Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is your child a goth?

http://www.mk-magazine.com/news/archives/001567.php

Freakin worst survery I've ever seen. Almost makes me want to become aethiest.

Comments

• Eva-01Eva-01 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Lol, old but still funny
  • Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864

Well usually a parent is only worried about their child being a goth through their teenage years I would assume. And so basically if someone was going through puberty and starting to get interested in sex and was also interested in Van Helsing, that he should be in a medical facility.

• y2skyy2sky Member Posts: 34
    LOL, this was pretty funny.  In case no one noticed, this and any other articles related to St. Mary's Church are complete and total satire.  A similar article featuring WoW was on the boards here not too long ago.  Do a search on the WoW boards if interested... too lazy to find the link myself =P
  • SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

-suicidal and/or depressed.
    -Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.(This is a
    Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love.
    Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health
    center.)
    -Sleeps too excessively or too little.
    -Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
    -Watches cable television or any other corrupted media
    sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may
    watch.)
    -Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
    -Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
    -

guess I'm gothic then...?

lol, that is such bs!

and the one that hurt me most

center.)

that is NOT a satanic ritual--it's a "ritual" to get damn things out of your head, it in NO WAY affects religion! wtf is that!

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

boo hoo cut yourself emo boy.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by metalfoxus

I used to enjoy reading your posts

but lately (and I'm sure there are others who can back me up on this) they've been really...well, not what they used to be. image

• HarasharHarashar Member Posts: 68

Lets think about society today, at one end of the Spectrum we have Goths and Emo's.  And at the other end we have Chavs....MY GOD!

To be honest both are pretty sh*ty options i'm just glad i'm neither image

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Having a ''perfect'' teen that is serious, well educated, polite, doing everything perfectly is usually a LOT worser then having a goth teen.

Goth teen is simply enjoying life and expressing some emotions.  A teen that suppress emotions and behave exactly like his parents want is something you should be quite worry about.  Suppressed emotions are not good.  I dont mean the teen cant be a good teen, but there is a line between been a good teen who happen to do a few mistakes here and there and been a perfect teen that never do anything wrong.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047
    lmao holy $#!+ thats hilarious. speechless truly speechless. 

• burningattaburningatta Member Posts: 194

lol almost all of thoese things but like 5 are totally blown out of proprtion. a lot of people might wear band t-shirts and stuff and still not be gothic. lol thats frikin funny

remember, a very wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

This is so funny... lol.. I cant belive these ppl.

I dont consider my self goth but this is all the stuff that I do in this list

-Frequently wears black clothing.
    -Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
    -Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
    -Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult,
    witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
    -Takes drugs.

-Drinks alcohol.
    -Is suicidal and/or depressed. IM not suicidal but I was once. and about depression everyone gets depresses. and sometimes it can be for a long time.
    center. I have cut and burned my self before. But I never did it as a satanic ritual.Lol crazy ppl

-Complains of boredom.
    -Sleeps too excessively or too little.
    -Is excessively awake during the night.
    -Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.
    -Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to
    evil sprits through meditation.) -Insists on spending time with friends
    while unaccompanied by an adult.
    Ok can these ppl be any more stupid?
    -Eats excessively or too little

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. This has got to be the funniest of all. Goth related foods. lmao dude its just cereal.
    Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
    -Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
    -Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music. I dont make satanic symbols but I do violently shake my head to music.

there are others but I wont put them down...its getting long enough.... Once again pple are stupid and have no clue what they are talking about.

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

Originally posted by Serien

Originally posted by metalfoxus

I used to enjoy reading your posts

but lately (and I'm sure there are others who can back me up on this) they've been really...well, not what they used to be. image

Nope, cutting yourself and being depressed is mostly goth/emo crap.
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

--Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

That's BS. Who ever made it better be glad that the video games are holding me back from hunting them down.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

Originally posted by Anofalye

Having a ''perfect'' teen that is serious, well educated, polite, doing everything perfectly is usually a LOT worser then having a goth teen.

Goth teen is simply enjoying life and expressing some emotions.  A teen that suppress emotions and behave exactly like his parents want is something you should be quite worry about.  Suppressed emotions are not good.  I dont mean the teen cant be a good teen, but there is a line between been a good teen who happen to do a few mistakes here and there and been a perfect teen that never do anything wrong.

Supressing emotions is what you call civility...Without it. There'd be no law or order.

And this may be a false generalization, but any goth based people I've come into contact with, in fact seem to hate life.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

Originally posted by Aldaron

Originally posted by Anofalye

Supressing emotions is what you call civility...Without it. There'd be no law or order.

And this may be a false generalization, but any goth based people I've come into contact with, in fact seem to hate life.

Your generalization is generally true. Goth people aren't "expressing emoations", they just hate life and want to pretend to be "different". Goths enjoying life is kinda the opposite of their philosophy.

On a different note, 20 dollars this topic becomes a "cut myself/goth/mental problems" topic.

• Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

So basically, a kid who is bi, masturbates, is interested in sex, likes Count Dracula cereal, and likes computers; is a goth.

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

"Eats Goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this."

::::03:: lol. Yes, I'm truly frightened by someone who consumes Count Dracula Cereal.

"Expresses an interest in sex."

I guess 99% of teens are Goths then and worship Satan?

"violently shakes head to music."

Ok...

"Is homosexual and/or bisexual."

Ah, yes... The thriving gay gothic community...

"Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: ... Philosophy..."

Guess we should go burn down all of the colleges then... (hang the English teachers!)

I dunno... You sure this is legitimate? Some of these just sound really... lame. ("Claims to be a Goth."?) Apparently I'm a Goth too:

• Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
    • Sleeps too excessively or too little.
    • Demands an unusual amount of privacy. (what does unusual mean anyways?)
    • Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
    • Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
    • Violently shakes head to music.
    • Pursues dangerous cult religions: Philosophy

Anyways...

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

As someone previously said.

It's a satire!

I can't believe some of you people think this is serious...

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

dude who hell doesnt shake they're head to music that awsome. and anyone who sleeps too much is not goth. i mean this whole thing is just some church to agin, think things they're way. just like they all do. and thats what religion is.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

wow actually only 4 of those fit me.

video games and cuts self(used to), but i cant think of any others.

but my motivation for cutting myself was basically to see how tough i was i did it with friends and we made a sort of competition out of it(this was my stupid youth)

well i guess i did drink.

but thats only 3.

a thing they should have added is something like pyromania.

so im not a goth.....

but i guess gamblin cant be allt oo healthy.

they also should have added fighting but all the goths i know cant fight and are total pussys.

god if they added fighting ive actually been stabbed in the back with a knife before, so i would take the cake on that one.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• AlcananAlcanan Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I'm figuring this is a joke or most of the population is goth image Drinks Alchol, wears black, LOL ok I guess there are a few gothic Priests out thier too...especially the irish ones image

Alcanan

"The True North Strong and Free"
    "Faith Manages"

• GideonGideon Member UncommonPosts: 629

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature. OH NO!!!! ::::21::::::21:: im doomed!

i guess pretty much the whole u.s.a would be in mental hospitals. they're gonna have to build more::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::06::::::01::lol

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Bitey

Originally posted by Aldaron

Your generalization is generally true. Goth people aren't "expressing emoations", they just hate life and want to pretend to be "different". Goths enjoying life is kinda the opposite of their philosophy.

On a different note, 20 dollars this topic becomes a "cut myself/goth/mental problems" topic.

We didnt meant the same goths folks!  I myself would never even dress gothlike except for an afternoon or some party, but all goth folks I meet enjoy life a lot.  But that may be because...we dont even live in the same city or community.  Maybe the frenchie part of the local community spoiled our goth kids!  image  Party time!  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

-suicidal and/or depressed.-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.(This is aSatanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love.Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental healthcenter.) -Sleeps too excessively or too little.-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.-Watches cable television or any other corrupted mediasources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child maywatch.) -Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.-
    guess I'm gothic then...?
    lol, that is such bs!
    and the one that hurt me most
    -Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.(This is aSatanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love.Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental healthcenter.)
    that is NOT a satanic ritual--it's a "ritual" to get damn things out of your head, it in NO WAY affects religion! wtf is that!

Murt, bragging about your depression on a videogame website is leading me to believe that you are not depressed.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there