Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta starts Sep 4th!!

2»

Comments

• Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by An4thor
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

If you really do want the land and not pay extra money... just join a server started after the head start(normal release).. or do you believe that their will no new server up at release day? Let the headstart ppl their own server.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking of doing.  It's not so much the extra money as it is I actually want some land and I don't want to deal with hardcore crazy zerg guilds, both of which could be potential issues on the headstart servers.

But the other guy mentioned there is no absolute word they will open more servers on regular launch day.  I'll continue to look into it and see if that remains true.

During CBT 4 in Europe 2 servers out of 4 had queues while the other two where on high. I suppose they will add at least 2 more servers, either for headstart or release.

Around 400k players jumped into the headstart of aion (NA/EU) back then, with 15 servers just in EU, there were times you had 10 hour queue.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Ill be playing from the 4th!!!! Let the land rush begin!!!!! I need a plan. Perhaps i need to find a guild before the official launch and get organized.

Anything you do in OPEN BETA gets wiped before HEADSTART, just in case you didnt know.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by alakram
    Ill be playing from the 4th!!!! Let the land rush begin!!!!! I need a plan. Perhaps i need to find a guild before the official launch and get organized.

Anything you do in OPEN BETA gets wiped before HEADSTART, just in case you didnt know.

Yeah, this isn't like Neverwinter and other PWE games where they call it "open beta" while it's actually live for all intents and purposes.  They'll be nuking all those characters before the headstart.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• christwoodchristwood Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Sorry if this sounds foolish, but I can't seem to figure out how to download the client for the open beta. It is open for everyone, no?

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by alakram

Yeah, this isn't like Neverwinter and other PWE games where they call it "open beta" while it's actually live for all intents and purposes.  They'll be nuking all those characters before the headstart.

Of course i know it gets wiped. Look at my post history to see if i haven't been following AA for years now. doesn't mean i cant get a plan together for the launch land rush that will take place. Hence the "i need a plan" and "I need to find a guild before the official launch" comments. Reading comprehension is not one of your greater skills it seems.