Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greedy trion will lose alot players..

CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

The alpha and beta founders packs were a smokescreen..

Smokescreen= moneyrgab.

You were not testing anything.. well maybe the servers and login servers but this could also be done in open beta..

Trion has No power to actually make patches and/ or update the game AA. XLgames has all the power and the patches till 1.7 patch are already tested by the koreans.

So everyone is being fooled by marketing

Second:

AA is a sub game.. its nearly impossible to enjoy the game while f2p.. which is fine.. but if you buy patron status(sub) i would expect to enjoy the game at his fullest. but this not the case..

The cashshop is selling you laborpoints with a 4 hour CC.. and not only that they are selling crafting materials aswell in that cashshop which makes it p2w

@ some point the community manager of trion said..

THE CASHSHOP WILL ONLY SELL COSMETIC STUFF. which is simply not the case

If i already pay for a sub in mmorpg.. i dont accept the fact that you need pay for even more if you run out of labor points..

This is a whole new level greedy companies trying to milk more money out of players.. which will prolly backfire right @ them due to alot players leaving the game after 3 months

Trion has lost face with me thats for sure..i enjoy the game tho

Comments

• sadsad33234sadsad33234 Member Posts: 2
    totally agree with you. 
  • An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Copperfield

Smokescreen= moneyrgab.

You were not testing anything.. well maybe the servers and login servers but this could also be done in open beta..

Somebody actually buys into beta to test? I mean if you get a free invite i guess; but really?

Trion has No power to actually make patches and/ or update the game AA. XLgames has all the power and the patches till 1.7 patch are already tested by the koreans.

Yes they seem to not have enough power which is worrying.

Second:

AA is a sub game.. its nearly impossible to enjoy the game while f2p.. which is fine.. but if you buy patron status(sub) i would expect to enjoy the game at his fullest. but this not the case..

False, you can enjoy the game to it's fullest with patron. If by fullest you mean having infinite labor then that's a broken game you have there mate.

The cashshop is selling you laborpoints with a 4 hour CC.. and not only that they are selling crafting materials aswell in that cashshop which makes it p2w

The CD change was probably made by XL and i do think it's bad. The archeum boxes are a joke and can't really be considered p2w.

They never said that. Proof?

If i already pay for a sub in mmorpg.. i dont accept the fact that you need pay for even more if you run out of labor points..

Not everything in the game requires LPs..there are ways to play and let them regen.

This is a whole new level greedy companies trying to milk more money out of players.. which will prolly backfire right @ them due to alot players leaving the game after 3 months

I'm not sure anymore that it's Trion that is pushing these changes. Read the first part of your post, how much power do they truly have? 

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Smokescreen= moneyrgab.

good job Sherlock!

It's called marketing. The thing that helps companies survive...

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by sadsad33234
    totally agree with you. 

Me too !

Its not the game, its Trion !

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

They don't care! They made a shitload of Money on the $150 founder packs and could care less these people are now angry and leave. They already got their Money.

All they care about, just like what they did with Defiance, is new F2P players coming in and spend money in the cash shop.

The patron status is just a smokescreen.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by JeroKane

They don't care! They made a shitload of Money on the $150 founder packs and could care less these people are now angry and leave. They already got their Money.

All they care about, just like what they did with Defiance, is new F2P players coming in and spend money in the cash shop.

I'll be one of those F2P players. No fancy expensive packs for me this time around, my friends can hype the game as much as they want, until I'm sure I like it enough to spend anything I'll be F2Ping it up.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279

Trion have only published this game and have to do whatever they are told by XL games as it belongs to them.

So although it may have the Trion name attached to it I wonder how much the can change/implement without the nod form XL games.

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205

Smokescreen= moneyrgab.

Second:

Well if you're not happy with how it is, there is also another option to not play. You surely cannot expect to play without spending any money? How naive a person can get (If you do expect a game to be completely f2p), they have costs to pay, not to mention licensing. I definitely will keep playing this game until it shuts down, why? because its one of the mmorpg out there with strong element of sandbox. Heck, I say if people want to leave, then leave. So far Open Beta have been over populated like crazy (even though it didn't reach the limit of the server still the starting area is mentally ill). I expect my self to spend money for boosts mainly. I agree however with the labour point that you mentioned and also without being a patron you can experience the best of out of the game, just slightly less disadvantaged and unable to own property (Seems fair to me, if not make it buy to play = 60$ a box + 15$/month).

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I'll be one of those F2P players. No fancy expensive packs for me this time around, my friends can hype the game as much as they want, until I'm sure I like it enough to spend anything I'll be F2Ping it up.

Amen brother! This guy is smart, people needs to start following his way of thinking.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

- Alpha founder players didnt pay to test, they pay for a bunch of goodies and had acess to a full working game called "Alpha". For what i have be reading around most were having fun, alpha was allways packed untill "end".

- I dont like the CS, never like it, but i still dont see it as a game break for me, i only care in-game features and how they are implemented. I had alot of fun in RU with half of LP regen, im sure i will have fun here too with the double LP.

- And no, im not a founder, i will start playing in 16th spending 13euros (or whatver the patron will cost), im  not interested in any CS goodies. I hope i can buy bag space from AH (hated this change).

So no, i dont tottaly agree with you.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by MyownGod

Amen brother! This guy is smart, people needs to start following his way of thinking.

Ofc it is, its one of the positive business model of AA, ppl can play by free all the time they want befor decide to spend money or not. Its as been my main advice this last months. I did that in RU, 2 weeks as F2P befor decide going premium.

Its really simple.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Smokescreen= moneyrgab.

You (and some of the posters in this thread) must be new to Korean MMORPGs. One of the most common methods Korean companies in the past have made their cash shops more intrusive was by

I. Removing items A B C and placing them under loot boxes and even premium loot boxes

II. Lowering the drop rate drastically of item X Y Z and placing them in said boxes from above

III. Once an Asian (Korean, Chinese, Japanese) cash shop is introduced you are done. I don't care what the President™ of any Western publisher might say. History has shown us that 100% of the times it becomes a slippery slope. More and more items will be introduced into the cash shop. As time goes by and if population does not stabilize and decreases, then you have a very good chance of having P2W items make their way into the cash shop to lure people into buying the strongest items in the game or items to aid them tremendously to obtain said items.

Of course this has all been marketing; it always is when it comes to Asian games being ported to the West. Yes you are testing some key features "surrounding" the game itself like login servers... but usually it doesn't go beyond that.

XL Games already received feedback that westerners do not want the system that was/is in place in South Korea and Russia, but that doesn't mean that they are simply going to raise the white flag and tell us "We Give Up.." They will make changes (different from previous clients) to make it "almost" seem like you need the cash shop regardless of whether you are going the F2P or P2P route. Guess who makes all that coding? XLGames.

Look at the past 10 years and name me one successful Korean MMO here in the west that is currently P2P. You won't find any. One of the main reasons people get tired of Korean games is because of the way most of them are handled, especially after the first year after launch. I don't want to insult anyone... but it almost seems like I should put up a sign that says "Welcome to 2009."

Everything you stated is common knowledge and common practice from Asian companies since 5+ years ago. TRION has very little power since the changes/coding/client comes directly from XLGames. The best TRION can do is pass on any suggestions or complaints that arises in their forums.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Well they managed to turn Rift into hardcore grind fest game, unless you bought bunch and bunch of stuff of marketplace, so Im not little bit surprised same will happen for archeage or that they dont wish to change that in the first place.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Smikis
    Well they managed to turn Rift into hardcore grind fest game, unless you bought bunch and bunch of stuff of marketplace, so Im not little bit surprised same will happen for archeage or that they dont wish to change that in the first place.

Whats is this hardcore grind fest? I spend 20 hr a week on rift still don't see this grind fest your talking about and I been playing for a long time. But  seeing many people that are lazy don't want to spend the time in the game to work for something.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

lol this is not being smart...... It's , it's common sense or not being stupid even, being responsible, not throwing money at things you don't even know, etc.........

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by zaberfangx
    Originally posted by Smikis

Whats is this hardcore grind fest? I spend 20 hr a week on rift still don't see this grind fest your talking about and I been playing for a long time. But  seeing many people that are lazy don't want to spend the time in the game to work for something.

Correct, everything is actually too fast in Rift, in my opinion, though I have no understanding of high end raiding because I don't do that.

I have no issue with any of the systems that go along with Archeage. I don't expect the game to be entirely free, apparently some do. Actually I am sure many will get alot of enjoyment out of AA with never spending a dime. I don't even foresee myself playing it for long. Alpha was fun, but it's not keeping my attention. Having a rough time with feeling like I'm part of the world, party of a community yes.

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189

So.

150$

after 90 days

15$

then in the mix of all that

20,50 or 100+ ?

Did you all actually get anything changed ? 

Thanks but I'll stick to my games that costed 60$, had lot's of content, more on the way. And the best part, It's all ready paid for !

Good luck with all that though. 

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

If people have to follow someone to think logically for them, then our world has already ended.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Jabas

- Alpha founder players didnt pay to test, they pay for a bunch of goodies and had acess to a full working game called "Alpha". For what i have be reading around most were having fun, alpha was allways packed untill "end".

- I dont like the CS, never like it, but i still dont see it as a game break for me, i only care in-game features and how they are implemented. I had alot of fun in RU with half of LP regen, im sure i will have fun here too with the double LP.

- And no, im not a founder, i will start playing in 16th spending 13euros (or whatver the patron will cost), im  not interested in any CS goodies. I hope i can buy bag space from AH (hated this change).

So no, i dont tottaly agree with you.

^This

Also, I am having a whole lot of fun right now in the open beta and I have not spent a dime. So Maybe my computer is magic...  

A magic computer, that is cool ;)

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by oboc

So.

150$

after 90 days

15$

20,50 or 100+ ?

Thanks but I'll stick to my games that costed 60$, had lot's of content, more on the way. And the best part, It's all ready paid for !

Have fun in your dying wild star that within one of the shortest period of times for MMOs it already had dead servers and plans already made to merge em.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by jesteralways

If people have to follow someone to think logically for them, then our world has already ended.

We're already there.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by furbans

So.

150$

after 90 days

15$

20,50 or 100+ ?

Have fun in your dying wild star that within one of the shortest period of times for MMOs it already had dead servers and plans already made to merge em.

Whoa, whoa... as much as I don't like the game, Wildstar is not dying. It's struggling though, but there is always the B2P option with a cosmetic CS, or several other alternatives... I don't know, dying is too much of an exaggeration to me.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

So is anyone who has Patron status belly aching over labor points? Or is it just the free players who are angry because they get to participate while games like Wildstar and ESO have gated them out?  I honestly don't get it, as someone who tried to play SWOTR before uninstalling because of the relentless annoying up-selling I don't see what the beef is. 

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

I think the rage du jour is the archeum drop rates not being adjusted appropriately and now there just happens to "coincidentally" (according to Scapes) be a cash shop lockbox that always rewards archeum.

As it stands now, if as a new player you want to do low level crafting and you happen to sell all your quest rewards instead of breaking them down with evenstones, the odds you'll be able to make a piece of lvl 18 gear by the time your lvl 30 are actually pretty slim.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Ghabbo
    Originally posted by furbans

So.

150$

after 90 days

15$

20,50 or 100+ ?

Whoa, whoa... as much as I don't like the game, Wildstar is not dying. It's struggling though, but there is always the B2P option with a cosmetic CS, or several other alternatives... I don't know, dying is too much of an exaggeration to me.

This is NCSoft. They've put MMOs to bed for less. 

Back on topic:  It's a Korean MMO.  People should have expected this, terrible as it is.