Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't know what games to play :(

JoshoowaJoshoowa Member UncommonPosts: 12

I'm so picky when it comes to games that I basically spend most of my day playing 10 minutes of any game I can find then never touching it again. This has led to me being very very very bored, so I was hoping somone could suggest games they think I might like.

(For MMORPG's )Basically, I like games where the objective is soley to get stronger than everyone else playing, and where there isn't so much a story as there are quests you can do for a little extra money on the side. Lvl's are gained mostly by grinding, and then there are dungeons with bosses at the end for the daring. Combat is more player included, none of that click here, auto attack, use skill if neccesary B.S. I want something where I have to attack, dodge, block, skill, blah blah blah, all on my own. Also, a game that can be played solo, or with a party, not forced onto one or the other.

(For FPS's) soley tournament free for alls, imagine Planetside 2, just with less people per map, amd everyone against everyone else. No annoying jet packs or vehicles. Instead of choosing classes, you just buy weapons and create your own unique class.

Do you guys know of any games that match either or both descriptions? I honeslty don't even know.

Thanks.

Comments

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

Tera is free to play, you can grind your way to the top levels and it requires active blocking, dodging and use of abilities. There is progression as in most MMOs in terms of power and items. There is a story but you can ignore it completely if you want. Grinding BAMS and mobs can be just as effective as quest in terms of progression. You can solo it for the most part, it may take you longer though but if you so choose there are also dungeons raids and so on. Infact Tera seems like a perfect fit for you.

As for FPS games... Despite all of it's flaws on launch Battlfield 4 is a good FPS and smaller on scale than PlanetSide.  There is some progression but not like MMOs. There is lot's of vechile combat though. If you don't want a run and gun shooter and want something more realistic (also alot harder) than Arma 3 is excellent although multiplayer in my experience is often very organised and can be hard to just pick up unlike battlefield.

Hope this helps.

• JoshoowaJoshoowa Member UncommonPosts: 12

I'm currently downloading Tera to give it a shot (having a few launch problems)

As for BF4, I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for. Basically, have you ever seen GGO? (Gun Gale Online, a new series in the Sword Art Online anime)

If you have you'll know what I'm talking about when I say I want a game that's basically like the BoB tournament.

If you haven't seen it I'll try to explain.

It starts off with a 1v1, just like any normal tournament, and then goes to a 4v4 brawl to see a winner (more or less.)

I want something kinda like that, where you can choose between 1v1 or more and have different weapons and all that.

BF4 just has too many people per room for me to enjoy, I like it when theres a max of 5 people on a large map, all trying to find each other and at the same time not be found by someone else, no respawns.

IDK if any of this makes sense tbh, I just hope someone gets it XD

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Try out Age of Conan.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    WoW... it's the game that killed everything.  Don't believe me, there's a thread on this very site about it!  If it's now WoW, it's dead.
  • Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133

I think what you are looking for is not an mmorpg, but rather a MOBA.

Though there are no instances and bosses, it fits the bill of the fewer players.

Im playing SMITE. Unlike most in the genre it's a TPS  you actively have to dodge skills anf time your own right, so you have to aim.

You gain money as the match progress which you can spend on items to improve your character. Though you start from scratch before every match.

There is 1v1, 3v3, and 4v4, 5v5

You should give it a try, you might get to like it.

At the other hand, i do think Tera is extremely boring after a while. Once you learn the sequence of the mobs the mobs become easy prey, and the pvp there is just dumb. Had a max lvl Zerk back in the days, though i played it for 3 weeks only, since i got bored.

Originally posted by Pepeq
    WoW... it's the game that killed everything.  Don't believe me, there's a thread on this very site about it!  If it's now WoW, it's dead.

I've played WoW and was surprised to find it bored the heck out of me.

Originally posted by Drunk-fu

Though there are no instances and bosses, it fits the bill of the fewer players.

Im playing SMITE. Unlike most in the genre it's a TPS  you actively have to dodge skills anf time your own right, so you have to aim.

You gain money as the match progress which you can spend on items to improve your character. Though you start from scratch before every match.

At the other hand, i do think Tera is extremely boring after a while. Once you learn the sequence of the mobs the mobs become easy prey, and the pvp there is just dumb. Had a max lvl Zerk back in the days, though i played it for 3 weeks only, since i got bored.

The fewer players was more for the FPS thing than the mmo, but I have been meaning to look at SMITE regardless.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

sometimes i feel the same way as you OP. Want to play a shooter but nothjing out there rocks my boat. Want to play an mmorpg but dont want to touch whats out there. Want to play an RPG but dont want to play the good classic RPGs.

When i feel that way i just do something else. You should do the same. Avoid getting burned out of gaming. The desire to play certain genres  will come back if you dont force it. Taking breaks doesnt make you any less of a gamer, actually thats the normal thing to do when you feel pressured.

• Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by Joshoowa
    Originally posted by Drunk-fu

The fewer players was more for the FPS thing than the mmo, but I have been meaning to look at SMITE regardless.

Go ahead, it's fun, and a match takes no longer than 15-30 mins depending on your group or in case of 1v1, you and your opponent. Now that i gone through your post again, you might as well try vindictus, as a player that loves action combat, i can vouch for it's combat system. Though the maps can get boring real quick as they all look the same.

For example a lvl 10 boss might be in the same instance as the lvl 50, the only difference is the route you take.

Also worth a try if you don't mind this.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Survarium (Check out some gameplay videos) Currently in closed beta (but you can join a raffle/lottery for a lucky draw/pass every 10-minutes somebody new gets in.

Lots of fun ;)

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Try to go outside !!!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Metro Redux
    Originally posted by fardreamer
    read a book.

50 Shades of Grey

Originally posted by Xer0id

Survarium (Check out some gameplay videos) Currently in closed beta (but you can join a raffle/lottery for a lucky draw/pass every 10-minutes somebody new gets in.

Lots of fun ;)

I can't find this raffle thing

• LaraiLarai Member UncommonPosts: 8

I've been playing Dark Souls 2 again recently. If you haven't tried that I'd give it a go.

It is a single player RPG with a multiplayer part with both co-operative and PvP aspects.

As you play through the game you can summon other players for assistance or duels, but you may also be invaded by players out to kill you. You can summon up to two other players to help and a third may assist you under certain other circumstances if you get invaded. Depending on where you are and what you do controls how many people can invade you at one time. At most it could be four other players. But these other players aren't exactly on each others side, so it can be interesting how it plays out.

It can be played offline to prevent other players from bothering you too.

Combat is all on the player. The only assist is a target lock-on really.

The classes only dictate your starting equipment and stats. Most weapons are viable with upgrades. Your stats are raised one point at a time per level to a max level of 838 (99 in each of the 9 stats)

Try it out.

Originally posted by Joshoowa
    Originally posted by Xer0id

Lots of fun ;)

I can't find this raffle thing

https://forum.survarium.com/en/lottery.php?list=1

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by fardreamer
    read a book.

Ha.  I knew what video that was before I put the URL in my address bar but I had to check to make sure.