Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Werewolf Online(R) - Update 8/25/14

WereLlamaWereLlama Lubbock, TXPosts: 244Member Uncommon

Since I've been asked, here is the latest update on our little indie mmo project.

Name: Werewolf Online (R)

Were using the Unity3d engine and planning on an Android APK  alpha test this fall (easily emulated on PC and Mac using BlueStacks).

Features Already implemented and working in game:

1. Asynchronous Grouping/Raiding.  Players on your friend list, if asked, will spawn and charge the mini/raid boss. (Typically dying if only level 1 to the first AE, but its fun to chain summon all your friends to their death).  If they are online, you cant summon them but they can most certainly join you.

2. Quest Zone Evolution.  Players after defeating the Boss of the quest area, become friendly with of the zones inhabitants for the remainder of the day.  With zone transformation unlocked, you can access the re-spawned Boss as a store, and buy plants, rocks, traps, monsters, and place them in the zone so they can attack the next bunch of players.   Note: Tomorrow, you will have to fight those things if the quest is available.  

and other normal mmo stuff (quest, items, healing ,death ,monsters ,dungeons, acid breathing winged lizardmen)

Once we get the trailer/website made, we will start letting in alpha testers. 

-WL

Orc Forest: Northern Foothills  

Comments

• WereLlamaWereLlama Lubbock, TXPosts: 244Member Uncommon

Lizardman priestess - mini boss 

• xaritscinxaritscin CaliPosts: 350Member Uncommon
    sounds like a nice project
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 14,247Member Rare
    Good to see it's still coming along. Looking forward to more updates!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• EridanixEridanix Orbital IkraliPosts: 426Member

It sounds fair and a good game, but there is no good game for me without PvP, so that, will be PvP in this new game and how it will work, if I may ask?

Anyway as it sounds and looks so interesting tell me how could I be informed about the news and advancements in developement, etc?

It is a question of fangs.

• CryptorCryptor Coquitlam, BCPosts: 523Member Uncommon
    Do yo have videos on youtube or anything?  I' love to read more about it.
    Originally posted by Eridanix
    It sounds fair and a good game, but there is no good game for me without PvP, so that, will be PvP in this new game and how it will work, if I may ask? Anyway as it sounds and looks so interesting tell me how could I be informed about the news and advancements in developement, etc?

Good question, so two answers:

1. Short Term:  What we got working right now working is player designed zones, as in players layout ai defenders, walls, traps, ballista, and other players will attack it to achieve ownership of area.

2. Long Term: We want a third to half of zones  to be wildlands or full pvp zones.  The main difference is in addition to building bases, there will pvp related resources to protect and rob from.   More socially kinetic players will want to operate in those zones.

-WL

Originally posted by Cryptor
    Do yo have videos on youtube or anything?  I' love to read more about it.

Were working on our trailer now. Give us 5-6 weeks and ill post a link to it.  

The plan is, the video will show gameplay related to:

1. Werewolf dynamic (human vs wolf form and faction impact)

2. Asynch raiding/grouping

3. Player zone ownership, building structures, traps, and positioning ai guards (orcs and undead mostly)

-WL

• corpusccorpusc Chattanooga, TNPosts: 1,331Member Uncommon

i'm also a Unity guy.

gl with the project.

The End
    ---------------------------
    i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects