Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Landmark: Combat Arrives!

2»

Comments

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Landmark is like the foundation in a modular house, with the house being EQN. Once the foundation is done (full basement, not slab hopefully) EQN will be snapped together with pieces pre-built and trucked in. A bit of electrical and plumbing and 'Lego House'!

Seriously though. Most Beta testers realized right fromt eh start that Landmark was the testing/development ground for EQN (or some of the systems at least). Selling beta slots generated 'some' revenue but got a bunch of avid testers to jump in and break EQN - without giving away EQN - huzzah!

The problem is that little to nothing, even including the keynote speaking a week or so back else has been said about EQN and the dribs and drabs changes to Landmark have waned in their excitement factor. *shrug*

We'll see.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I was kinda hopping for a release of the first MMO in history to not have combat other than the Sims as proof that doing so will not in fact cause the second coming.

combat = I am burned out

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I was kinda hopping for a release of the first MMO in history to not have combat other than the Sims as proof that doing so will not in fact cause the second coming.

combat = I am burned out

You have to see it as more like Survival mode in Minecraft.

And as you have different islands of each Resource Tier. I am sure there will be islands with and without combat.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

I saw a bow in game that looks like the character is holding a 5' long pole with a diameter about twice what would be possible to carry with any strength. Was the idea for the game to be so silly looking as to cause you to just try and focus on the other features of the game? Terrible.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I don't think most people here understand whats going on...Landmark is purely a testing ground for SOE. They say they are giving you the power to help with ideas and changes. And in turn they give you ...something....A game?.....no....a playable alpha??....no...something you cant wait to login to???.....NO! But they DO take your money.....there is that!  BTW, does anyone really think EQN is going to be released anywhere within the next 3 years, without virtually anything in place yet?