Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed but it's only beta right...

2»

Comments

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Its not even just linear questing. Its the same sort of rubbish you would find in any asian game like Shaiya or (insert name here)  Pointless cicking and generic mob placement. Which apparently you have to man your way to level 30 for it get good, since then you can be killed by other players while doing it.

I logged in multiple times but the pointless stuff killed off any fun for me before I even got to the interesting sounding things. I've seen better questing in MUDs from 1998.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by bezado

but being a sandbox.

But it isn't a sandbox game, that's your problem right there.image

Yea it is, its massive open world where you can build stuff in it

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    5 hours into game, lvl20... I have yet to see any sandbox. And the whole game is breeding with a dull feel. Maybe lvl30 will be better but I'm wondering if its worth getting there.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Usually when a game is this close to release, you are pretty much experiencing what the launch product will be.  I think "it's just beta" at this point is a defense with no merit.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    The issue is it starts itself off as a linear game which is silly. Its putting itself off as a linear themepark at the start when it evolves greatly to be much more sandbox. Its unfortunately presenting itself in the wrong way at the start. Its fine to have quests and the like and give a traditional MMO experience, but it really needs to show off its features a lot more to the players early on to see what it has to offer. 
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    The issue is it starts itself off as a linear game which is silly. Its putting itself off as a linear themepark at the start when it evolves greatly to be much more sandbox. Its unfortunately presenting itself in the wrong way at the start. Its fine to have quests and the like and give a traditional MMO experience, but it really needs to show off its features a lot more to the players early on to see what it has to offer. 

I agree,  I think identity crisis may be the right term.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by grimal

Usually when a game is this close to release, you are pretty much experiencing what the launch product will be.  I think "it's just beta" at this point is a defense with no merit.

Its a 2 year old game.  Its only beta was never a valid argument for anything other than the translations.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by stayontarget

These post always start out the same.  "played a few hours"

I don't play AA and probably never will but come on man, put a little effort into it at least.

well lucky for me it doesnt even take a few hours. as soon as i figure out its a quest hub game it gets uninstalled so thats about 10 min. haha

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by bezado

Disappointed after trying it tonight for a couple of hours.

Main reason was the linear feel of the game but being a sandbox. Starting out and questing is so linear. The game maybe a sandbox world in some places but others it's just too constricted to bring me into the game, I want to be immersed when I play a sandbox and not have the game hold my hand to show me what to do or where to go. If questing was done right it would have gotten points from me, but it has failed at that aspect as well.

The towns seem to be slow and boring, I especially dislike how the animations are for movement. I also find it hard to get into a new mmorpg when you got a lot of people the same look all the way through the game, many players daunting the same gear and look really doesn't do it for me, pushes me further from immersion. When Everquest first came out in 99 and I loaded it up and played the first time that was the experience I was hoping with this game, but it never got me, never pulled me in.

Combat is weak, the animations and game play are more conducive for Asian market, keeping in mind this was an Asian game to begin with it is no wonder it may not do well over here. I see the same game type you find in ESO and Neverwinter.

This is the kind of game maybe you come back to in 1 year and go wow they did a lot of polishing, it does feel a little more complex and real. But for now I do not get the sense of pleasure out of this one, it's lacking somewhere. Maybe you guys can tell me what I missed that is so great that it encapsulates me and pulls me in in an immersive kind of way?

You need to reach level 21837674354. Then the game becomes fun.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

I don't play AA and probably never will but come on man, put a little effort into it at least.

well lucky for me it doesnt even take a few hours. as soon as i figure out its a quest hub game it gets uninstalled so thats about 10 min. haha

You could have saved 24GB download by doing some researches; but i guess to each their own :P

Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by grimal

Its a 2 year old game.  Its only beta was never a valid argument for anything other than the translations.

Could be they are beta testing the hardware.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by An4thor
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

You could have saved 24GB download by doing some researches; but i guess to each their own :P

yeah very true, but i like to see for myself. never know there could be something that just hooks me.