Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player: Says Farewell to Age of Wushu

Greetings!

It is with a heavy heart that I am here today to announce the end of my time with Age of Wushu. Through Steam, I have been able to reach an MMO with a huge amount of unrealized potential that has been instrumental in the loss of many, many personal gaming hours. However, in the best interest of the security of my bank account and my growing distrust in Snail games, I have decided to part ways with Age of Wushu.

By September 20th, 2014 I will no longer access my Age of Wushu account, through Steam or elsewhere.

While I am ending my partnership with Age of Wushu, my MMO-playing habit will remain active, and my time will be transferred from Age of Wushu to other games.

To help facilitate this process, I have already uninstalled the game.

MMOs that don't limit how their players are buying items in-game to a single, shady web-based store are located nearly everywhere in all major citites.
For example: (EvE Online, Rift) in the Steam store.

To uninstall your own game from your hard drive, simply perform the following steps:
1. Log into the Steam account you wish to uninstall Age of Wushu from.
2. Head to the Library page.
3. Right-click on the Age of Wushu name in the games column.
4. Select "Remove Local Content" from the dropdown box that opened in step 3, and click on it.
5. Every game on Steam can be uninstalled following this guide. The pressing of the "Delete" button will be the final selection before Age of Wushu is permanently removed.

Transfers to other MMOs will be made immediately until a suitable replacement can be found.

Active immediately, all purchases of Snail games' products have been disabled.

Comments

• Ignition22Ignition22 Member Posts: 3

Just in case you didn't understand what this was: http://steamcommunity.com/app/265650/discussions/0/613936673287616210/

It was also posted on the Steam forums for awhile, but, yeah, a developer removed it and then gave me a permaban from posting on their Steam forum. The box for giving a reason why I was banned was literally empty. I guess "disrespecting the game" isn't a selectable option.

Good ol' Snail.

Does anyone know if you can contest bans from Valve? I doubt they would think this is proper use of Snail's Steam-forum moderation privileges.

EDIT: I filed a ticket. Nothing will probably happen...I mean, the game is already pulled from Steam...but I figured someone at Valve should know about Snail's willy-nilly banning habits, even if it's just a low-level support employee.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Interesting indeed.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Just a heads up I was searching for MMO's on Google, and I came across this post of even more players complaining and what looks like might be proof of RMT Money Laundry.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24670

http://howpeoplescheatinaow.blogspot.co.uk/

Also if you got banned from Steam, Just go appeal the ban as long as you didn't break any actual rules listed on the Steam forums, I don't understand why they would remove the post however with this said, Snail in my opinion is a bad company I tried Multiple Games from Snail from AOW to Black Gold online, both games have potential, but not in the hands of Snail Games lack of updates and I wouldn't put it past there being security risks for real with the lack of content or updates provided 1 update in Black Gold in like 3 weeks or more.

https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php This is where you appeal a Steam Ban, also you will have to create a new account if you have never used the support system.

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

players come and go , just like how customers come and go in any business.  Businesses can not appeal to every single person.  Instead of rage quitting the game and letting everyone hear about it, just move onto another game. Posts like this are not going to solve anything, they are not going to make changes for a needle in a haystack.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    With all of the MMOs offered these days...how did you last this long playing that garbage? Should have been "so long" a couple years ago.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Age of Wushu is a strange beast.  It has an incredible amount of game systems and some good ideas.  Some of those ideas and game systems are taken from other games, and some are unique to AoW.  However, I have said it before and I will say it again... Snail USA is all thumbs when it comes to managing an MMO.  They have backwards customer policies when it comes to hacked accounts and their cash shop is set up with Asian players in mind and not with most Western gamers spending habits.  Such as "rental" items sold for real money that disappear after 30 days instead of permanent items that most Western players are accustomed too.  Most people who I know who have played the game have had their account hacked at least once and not one had their items or in game gold restored.  At least most in my guild at the time I was playing. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Ignition22Ignition22 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by britzban

players come and go , just like how customers come and go in any business.  Businesses can not appeal to every single person.  Instead of rage quitting the game and letting everyone hear about it, just move onto another game. Posts like this are not going to solve anything, they are not going to make changes for a needle in a haystack.

I definitely agree with the sentiment that it's not going to solve anything, but I respectfully disagree on the notion that if a person is dissatisfied or unhappy, they shouldn't bother to express their opinions.

Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    With all of the MMOs offered these days...how did you last this long playing that garbage? Should have been "so long" a couple years ago.

I heard of the game a long time ago, when it was still being beta tested (last winter, I think, haha), but didn't start playing it until it appeared on Steam. I had attempted to install it using their ghetto installation method of downloading a bunch of separate files, but when the installation failed it just shrugged my shoulders and moved on.

The funny thing that people should remember is that AoW hasn't even been on Steam that long. I'm pretty sure it was springtime when I saw it arrive on Steam and first started playing it.

EDIT: March 27th. (http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/313) So about 6 months total.

The other thing I want people to note here is that PayPal ended its partnership with Snail a long time ago. Even the use of "Subway gift cards," of all things, doesn't work any more.

As of right now, the only way to purchase anything in AoW that I am aware of  is to directly give them your credit card number through their shady-ass webpage.

• StoevixStoevix Member UncommonPosts: 37

While I never played Age of Wushu or game from snail, In my book removing your self from steam is like shooting your self in the foot.  Steam brings a lot more players to any game that is placed on steam.

Some people likes to keep all there games in one client like steam. That way they can talk to there online friends no matter what game they are playing.

• Man_of_LeisureMan_of_Leisure Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Ignition22

As of right now, the only way to purchase anything in AoW that I am aware of  is to directly give them your credit card number through their shady-ass webpage.

Yep, they expect you to enter credit card information using their webpage that doesn't have  a security certificate and therefore does does not work with ssl. If they are willing to flaunt this shit in front of users is it any wonder that everyone gets hacked? I mean when we log into the game are we sending our credentials in plaintext across the internet? That would not surprise me.

Even better still, when you try to log into their forum, you log in the first time and it redirects you to their insecure webpage. So the first login is garbage and perfect place for hackers to intercept passwords since logging in here never works.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

So a game decides that they don't want to pay steam to promote them any more and you think its a bad business decision? You do realize that steam is a business and they charge the games for going through them. Yea once a game has a nice playerbase it is best to go solo so they can keep 100% of the profits. This thread is like calling WOW or SWTOR crooks because they aren't linked through steam. Get your head screwed on straight. This thread is nothing but a troll thread with people crying because the game has gold sellers who steal your account. Every game has gold sellers who steal your account. It happens when a dumbass registers with a gold seller and uses their password from the game. Then the gold seller just laughs his ass off and logs into the game using the password that has been given.

Are you onto something or just on something?