is getting better. Look for more action in the starting area as Chosen attacks on watchtowers are ramping up (around SH). We used to have up to 3 strike teams and one death squad hitting us hard on the SH tower. Now...finally...they are back (not the death squads...yet). 
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

The game is pretty solid... While they did super simplify what was probably some of the most in depth crafting since SWG (a real downer)

They did significantly improve the overall game play by giving logical progression (zones have meaning) even thoush the level aspect kinda makes it feel very themeparkish (would have been better if it were skill based)

The missions, and overall content really makes the game playable as opposed to the early/mid beta thumpathon.

You will find that leveling is actually pretty easy and have multiple frames built up relatively quick (which can also be used to unlock "premium" frames) Then it is more or less about tweaking your gear which except for certain skills and main weapons can be shared through all frames.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Fell under my radar too OP.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Idk I can't get into this game, I spent like $300 during the beta, just tried to get back into it.. too many changes and weird things. I just don't have the motivation the learn it all again, plus it's still poorly optimized.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154

I am not gonna lie, I was lost at first. Looked up some videos and then everything made sense.

This video helped explain things, making it easier for me.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I played for a couple days a couple years ago it seems. I might give it another go now that they've launched it.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390

Tried playing the game but awkward character models, animations and the armor design just put me off. 

Gameworld itself is big and gorgeous though.

• protocon77protocon77 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    No one told you about this game because it isn't worth telling people about.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by holyneo

I am not gonna lie, I was lost at first. Looked up some videos and then everything made sense.

This video helped explain things, making it easier for me.

I just watched the video. Geez they've added a lot of customization.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I played it for a couple of hours and had a lot of fun. I'm not sure why I didn't go back to it. I guess I got distracted by ArcheAge for a minute. Now because of this thread I'm going to watch that video and jump back in to the game again.

Just a couple of questions:

If you've played Defiance, how does Firefall compare?

How is the cash shop?