Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    I was about to post this myself. Interesting review and funny to watch Joe lose it, again.
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Started watching, had to pause real quick before I finish and let everyone know so far the first 5:30 minutes of the review is better than the entire destiny game including all the expansions they have planned for the next ten years.
  • BreshaBresha Member Posts: 65

Hahah

That was enjoyable.Im also glad I dodged this money grabbing, less than half baked bullet.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

A little late to the party, isn't he? Usually Joe has bleated out some good ol' confirmation bias almost as soon as the internet gaming herd has made up its collective mind, not long after.

Not that it much matters. If there's one thing Destiny has shown, it's how utterly and completely irrelevant -- for better or ill -- the collective "mind" (an 'lol', if ever there was one) of the internet gaming herd, their high priests, and, indeed, gaming web sites and reviewers in general are to a game's sales -- the only meaningful measure of success or failure -- these days.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Myria

A little late to the party, isn't he? Usually Joe has bleated out some good ol' confirmation bias almost as soon as the internet gaming herd has made up its collective mind, not long after.

Not that it much matters. If there's one thing Destiny has shown, it's how utterly and completely irrelevant -- for better or ill -- the collective "mind" (an 'lol', if ever there was one) of the internet gaming herd, their high priests, and, indeed, gaming web sites and reviewers in general are to a game's sales -- the only meaningful measure of success or failure -- these days.

^this

You've gotta give Pissed Joesph this though: he found a formula, stuck to it, popularized it, and now is riding the fame train. Good for him.

Sadly, that formula panders to the Hive (lack of) Mind, and really doesn't bring anything that interesting to the table, save some Internet face losing his shit on camera, which is funny (I guess).

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Not a big fan of Angry Joe, but I agree with him on this one.

At first, I was ready to give it 6/10 - but I've since had all my fears about it confirmed, and it's more like 5/10 at best.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    im still enjoying Destiny by keeping the grind at a minimum, but i agree with Joe´s review from start to finish. It could have been a really unique experience, but its not.

• Joe likes to make thorough reviews, so he makes sure to play the games he reviews extensively and think things through before he puts something out there.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
     Another AJ review that i feel hit the nail on the head and another example of why I enjoy his opinion. I have played it pretty casually thus far and have enjoyed it to an extent. After beating the very short story and hitting the grind portion, I felt it falls flat on just about every aspect except that the combat does indeed feel fluid. 6 seems a fair score for the state the game is in now although I would have also agreed with the 4 or 5 he would have given it if he wasn't enjoying the PvP portion since have never liked Bungies PvP myself so it wouldn't get those extra bonus points from me. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Lol i love his reviews. He's mostly spot on in them. People shouldn't buy into the hype.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    pretty much confirmed what i suspected about destiny even tho im no angry joe fan or any reviewer to be honest. I'm seriously amused how lately I seen so many quality indie games and nothing but sub par triple A games. don't believe the hype people!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well i don't like the design,truth is it sells.It is similar to Wow ,create a gear grind and you bet ya ,players will do it just for the ego of saying "I have unlocked the BEST weapon".

To me this is too similar to Halo+Wow and i never liked either game.Problem is the first thing i thought of is it looks more like that game that never even made it ....Tabula Rasa but with some Wow grind added to it.

I don't mind xpacs at all but what i have seen in the past is devs make sure you need to buy the xpacs or be left in the dust.That is why games always use levels and higher tier gear to keep you pushing towards each new xpac so they make loads of money.I guess if we are not paying a sub fee they need to make money some how to fund the next wave of content.

Personally i don't like jet packing or players flying through the air or even the new wave of Dbl jumps an idea Unreal started and i never liked it there either,to me it looks cheesy.

The STORY argument is one we will never be able to solve because we all have different ideas on Story telling.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Angry Joe nails another one. Pretty much DEAD ON to what mostly others have been saying about the game. 
  • Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Axxar

Joe likes to make thorough reviews, so he makes sure to play the games he reviews extensively and think things through before he puts something out there.

Not really.  He's reviewed plenty of games with minimal game time logged.  

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Joe likes to make thorough reviews, so he makes sure to play the games he reviews extensively and think things through before he puts something out there.

Ha ha good one , I watched his so called review up to the point where he was actually giving a huge spoiler , the ending! What a complete waste of space he is and you think he played it extensively , oh I love the moon and the orange water on venus , screaming like a very young girl / boy. Also you don't spawn in exactly the same place everytime you find that out by the third mission on the second bloody planet ( the moon ).

So no he doesn't know his own shit when he flushes it even.

Nice try though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Ha ha good one , I watched his so called review up to the point where he was actually giving a huge spoiler , the ending! What a complete waste of space he is and you think he played it extensively , oh I love the moon and the orange water on venus , screaming like a very young girl / boy. Also you don't spawn in exactly the same place everytime you find that out by the third mission on the second bloody planet ( the moon ).

Nice try though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I don't know why I'm even bothering because you're clearly not worth arguing with, but....

1) There is no such thing as a Destiny spoiler. There is nothing to spoil. No story. No depth. Nothing worth knowing. 

2) You must have missed the footage of him and his Angry Army members in high-end Raid content. If that isn't "playing extensively," nothing is. 

3) It's easy to take "spawning in the same place" out of context. You do tend to spawn in a few samey locations, and there really isn't much to explore. You would think that FOUR planets would offer a great expanse of content to see, but there are really only a few locations per planet - and the game has a bad tendency to recycle these.

4) Venus is beautiful. What of it?

Nice try, though.

Cheers,

Aeander.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Aeander

Nice try though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I don't know why I'm even bothering because you're clearly not worth arguing with, but....

1) There is no such thing as a Destiny spoiler. There is nothing to spoil. No story. No depth. Nothing worth knowing. 

2) You must have missed the footage of him and his Angry Army members in high-end Raid content. If that isn't "playing extensively," nothing is. 

3) It's easy to take "spawning in the same place" out of context. You do tend to spawn in a few samey locations, and there really isn't much to explore. You would think that FOUR planets would offer a great expanse of content to see, but there are really only a few locations per planet - and the game has a bad tendency to recycle these.

Nice try, though.

Cheers,

Aeander.

How can you deduce that I am clearly not worth arguing with ? Anyway moving on...

1 . It is the beginning of the story and I should say repeating the ending sequence about 3-4 times is a spoiler.

2. Well due to the fact I said I stopped watching at the "spoiler part of his so called review" I didn't see his "team" play raid content. Did they finish the raid all 8-12 hours of it ?

3. No he re-iterated "in exactly the same place" not as you put it "spawning in the same place" and I do believe there are lots of places to find and explore on each and every one of the four locations. With more on the way on Tuesday and beyond.

4. The way he put it screaming like an idiot. It is a nice place yes but didn't need to be presented in such a childish manner.

Did you enjoy copying part of my post at the end of yours , Mr. Mature ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Nice try though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Nice try, though.

Cheers,

Aeander.

How can you deduce that I am clearly not worth arguing with ? Anyway moving on...

1 . It is the beginning of the story and I should say repeating the ending sequence about 3-4 times is a spoiler.

2. Well due to the fact I said I stopped watching at the "spoiler part of his so called review" I didn't see his "team" play raid content. Did they finish the raid all 8-12 hours of it ?

3. No he re-iterated "in exactly the same place" not as you put it "spawning in the same place" and I do believe there are lots of places to find and explore on each and every one of the four locations. With more on the way on Tuesday and beyond.

4. The way he put it screaming like an idiot. It is a nice place yes but didn't need to be presented in such a childish manner.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

TBH, I stopped listening to the review after the first 2 minutes or so because his focus seemed to be on a few things that really encompass what the core concepts of the game are:

1) As you mentioned, it's an episodic game. Sorry the game didn't "End" in a typical fashion. However, it's not like there wasn't a conclusion. There was. It was quite clear what the threat was and you stopped that threat. 

2) He complains about the expansion pass. We knew this was going to be a persistent universe, right? So persistent, so, that people were referring to it as an MMO? So did we expect that there wouldn't be expansions? What's the difference between the "Expansion Pass" and the "Season Pass" apart from the amount of content. I'm going out on a limb and I'm going to assume that the amount of content in the Destiny expansions will contain more content than your typical FPS Season pass, despite being priced similarly. That's only because a season pass generally only includes multiplayer maps,"yay", and the Destiny expansion will contain actual content. 

3) He's complaining about RNG loot like it's something new in games. Is it annoying? Yes. Let's face facts, though, loot grind is present in every single MMO on the market today (whether you consider Destiny an MMO or not). You tell me about a single MMO where you run through a dungeon and are guaranteed to get a best in slot item every single run, and I'll show you the worst-designed MMO in history. At least in Destiny you can choose how you grind. You can grind for engrams *yawn*, you can grind for Strange Coins that you can trade for best in slot gear, or you can grind for Legendary items by levelling up your faction rep through PvE or PvP content. It's actually pretty varied comparably. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

So AJ becomes yet another reviewer who is enjoying Destiny - mostly in the PvP as he says despite all the one shot kills etc.- who the slams the game because they didn't wait 10 years to finish all the story and have the audacity to want people to pay for further content - I think he fluffed the cost of the DLC to make it seem more expensive than it is.

As he likes the PvP already I wonder what he will think in October when, as far as we know, open PvP launches with leaderboards and so forth.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Over 30 mins of AJ grinding my ears with his repetitive drivel, no thanks
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Nice try though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Nice try, though.

Cheers,

Aeander.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

At several points on the video you can clearly see his character at light level 25+. I am not sure if he tried the raid or not but several shots are from strikes, and heroic ones if the loot is any indicator.

Reaching level 25+ is plenty of time to review this game.  Agree with him or not he did in fact play the game, probably 2x as long as any other reviewer out there.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    One thing I think Bungie really missed the mark on is the open mission areas. They needed to be much bigger , allow for many more players , tons more enemies and bosses..ect. All they created was essentially a hub based shooter with pvp and strikes. The open mission areas IMO in their current state could be removed and no one would notice or care.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Well this time he didn't and just jumped on the hype wagon to bash Destiny, copying others, instead of doing Research on his own.

I usually like "most" of his reviews, but he makes a bit of a fool of himself with this one, to spread the exact same misinformation others have been spreading. Like the whole journalistic debacle around the $500 million development cost!

This has been debunked so many times now and yet he just copies and spread this misinformation further. /shrug

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Axxar Joe likes to make thorough reviews, so he makes sure to play the games he reviews extensively and think things through before he puts something out there.
     Well this time he didn't and just jumped on the hype wagon to bash Destiny, copying others, instead of doing Research on his own. I usually like "most" of his reviews, but he makes a bit of a fool of himself with this one, to spread the exact same misinformation others have been spreading. Like the whole journalistic debacle around the $500 million development cost! This has been debunked so many times now and yet he just copies and spread this misinformation further. /shrug

If you watch the review, you can see that he is commenting on his own gameplay experience. I am not sure how you 'debunk' that, or how this is misinformation (you can see it in the video clips). As for the $500M cost... well that is Activision's marketing, not his. If you dont like it, talk to the people that promoted it.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by SlyLoK
    One thing I think Bungie really missed the mark on is the open mission areas. They needed to be much bigger , allow for many more players , tons more enemies and bosses..ect. All they created was essentially a hub based shooter with pvp and strikes. The open mission areas IMO in their current state could be removed and no one would notice or care.

The maps are huge! But I am tired to go into this again.  I mean have you been to Mars for example? That map is friggin' huge!

I have been patrolling my arse of in Old Russia for many days (because I love the map) and I still discover new areas I haven't been before!

The Story and side missions only show you a very small specific part of the map. The rest you have to explore and discover on your own in Patrol mode. /shrug