Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is WoW listed at the lowest of difficulty?

1235»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    The point of WoW isn't to hit level cap, it's to hit Item level cap.  See how long it takes you to go from item level 1 to 589, then talk about difficulty...  

We could talk about difficulty if you want, however there would be far more relevant terms for the gameplay you presented as the 'point of WoW', like

• - carrot on a stick
    • - endless grind
    • - crushing tedium
    • - endless treadmill for skill-nullifying, "IWIN" button, gear-dependence

BUT... you worked hard for your shoulderpads, so I won't try to take that away from you, especially since there's always a bigger and better pair on the horizon for you. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

MMORPGs are per default not difficult.

As their name says, they aim at being appealing for the masses. The masses don't want to think more than necessary when gaming. The masses also don't want to keep dying while gaming. As such, the one defining factor called "difficulty" in MMORPGs is time. The more time something requires, the more "difficult" it is supposed to be. Achieving something by doing some mindless grinding for 5 minutes? Easy. Achieving something by mindlessly grinding for two weeks? Difficult. That both can be done by basically facerolling half-asleep doesn't matter.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Ludwik
    Originally posted by jusomdude
    If ~99% of the population that plays the game can't finish the heroic content... the game isn't easy. I bet most people that call WoW easy haven't finished the heroic content.

Well, that depends.

By Blizzard's own numbers, only 1.3% of the player base has even attempted a raid and only 0.9% has attempted a herioc raid. If all 0.9% of players that have attempted a herioc raid have been able to complete it, I would say that constitutes 'easy'.

Those numbers tell me that Blizzard needs to take a look at their end game content if so few people do it. Maybe they should design end game content that is enjoyable by 98.7% of the player base and not waste money on the 1.3%.