Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players discover bug that reveals unreleased content in Destiny

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-osssAKgEc#t=11

Heres a list if you dont want to go through video http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hpqdi/video_a_players_level_select_screen_bugs_out_and/

Earth

• Strike [Level 10] - The Jovian Complex: A new Hive brood gathers it's strength beneath the cosmodrome. Find their master and purge them all.
  • Story Mission [Level 18] - The Veil Lifted: Root out the Hive beneath the Cosmodrome and discover a long-hidden secret of the Golden Age.
  • Story Mission [Level 18] - The Seeding: Investigate the return of ancient Hive Wizards, preparing Earth for Crota's reign.
  • Story Mission [Level 20] - Gone to Ground: Find a Wolves baron and his conspirators who have betrayed the Queen and are hiding in the Cosmodrone.

Moon

• Strike [Level 14] - The House of Wolves: No description
  • Strike [Level 26] - The Summoning Pits: Xyor, the Unwed awaits your arrival at the bottom of the Hellmouth (part of an exotic bounty not new expansion content. Thanks to /u/The7ruth)
  • RAID [Level 28] - Crota's End: He waits in the dark below
  • Story Mission [Level 20] - The Wakening: Stop the Hive from summoning Crota and consuming our worlds.

Venus

• Story Mission [Level 20] - Wolves' Harvest: Track down the Queen's traitorous Wolves and recover what they've stolen from the Awoken.
  • Story Mission [Level 22] - The Citadel: Ascend to the top of the Vex stronghold on Venus and assassinate the Wolves' Kell

Mars

• Strike [Level 20] - The Hypogeum: The ressurection of the Black Garden has begun. Stop the Vex before the Garden's heart beats again.

Reef

• RAID [Level 28] - Reef Raid: No Description

Crucible

• Skirmish [Special Event?] - Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come.

A string of victories will earn you great rewards - but lose three times and you're out.

• 3v3 Team Deathmatch
  • Level Advantages Enabled
  • Weekly Rewards
  • Trial Set Gear
  • Ascendant Materials
  • Crucible Marks

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

I wonder whether this is a bug or whether it is a very clever "easter egg".

Clever because if it is intentional it could gain far more traction than Bungie simply announcing it on their website / twitter account and so forth. And if - at the end of the day - some of it doesn't happen then hey it was never officially announced.

Interesting that a lot of the new content is classed as story missions as well. Then again Bungie did say they have a lot of story ....

Edit: yep lots of articles out there.

Reminds me of EverQuest - which had a paid for expansion every 6 months. Ah that's how mmos used to be. None of this EverQuest should have waited another 10 years before it released. 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

If you look carefully, you will see references to House of Wolves and Dark Below.

Which are the upcoming two DLC packs. First one slated for December.

Each DLC pack is suppose to contain New story missions, strikes, a RAID and Crucible stuff.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

This is coherent with what Angry Joe stated in his review. Beta testers playing the game in 2013 stated that there was considerably more content compared to what is released. It seems that Activision removed chunks in order to sell them as dlc's or "story  progression" or whatever.

The sad part is that customers will most likely validate this behavior with their wallets.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Essentially it is a naughty peak really to simply whet your appetite. Smooth Activision.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Shodanas

This is coherent with what Angry Joe stated in his review. Beta testers playing the game in 2013 stated that there was considerably more content compared to what is released. It seems that Activision removed chunks in order to sell them as dlc's or "story  progression" or whatever.

The sad part is that customers will most likely validate this behavior with their wallets.

Proof?

The only proof we have, backed up with a youtube video, was that glitch in Open Beta into Kings Watch in Old Russia.

And all we saw was just a bunch of Level 20 enemies in the first room behind the doors. We haven't seen the entire Kings Watch area, what it contains and if it's actually ready and bugfree / tested.

People seem to be under the impression that Developers start working on a New DLC only after the game has been released.

So you really think they can draw, plan, design, create, test, retest New strikes and an entire RAID in just 3-4 months?

All we see in this last youtube video, is a glitch of the destination map with some extra icons. Nothing is actual proof that everything is already fully pre-loaded on disc!

Now, if he was actually able to go to all those areas in this glitched state, do these missions, enter the Strikes and the RAIDs.... Yeah then I would be right here with you and call it out on Activision and Bungie for purposely locking out fully finished content!

PS. We also still don't know what will be unlocked for free in coming months. As they always stated they would release free updates between the DLC's and expansion.

Trials of Isiris has been confirmed by the way, as being an exotic weapon Bounty. You have to unlock it.

• kathrinalewiskathrinalewis Member Posts: 1

It's a completely different game from the previous one which i played but i like that alot http://goo.gl/wqlzZo

Stories about missing content from the released game came from people who participated in the beta tests and complained that there was more content before the game was released. 

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Well that's okay then , I didn't realise the missions would be 18 or higher. Nothing to see here then really. Nice one looking forward to the expansion then. Just got my first exotic bounty too , better go search the whole of mars :)

Just to clarify the missions you have quoted are all a continuation of the game after what we have now. Obviously strikes are just that strikes.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Shodanas

More stuff "discovered" "today" which further suggests that there is an outline story that they are working to. 

As far as removing chunks though prior to SWTORs release James Olsen talked about what was required if they were to churn out new content. And that they needed to start on it in September - a full 14 months before the game actually released. Whether they managed that I don't know but it underlines what is obvious: new content takes time.  Essentially Bungie will have had to establish a production line of artist, coders, tester, actors and so forth.

If someone asked Bungie after the game released how far along they were with the first DLC and they said "just starting on it" we would have been saying wtf, seriously, get your act together Bungie, the DLC is going to be trivial.  

So - given that "some stuff" will have been but, as Bungie said - none of it was finished would you have preferred them to:

• leave everything off the disc
    • put on stuff that would form part of the DLC in order to reduce downloads.
    I have lived in "rural" America were connection speeds are dire. And I know from keeping in touch that they still are. (I had a satellite installed - vastly superior but still meh.) They would appreciate having to download less.