Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Pax ArcheAge announcement is just a 2 hours away - Edit - launch date revealed!

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,541Member Uncommon

Another tease via AA twitter page - at least it confirms that it will be an AA announcement.

https://twitter.com/ArcheAge/status/505421258461155328/photo/1

So yes - Release dates and Open beta dates are gonna drop tonight!

*UPDATE***

Woot!

Comments

• CelestianCelestian DFW, TXPosts: 1,151Member Uncommon

Originally posted by DMKano
    Another tease via AA twitter page - at least it confirms that it will be an AA announcement.https://twitter.com/ArcheAge/status/505421258461155328/photo/1 So yes - Release dates and Open beta dates are gonna drop tonight! 

Not sure where in that tweet you saw they were announcing both release date and open beta dates. Infact it said nothing of the kind.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Posts: 786Member Uncommon
    Yeah, obviously the big announcement is that they are getting the labor system removed....*sarcasm*
  • jmlane223jmlane223 great mills, MDPosts: 106Member
    Originally posted by Celestian

Another tease via AA twitter page - at least it confirms that it will be an AA announcement.

Not sure where in that tweet you saw they were announcing both release date and open beta dates. Infact it said nothing of the kind.

Read between the lines, its an excited assumption (also realistically little else they could announce other than those two things)

• evilizedevilized columbus, OHPosts: 564Member Uncommon

where's the proof? let's not spread hype because it could be nothing special.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,541Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by evilized

The proof is coming when they make the announcement :P

Seriously what else could it be? 

Originally posted by Celestian

Inference 

• evilizedevilized columbus, OHPosts: 564Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by evilized

The proof is coming when they make the announcement :P

Seriously what else could it be? 

well it could be any number of things, i mean what if they screw it up? trion's ability to announce release dates accurately is completely unproven. this is all just theory right now... sure it looks good on paper but i will believe it when i see it.

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Ponta DelgadaPosts: 109Member Uncommon

Nice! Can´t wait to play some more ArcheAge and finally have some news about release.

I'm having a blast with the game, so much that I have kind of a bad taste in my mouth when I return to my usual MMO...

• knapuknapu GifhornPosts: 131Member

what ? Its obvious that the big anouncement will be Trove founders packs for 149 $ with those ull be able to get into alpha 

!!! 

Guys cmon that one so so easy .. :)

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• PulsarManPulsarMan Tampa, FLPosts: 289Member

Oh I'm spread'n the hype! 

My dreamy eyed wishful thinking is that we're going to have OB in the next few weeks. 

I'm setting myself up for disappointment! 

• renstarensta Bat-YamPosts: 275Member Uncommon
    They didnt say anything yet.ughhh!!!!!

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,778Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    Yeah, obviously the big announcement is that they are getting the labor system removed....*sarcasm*

thats more exciting news than release date.

• CelestianCelestian DFW, TXPosts: 1,151Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Celestian   Originally posted by DMKano Another tease via AA twitter page - at least it confirms that it will be an AA announcement.   https://twitter.com/ArcheAge/status/505421258461155328/photo/1   So yes - Release dates and Open beta dates are gonna drop tonight!  
    Inference 

If we're making stuff up how about "Trion purchases XLGames in a stunning surprise and to the joy of the Western audience whom have grown tired of "we're talking to them about it"".

That's just as valid. As it just announcing open beta and no word on release.

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

That would be the worst thing ever - without labor system - ArcheAge's economy would be dead in ruins in 2 weeks flat.

• HellidolHellidol TACOMA, WAPosts: 405Member Uncommon

That would be the worst thing ever - without labor system - ArcheAge's economy would be dead in ruins in 2 weeks flat.

how so?

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Brownwood, TXPosts: 177Member Uncommon

Well, call me a cynic (because I am and I openly admit it) but the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT might very well be that they are still selling Founders packs and every one is encouraged to buy one and get in on the fun.

Seriously, every closed beta weekend I never receive an invite from Trion but I ALWAYS get an email reminding me to purchase the founders pack so I can start enjoying the game....

1. You have the right to shut the hell up.
    2. You have the right to a opinion just as soon as I tell you what it is.
    3. You have the right to die quietly or kicking and screaming. It doesn't really make a difference because you're dead either way.

Originally posted by Hellidol

how so?

bots + unlimited crafting rate = fail

Labor system = valve that controls crafting rate and economy

Originally posted by Nyghthowler

Well, call me a cynic (because I am and I openly admit it) but the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT might very well be that they are still selling Founders packs and every one is encouraged to buy one and get in on the fun.

Seriously, every closed beta weekend I never receive an invite from Trion but I ALWAYS get an email reminding me to purchase the founders pack so I can start enjoying the game....

This very site had 30,000 beta keys for last beta... and you'll get your chance for open beta which is coming probably next week.

• maybebakedmaybebaked brantford, ONPosts: 252Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by knapu

what ? Its obvious that the big anouncement will be Trove founders packs for 149 $ with those ull be able to get into alpha 

!!! 

Guys cmon that one so so easy .. :)

I got in for $5!

This very site had 30,000 beta keys for last beta... and you'll get your chance for open beta which is coming probably next week.

DM, I know Beta keys were available from various sites. My point was they are still trying to sell the founders packs this close to the supposed release of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game and will be a subscriber to it. But it wouldn't surprise me if they just hype the purchase of founders packs as the big news.

Just sayin

3. You have the right to die quietly or kicking and screaming. It doesn't really make a difference because you're dead either way.

• KujuKuju Grove City, OHPosts: 50Member
    The labor point system is actually a very good idea IMHO. However, the cost/gains are something that Trion and XL need to remain open to possible tweaks, because I'm not sure they are where they need to be yet; example being it costing labor points to identify quest gear which I believe Trion has already commented on. I think there are things of that nature which only slow down the player for no reason or benefit to the community. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,590Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by NoxiousBass

Nice! Can´t wait to play some more ArcheAge and finally have some news about release.

I'm having a blast with the game, so much that I have kind of a bad taste in my mouth when I return to my usual MMO...

Now, where have I seen this before?

Oh yes!

"The GW2 Effect"

I've seen that statement posted for just about every anticipated MMO to launch for years here.

The feeling will pass, I'm sure.

Anyone still doubting that it's NOT release dates and open beta dates?

Originally posted by Kuju
    The labor point system is actually a very good idea IMHO. However, the cost/gains are something that Trion and XL need to remain open to possible tweaks, because I'm not sure they are where they need to be yet; example being it costing labor points to identify quest gear which I believe Trion has already commented on. I think there are things of that nature which only slow down the player for no reason or benefit to the community. 

I agree with the labor point system for crafting. It will help keep the gold sellers from destroying the economy ... hopefully.

I disagree with it being used for opening quest rewards.

While it is annoying for loot bags, it keeps gold sellers from grinding mobs to sell coin.

Just my opinion.

DM, I know Beta keys were available from various sites. My point was they are still trying to sell the founders packs this close to the supposed release of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game and will be a subscriber to it. But it wouldn't surprise me if they just hype the purchase of founders packs as the big news.

Just sayin

Oh yeah - lol - the sales team at Trion is probably going to still be trying to sell beta packs post launch - hahaha, I mean most marketing/sales departments are pretty removed from the actual game if you know what I mean.