Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple Question: Are you having fun?

OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96

Totally unbiased question.  Not interested in cost, the opinion on the game store, or problems that the game has at the moment.  I am genuinely interested in the question: Are you having a fun time playing the game? 

//\

If your having trouble answering this question, or would like to expand; here are some specific questions myself, and I am sure others would like to hear if you have time to post:

Have you lost track of time while playing, if so; how long?

Have you encountered a "memorable" moment?

While at work / school / or doing a chore, have you found yourself thinking about getting to play  ArcheAge?

Have you stopped playing a different game in favor of playing ArcheAge?

Would you recommend this game to a friend?

I appreciate your feedback and I am sure others will read what you have typed as well.  Some may even base their opinion of the game or if they will play the game on what you say.  I greatly and sincerely appreciate honesty both positive and negative.

Comments

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324
    yes
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Everything but the labor point system is fun
  • TaristarTaristar Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Yes, and I am not a founder or paying subscriber yet
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Yep!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Yes, I am having fun playing for roughly 4-5 hours a day, would be longer but just do not have more time.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Ocenica

Totally unbiased question.  Not interested in cost, the opinion on the game store, or problems that the game has at the moment.  I am genuinely interested in the question: Are you having a fun time playing the game? 

//\

If your having trouble answering this question, or would like to expand; here are some specific questions myself, and I am sure others would like to hear if you have time to post:

Have you lost track of time while playing, if so; how long?

For Sure, while playing the whole time, I get home around 4-5pm, I get on the game and next min I know its 10:30-11pm.. Gotta set goals, if you set goals and go after them you dont care about anything else but getting that goal met.. 

Have you encountered a "memorable" moment?

My Most Memorable moment was Leveling and getting gank, it might sound a little stupid but I was just questing and this other darkrunner came up and kicked my ass my own FACTION !!!, I literally stayed in the area for 20mins looking for this person, I found her and killed her(felt like a bad ass) well I didnt know she was wanted and soon as I killed her she went infront of the jury and I helped her not go to jail.. b/c lets be honest its a pvp game and it was the first time anyone jumped me in the game..

While at work / school / or doing a chore, have you found yourself thinking about getting to play  ArcheAge?

All the fawkin time, I havent played in alpha for a couple months b/c I want to keep some stuff for launch like crafting.. even now I want to play the fawkin game but it shuts down in a couple days.. but every single day I think about playing archeage and meeting up with my guildies again and doing some PIRATE STUFF!!

Have you stopped playing a different game in favor of playing ArcheAge?

Rust I was a big player in rust and put a lot of hours into it same as League of Leagues I was SIlver 1 I logged back on after playing Alpha for awhile and now I am silver 5(Decay FTW)

I have tried to go back to Rift, Tera, and some other mmorpgs but nothing is that interesting to me anymore since all I want to do is play ArcheAge..

Well once I heard BnS was coming in 2015 I kinda jizzed in my pants but thats just a rumor atm..

Would you recommend this game to a friend?

Ya I recommended this to all my friends some will try it but others are to stuck on ESO :((

I appreciate your feedback and I am sure others will read what you have typed as well.  Some may even base their opinion of the game or if they will play the game on what you say.  I greatly and sincerely appreciate honesty both positive and negative.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Yes to all.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Yes having a great time. While not perfect, my only grip with the game is the separation of the races. I think they should have had the 4 races neutral at first and then let people pick one of THREE factions to join. Would let cats and elves fight along side one another instead of always enemies. Just my two sense.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Yes had fun in cb3 as ftp
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Yes. I took this game off my radar because of the PvP. But friends bought it and I tried it. The questing is meh but the farming and trade run aspect is pretty addicting. Plus I'm an explorer so I lose track of time wandering everywhere.

• CurraCurra Member UncommonPosts: 34

Yup.I've never been a big crafter but this game has hooked me with its farming
    and crafting aspect.Glider is easy to upgrade and fun to use as well.Still
    playing as ftp but will take Patron status when game releases.

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Everything but the labor point system is fun

I would also add first lvl 30 to the list but i agree.

LP is just bad system.

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Ocenica

Totally unbiased question.  Not interested in cost, the opinion on the game store, or problems that the game has at the moment.  I am genuinely interested in the question:

Are you having a fun time playing the game? No, got bored and only made it to mid teens.

//\

Have you lost track of time while playing, if so; how long? No

Have you encountered a "memorable" moment? No

While at work / school / or doing a chore, have you found yourself thinking about getting to play  ArcheAge? Before I tried beta yes, after trying beta No.

Have you stopped playing a different game in favor of playing ArcheAge? No

Would you recommend this game to a friend? Maybe if I thought that friends playstyle was a little different and they might enjoy the game.

Just because I answered most of the questions as no doesn't mean I hate the game.  It just didn't grab me and keep me interested in the earlier levels like some other games.  I know others like this game and that is good, hopefully it will make it and who knows, maybe my playstyle will change in the future and I will give it another shot.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    hell yes! only reason im not putting in 16 hours a day is because first year law school is taking all my fucking time
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I spent a fair amount of time in CB4 and I enjoyed the time spent.

I would say, though, that a lot of that enjoyment came from two things for me.

1. A sense of nostalgia. A lot about the game reminds me of "old school" games I've played in the past.

Although it was fun to re-experience some of that, I know that once the sense of nostalgia wears off, I'm likely to wish the game had embraced many more of the modern MMO innovations.

2. A vast, seamless world provides a nice breath of fresh air to a genre too populated by instanced content and loading screens between zones.

This is also a double edged sword. Although I enjoyed the wide open spaces, the game world also feels extremely generic. I know eventually the wide open spaces will feel more and more a mechanism for travel related time sinks, as exploring to "see the wonders of the world" is pretty much missing.

In summary, I had more fun that I expected, but I also see many warning signs pointing towards ongoing enjoyment of the game being a more flash in the pan affair, rather than a long term prospect. Compelling game play can trump aesthetics and cumbersome mechanisms, but the hill the game needs to climb is steeper and many will find it not worth the effort. The game might surprise me and provide me with more than a month or two of play, but the annoyances are already annoying after an extended weekend and I know they will only feel more so as time drags on.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Originally posted by fiontar

1. A sense of nostalgia. A lot about the game reminds me of "old school" games I've played in the past.

Although it was fun to re-experience some of that, I know that once the sense of nostalgia wears off, I'm likely to wish the game had embraced many more of the modern MMO innovations.

2. A vast, seamless world provides a nice breath of fresh air to a genre too populated by instanced content and loading screens between zones.

This is also a double edged sword. Although I enjoyed the wide open spaces, the game world also feels extremely generic. I know eventually the wide open spaces will feel more and more a mechanism for travel related time sinks, as exploring to "see the wonders of the world" is pretty much missing.

In summary, I had more fun that I expected, but I also see many warning signs pointing towards ongoing enjoyment of the game being a more flash in the pan affair, rather than a long term prospect. Compelling game play can trump aesthetics and cumbersome mechanisms, but the hill the game needs to climb is steeper and many will find it not worth the effort. The game might surprise me and provide me with more than a month or two of play, but the annoyances are already annoying after an extended weekend and I know they will only feel more so as time drags on.

If you are into ganking and getting ganked then you would enjoy it long term otherwise not so much since it is all together a different game once you leave safe areas after lvl 30.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I love the game.  Will probably run two accounts.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Thestrain

I

If you are into ganking and getting ganked then you would enjoy it long term otherwise not so much since it is all together a different game once you leave safe areas after lvl 30.

Strange that you would bring this up but having only played in Alpha I'm finding ganking and getting ganked  to be  much less of an issue than I thought it would be ....once I passed the original idiots zone of Cinderstone Moor exploring and levelling seemed to be the main focus of the folks I encountered

Originally posted by Bad.dog

I

Strange that you would bring this up but having only played in Alpha I'm finding ganking and getting ganked  to be  much less of an issue than I thought it would be ....once I passed the original idiots zone of Cinderstone Moor exploring and levelling seemed to be the main focus of the folks I encountered

I doubt it will stay that way once people settle down. I don't have a problem with it though because i like open world PVP, i  simply mentioned this because people often do not realise this till they get attacked and then it leaves a bad taste in their mouth.

• codekittencodekitten Member Posts: 59

I've had fun thus far. Made it to around 10-15 on 4 characters just to see the zones and test the waters on a few different builds. I don't plan on paying the sub or whatever it is for the bonuses... I already play a P2P mmo so I don't want to sub to a second one just yet. 

on another note I am a bit worried people seem to say end game you will need a LOT of labor points to do well.. anything. This is a concern in the back of my mind. But I haven't gotten to the so called end game yet so .. 

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Yes having a great time. While not perfect, my only grip with the game is the separation of the races. I think they should have had the 4 races neutral at first and then let people pick one of THREE factions to join. Would let cats and elves fight along side one another instead of always enemies. Just my two sense.

To be honest I'm much happier that  there are two defined sides with separate races ,,,,,after what happened in ESO where the developers caved in and  allowed everyone to mix I've decided  3 sided  combat and separate sides defined by different races is a must have feature

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by fiontar

I enjoy neither. I've enjoyed the challenge of playing on PvP servers in other games, but I'm usually a "live and let live" sort of player.

The game world here seems big enough for my type of PvP, but I'll have to see how it plays out. I despise PK zergs and high powered gankers hunting low powered prey. If either is prevalent and impossible to avoid, that would limit my time with the game.

If I do play, I will buy Patron for the first month. I figure with no box price, $15 to give a game a good shot for 30 days isn't too much to lose if I decide not to play longer. I can already anticipate, however, that there are a number of reasons why I might not play beyond a month. If I was playing another MMO at the moment, I'd probably just pass entirely.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

Short Answer is "Yes".

Thank You, :)

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I wasn't impressed by the game. I just maybe old and wore of online games. From making my character to questing it just didn't feeling much of anything new. Maybe it's just me :)

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Well i had fun with it.

I find it's a bit to mutch orientated on the crafting.

Some say without patron wou don't stand a change.

I tought ah we kill the stuff and other make the stuff we use.

Bought the 44 euro founder and i found out that is correct.

The armors are a bit lacking moost of them look the same.

Problem i see is that endgame when u are 50/55 why would i keep using/buying patron.

Dont need the labor points that mutch, i think that this game will be filled with l55 end game peep thats dont have patron.

Thats why i hope they dont make DE/FR PVP/RP and more of that crap servers.

Every server needs both of them

RP "hey look at my flowers do you wanna buy them" (scared of anything pvp related)

and the

PVP "Yho sucker u killed the wrong guy i am gonna pwn u" (crafting is for drones i play online for teh KILLING)

Types.

I Bought it.and i like it so far i got to level 45.

And its the first game where PVP stand for "killing your own faciont members"

I get attacked more by peeps that think they are "PRO"

U walk by them and as you have your back to them they rurn blue and shoot the crap out of u.

Since this game relay's heavely (to bad since it will kill the game) Stuns and knockdowns before u can react it to late.

What i find so damn funny is that the RP peeps want a special server for it.

Witch makes no sense to me. if its RP then u need fighters to thats the Role Playing.