Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is your child a goth?

Comments

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

But on topic, I-
    -Masturbate (No, I wont lie, we all occasionally do it.)
    -Eat Count Dracula (um.. Chocula?) cereal
    -Wears band and/or rock t-shirts (I have a few in my closet)
    -Takes drugs (Pot a couple of times, never expanded past that. I think we all will eventually be guilty of this)
    -Sleeps too excessively or too little.
    -Is excessively awake during the night (World of Warcraft just came out ::::02::)
    -Spends large amounts of time alone. (Switched schools, I hate everyone at my new school. It's understandeable to eat lunch alone and not participate with others when you really dont like the people)
    -Expresses an interest in sex. (all human beings do. Stop trying to get across your right-winged message that all pleasure is sin. Maybe adultery is bad, but ALL humans express an interest in sex, idiots.)

What the F#%$ does this mean? -Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to
    evil sprits through meditation.)

/chuckle

I am a HUGE Goth. This is a picture of me:
    Literally. Look at how huge I am.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048
    ok. For all of you that think this is serious. Go to the link. And click on main...

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

• rbh1138rbh1138 Member Posts: 13
    First of all that thing is fake. I've been to church, hard core right-wing pentacostal church. Most of that  is "bs" whoever made it is an idiot. Cutting yourself to ease pain is an actual thing some people do and sometimes they do go to treatment for it, it has nothing to do with being goth, but anyway I wear black, love sex with women, and i'm not a goth. Most goth's i've met are either hippy's in black or nerd's in black. The part about being alone yeah, but that is to jerk off I don't like it when the dog is in the room watching me. The cereal part proves it's fake, come on people do you actually think someone is that stupid? Oh yeah and i'm a conservative and I don't think all pleasure is sin and yeah I voted for bush, I don't have a problem with bush i don't see why ladies think they have to shave that for sex. I mean come on it's still the same thing just with hair. imageimage
  • gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Joke or not, that Asian goth chick is hottt.
    The second one isnt that hot though.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

and besides...doesn't like atleast 75% of the world mastu....do that?

I guess the world has been overrun by goths image

• Azn_1337nessAzn_1337ness Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Serien
    Originally posted by metalfoxus
    boo hoo cut yourself emo boy.
    I used to enjoy reading your posts
    but lately (and I'm sure there are others who can back me up on this) they've been really...well, not what they used to be. image

Oh stfu emo boy. Metalfoxus rocks.

kkthxbye

2 1337 4 Joo!!!!

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

Goth is retarded.

Seriously. Like I want to walk around all day wearing black and finger nail pollish and lip stick. Oo that's cool. Any hard rock sucks as well.

I'm right, because my word, is the word of God. You can't argue.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by jackeccs
    Goth is retarded.
    Seriously. Like I want to walk around all day wearing black and finger nail pollish and lip stick. Oo that's cool. Any hard rock sucks as well.

/Slap

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Originally posted by rathma

Originally posted by jackeccs
    Goth is retarded.

/Slap

no, but really..jack has a point

really now, who in their right mind would walk around all day wearing black and finger nail polish and lip stick.

not saying I completely agree with the part where he says hard rock sucks...but hey, gothic culture does

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

My favorite color is black, and most of my clothing is black, but I don't wear any cosmetics lol

nor do I die my hair black, listen to death metal and pretend to be a Vampire

lets see what I got in the CD player right now...Doobie Brothers, I must be out dated lol

Goth like Emo is a fad it is "cool" right now, but later on it will be something else

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• GungerFangGungerFang Member Posts: 68

Goths are weird.... no offense

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by rathma Originally posted by jackeccsGoth is retarded.Seriously. Like I want to walk around all day wearing black and finger nail pollish and lip stick. Oo that's cool. Any hard rock sucks as well. I'm right, because my word, is the word of God. You can't argue./Slap
    really now, who in their right mind would walk around all day wearing black and finger nail polish and lip stick.
    not saying I completely agree with the part where he says hard rock sucks...but hey, gothic culture does

I was slapping him towards the whole "Hard rock sucks" thing and how it's gods word. I'm sure hard rock was invented around jesus' time.... And if it was....

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Murt, you would be the person who agrees with an obvivious comment to defend your damn stale personality.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Azn_1337ness

Originally posted by metalfoxus
    boo hoo cut yourself emo boy.

I used to enjoy reading your posts
    but lately (and I'm sure there are others who can back me up on this) they've been really...well, not what they used to be. image

Oh stfu emo boy. Metalfoxus rocks.

kkthxbye

then why is ever other post of his deleted???

seriously he is the only person with a post count of above 600, who logs in regularly and isnt at least an advanced member.

i think that proves me and murt are right about him.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Lol, I have a confusion with Goth, whenever I go completely black clothing I usually am in a pissed off mood alot sorta nazi goth guy.  Not a healthy thing cause people with short tempers are candidates for heart disease.  Well after about 2 years I've put that part behind me plus it does look stupid and only shows you have problems like everyone else don't...

I read a little bit in the goth culture its not really that bad, in short its basically people that have grown EXTREMELY bored with their surroundings.  Ater staying in the same spot for so many years people get tired of it all and most goths are itching to get out or leave.

Some of them are suicidal individuals, don't talk to a goth all hardcore like they're emo, lol some of those people really go off into the deep end I mean if you listen too much of what they talk about it will haunt you for a couple days maybe years?

But Goths aren't too bad really I find them mildly interesting.image

• WindrunnerXWindrunnerX Member Posts: 88
    The person who wrote this is too paranoid.  Seriously.  Some are good reasons but others are really crappy.  I mean come on, who doesn't play violent video games or FPS?  Do we worship the devil? No. If we go into depression, does it mean that we are Goths? No.  They think that vampires worship Satan?  Do actual undead exist?  No.  Even if I were to do these things, I still believe in the Christ.  The person who wrote this must be insane or high on drugs.  Also, when they wear black makeup, they just want to look cool.  Man this article is weird.

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Originally posted by jackeccsGoth is retarded.Seriously. Like I want to walk around all day wearing black and finger nail pollish and lip stick. Oo that's cool. Any hard rock sucks as well. I'm right, because my word, is the word of God. You can't argue.

/Slap

I was slapping him towards the whole "Hard rock sucks" thing and how it's gods word. I'm sure hard rock was invented around jesus' time.... And if it was....

Lol I don't think you were serious here but, everyone should know that the beginning of Rock started with The Beatles, before them the only thing big was some opera singing nuns.
  • sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286

I cant belive how wrong this is i diddnt even bothere to read it all i the 1st was completly wrong.

freaquntly wears black clothes, since gothic orginally was bright colors. the fact that the churches name is at the top of this is the funniest. goth started with the church in mideval times. it was a a type of way to build which involves bright colors.

So if that makes any sence to anyone then you get what im saying but anyway thats all.

Oh yea i forgot one thing my favorite part of all that was the ones where it says if they do somthing to much or to little like they made rules like how much your sopposed to do it.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by sqwiggins
    I cant belive how wrong this is i diddnt even bothere to read it all i the 1st was completly wrong.
    freaquntly wears black clothes, since gothic orginally was bright colors. the fact that the churches name is at the top of this is the funniest. goth started with the church in mideval times. it was a a type of way to build which involves bright colors.
    So if that makes any sence to anyone then you get what im saying but anyway thats all.
    Oh yea i forgot one thing my favorite part of all that was the ones where it says if they do somthing to much or to little like they made rules like how much your sopposed to do it.

There is a difference between medieval "Gothic" and personality gothic, dumby.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    imageGoth girlsimage

• BadhawkBadhawk Member Posts: 203

While I admit some of that is just plain stupid, especially about the TV being corrupt and to ask your church what programs are appropriate ::::12::

seriously, these goth retards are just completely stupid. Cutting yourself oh boohoo, I need to let go of my problems so I'm gonna cut my wrists blah blah. Shit is stupid and is just a plea for attention. Why can't people remain themselves while dressing and acting normal?

• JonathJCenJonathJCen Member UncommonPosts: 202

General misconceptions of us...

Greetings to all, I'm here to clarify several things that people often... OFTEN mistaken as a trait of being a 'goth.'
       First off, I use the term 'goth' because I am forced to by the way the society of the world runs. Everything has to be nice and neatly labeled wether or not it makes a difference in the end. I do not enjoy putting labels onto things, but for the purpose of conversation I realize that this is a must at many times.
       The foremost misconception is that a goth wears black... this is a double edged sword. The cloths don't make the individual, the person does. Sort of like common citizens who wear military camouflage but are not affiliated with the military. You can wear the gear, but you're not the real thing. Often you will find a true goth wearing clothing that fits more to the romantic age or Victorian time era. Yes, there is black involved, largely, but it is not our only trait nor is it the declaring factor of what we are.
       Goths are not in the whole suicidal. admiration of the parts of life that most people overlook is found, including death, but this does not make us suicidal. Any notation of suicide is generally for artistic purposes, of a great sacrifice, or to take a form of extreme pain (think Romeo and Juliet, or Edger Alan Poe's poetry in regards to his love for his lost wife which haunts him, etc).
       Goths are NOT drugees. We are extremely open-minded, often to the point of being annoyed or displeased by those who refuse to except other's choice of lives to be relevant and theirs to be the 'only way,' but a great percent of us do not do drugs. Things which inhibit your mind to be what it is, to see what it sees and understand a deeper depth to existence and un-existance, take away from life. Now this does not speak for all of us, but in all honesty there are very, VERY few REAL 'goths' that do any sort of drugs past the point of Alcohol.
       We do not seek attention. We do not wear what we wear because we want you to look at us. In many cases we become anti-social due to a lack of people whom we can converse with at the depth of thought and emotion that we have. This is not to say that a more traditional person is incapable of feeling strong emotions or being contemplative, however most people have lost touch with the degree of emotion and thought (accept anger, hatred, etc, those always stick). If you're passionate about something but not forceful of it, have creative ideas, we'd probably enjoy talking with you. If you do not recognize our right to exist, see us as "lost sheep" or anything besides human beings with emotions and our own way of life, than don't bother. Those who are closed minded and ignorant of other's lives being of equal meaning or paths that they chose or perhaps being equal with their own are not the type of people to be enjoyed.
       Our conceptions of the supernatural or spiritual ideas vary. Most of us are not Satanists (which BTW has NOTHING to do with 'satan,' it's basically a belief system opposite of Buddhism, pleasing ones self to certain extents), etc. I myself believe in a forum of a higher power, something of greater existence than myself, however this is different than the way most christians perceive it. Most of my friends whom are real 'goths' share similar ideas, and we often discuss other possibilities. The common understanding is that beliefs are dangerous, people die because of beliefs, are killed because of them, wars happen because of them, all in all who's to say the right from wrong. usually we see things as ideas, ideas don't cause wars and they can be changed. At the very least they give for an open mind. The only real belief is that of natural rights, your right to exist the way you feel you're meant to, hopefully not causing unwanted harm onto others, which would infringe upon the natural rights (exceptions to harm would be the need to take the life of a plant or animal [though some of us are vegetarians] for survival, but not out of malice, etc. [kinky S&M stuff doesn't count as 'unwanted harm' needless to say, but I'll go no further]).

Anyways, if you've stuck this out so far and/or cared to read this article, than I thankyou. I realize that there are many other topics, both MMORPG related or miscellaneous like this one, that you could be reading. I just felt that some of the above was in real need of being mentioned. We are not hippies, drugees, 'lost sheep,' 'Them,' another stage in life, etc. We're introspective and poetic but not 'drama queens/kings' ( as in "Oh my god my parents make me clean my room, life is horrible!" yeah, that's just not us.) See you anything different, then it is not the 'real deal' as people use the phrase.

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Originally posted by sqwiggins

That's pretty funny. No, Goths were a tribe from eastern europe during that dark ages. One of the groups that was the cause of the downfall of the Roman Empire. The term "Gothic" refers to the Gothic Art Period which was around 1150 till the 1400s. Developed by Abbot Suger, it took the Romanasque features of massive scale and added ribbed vaulting, rose windows and flying buttress(to releve stress from wells). Manly, a Gothic Cathedral mainly emphasizes light(Suger's Divine Light) using stain glass and rose window. In all honestly, the style before Gothic called Romanasque is more depressing. Romanasque has little light but massive scale and thick walls. Why don't they call themselves "Romanasque"?

Again, neither the race or the art period have anything to do with "Goths" today. They stole the term of a rather beautiful architecture style.

Originally posted by Kiamde

Murt, you would be the person who agrees with an obvivious comment to defend your damn stale personality.

I'm lost...could you define this "damn stale personality" please?
  • BadhawkBadhawk Member Posts: 203

Do you all think you're being a non comformist or something? Because all you're doing is conforming to the "non comformist" style. As much as you don't want to admit, you are not different from the other "goths" and as much as you try to explain to me what a goth is and how they feel, I think that all it leads up to is that you think you are better then everyone else because you dress and black and can "feel emotions". Why can't you just throw on a Billabong shirt and a pair of Wrangler jeans and go like normal people?