Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Are you still playing Elder Scrolls Online?

ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
Almost six months since release its time to ask how many of you still play Elder Scrolls Online.
Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.

Comments

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Honestly its the only mmorpg on the market besides WoW where I haven't almost immediately or shortly thereafter regretted my purchase, its a quality title.  Ive played most of the popular/Overhyped mmo's for the past 10 years, ESO is a keeper.
  • TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I never purchased it. I played beta and was bored of it. I would try it again if it goes F2P or deeply discounted. Although I never check for discounts on it so I would probably miss it.
  • CirventhorCirventhor Member Posts: 13

Yes, I've been playing since release with a short break in may.

The game has it's issues, but I enjoy it for what it is, especially the setting.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

I played for about two weeks at launch but decided to stop because the more I played it, the more I felt like playing one of the older actual Elder Scrolls games instead.  Ever since Morrowind I have always had in game a house because I always murder the owner and take the house for my own.  That always led to the Dark Brotherhood.  Plus I steal everything in game so I always end up doing the Thieves' Guild quests.  I can't do any of that in ESO.  All I can do in ESO is what I can do in just about any other themepark. 

I know a lot of fans feel that they can play their class any way they want.   It's sort of true, however there are still class restrictions that you really didn't have in the other games.  Some people are happy enough when they open a map and it's labeled "Tamriel".  Others think that since you can read books in game that shares the same lore as the IP that it makes it an ES game.  That's fine I guess however I need more than that.  The devs have said they plan on adding the stuff, at least most of, what I feel is lacking which is great.  I wish they had that stuff in at launch and I bet the devs do to now.  When they do I will probably try again.

TLDR: We need a "might come back" choice on the poll image

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    After a pause I'll start again. It's a good game until VR garbage.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Yeah still playing.

We had a guildy return lastnight. He asked is asked if so and so was still playing. Yep he still plays. What about this person? Yep still plays. He asked about 3 more people, all still playing. Someone finally said "It was just you bro."

ESO has some really good stuff going for it. That being said, as I've always said timing has played a big part in ESO success. No big games on the horizon and ESO looks a lot better than the older. What I mean by that is if there was a sandbox that had a combat system, skill system and looked as good as ESO, I'd be gone. There isn't though and non on the radar for 2015.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    I take turns with SWTOR and ESO. Looks like they will both keep me for a good amount of time.
  • HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136

I stopped playing because I finished all my crafting goals, got tired of the never-ending questing, and do not enjoy Cyrodiil.  I love PvP and usually spend a lot of time doing it in the games I play, but Cyrodiil is NOT fun.

I did like the look of the game and enjoyed the combat and the skill lines/character building.  I'll go back to it when there's other stuff to do, like just about any new form of PvP (they don't even have dueling) or meaningful housing.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yes.  Still having a lot of fun with it.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'm still playing, but very casually.  Just not enough hours in the day.  Really looking forward to the justice system and more "elder scrollsy" stuff.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    You have a poll choice of never bought it. That is my choice.
    Chamber of Chains
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'm still playing. I have many hobbies so I play pretty casual. Instead of a game being taken into a direction I dislike, I have a game being taken into a direction I like.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    I'm still playing, but very casually.  Just not enough hours in the day.  Really looking forward to the justice system and more "elder scrollsy" stuff.

This is me as well.

I'm still playing but I also have a lot of other stuff going on so can't devote hours per night.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

what he said. I just don't have enough hours in the day to play more than an hour or so..sometimes more..with work, gym, tennis, social life...along with playing The Last of Us and Diablo on PS4 (first time trying either game)..there just isn't enough time. I will say though that its the only MMO that has kept me for more than 6 months since WOW which I stopped playing 8+ years ago. I did play LOTRO for about 6 months and came back once or twice. SWTOR I played for about 4 or so months. GW2 about 3-4. Its the Elder Scrollsy stuff still on the way that I'm looking forward to. Its the little things, like the dye system, that make a big difference.

There Is Always Hope!

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Entris38
    I take turns with SWTOR and ESO. Looks like they will both keep me for a good amount of time.

Funny, I was playing that exact same combo a month ago.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Never heard of it
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    I can't help but feel that the "no" votes are false...at least a good percentage. Same disgruntled ppl that never played it anyway. Same could be said about the "yes" votes...but something seems fishy about how many voted no

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

if rVr IS GOOD, I WOULD PLAY IT JUST FOR THAT. I HAVEN T PLAYED IN IN AWHILE SO, HOW IS IT NOW? Ugh caps

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Bought game, played for about two weeks and quit. Not my style - hated combat and quests were meh. Back full time to SWTOR. So voted No. Maybe will check it out later, but if combat won't change I don't see reason why.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Nope, it wasn't that great.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Yep, still subscribed, although not sure for how much longer. I juggle multiple hobbies during my limited free time, as well as multiple videogames within this particular hobby (currently going back and forth between ESO, Destiny, Madden 15 and Guacamelee), so I usually tend to play my MMOs pretty casually...maybe an hour or two at a time, a few times a week. ESO is perfect for the solo-questing, chatting with family/friends type of player, and the patches have actually done quite a bit to make the gameplay much smoother and more satisfying than it was a few months ago. The upcoming content they've discussed will go even further in making this feel like a true online Elder Scrolls game.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

cant justify the sub when Skyrim still beats it in terms of fun factor and content that i like (with mods).

I will most likely resub when i look at Skyrim and think ESO is so much better. Six months after launch and that has not happened to me.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I will check it out after the re-vamp of the veteran ranks.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Voted yes, but I just resubbed a couple of weeks ago, played just under the first month when the game was released. Feels like I'm staying for a while now since there's nothing else to play, and, I dont know, somehow it feels a bit more fun this time too. I'm actually reading many of the lore books and stuff like that, taking my time and just passing time in the game, different class too and faction.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by bcbully

ESO has some really good stuff going for it. That being said, as I've always said timing has played a big part in ESO success. No big games on the horizon and ESO looks a lot better than the older. What I mean by that is if there was a sandbox that had a combat system, skill system and looked as good as ESO, I'd be gone. There isn't though and non on the radar for 2015.

That's what you said about Wushu yet you left it for ESO?  Come on man.  Seriously?  Even I think Wushu is a more complete and more thought out game than ESO and you of all people know that's saying a lot. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor