Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO is great

13»

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Originally posted by CyberWiz

Originally posted by Iselin
     At least there is RvR and non instanced open world PvE dungeons.

Not to mention our own version of Darkness Falls coming in a few months to the Imperial City in Cyrodiil.

Drool ...

Whats that? I wanna subscribe again but I must control myself and wait for the ps4 version!

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914
    Originally posted by Dragnelus
    Originally posted by Iselin
     At least there is RvR and non instanced open world PvE dungeons.

Not to mention our own version of Darkness Falls coming in a few months to the Imperial City in Cyrodiil.

Drool ...

Whats that? I wanna subscribe again but I must control myself and wait for the ps4 version!

The Alliance that controls the most keeps in RvR gets access to the Epic RvR dungeon.

First you need to clear out the other enemy alliances and then you can get the spoils of war ( epic bosses and loot ). But also small scale groups can have fun and loot.

Of course it is possible that the enemy Alliance logged off or hides and comes back to backstab you :p

This was one of the most fun moments I had in DAoC and mmorpg's in general.

Not only Darkness Falls itself, but also the keep offense and defense leading to it.

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Myrradah

First of all...

... So please dont try to force your perverted definition of a MMO on me if you dont like mine.

I'll show you my definition if you show me yours.

-Chuckles
  • SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    You guys know what's said? That reddit, yes REDDIT, has become a more mature place to have discussions about games than MMORPG. I have recently been reading the ESO and FFXIV forums there and it's just so much better. A lot less trollnig and negativity there. But seriously, this is getting sad when reddit becomes a more civilised place for discussions.

Sad but true.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Originally posted by Soandsoso
    You guys know what's said? That reddit, yes REDDIT, has become a more mature place to have discussions about games than MMORPG. I have recently been reading the ESO and FFXIV forums there and it's just so much better. A lot less trollnig and negativity there. But seriously, this is getting sad when reddit becomes a more civilised place for discussions.

Sad but true.

Not the first poster to bring this up, our new generation of content locusts are voracious in their trolling as well as eating content.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Scot

Sad but true.

Not the first poster to bring this up, our new generation of content locusts are voracious in their trolling as well as eating content.

I think to the fans of the game this is obvious which is why most tend to flock to the official forums or to Reddit because though there are trolls there too, they have A LOT more threads discussing features, patch notes, things they saw in game, helpful hints, funny screen shots, etc. This place is more duplicate thread number 100...how many subs does ESO have? Why can't it be more like Skyrim? etc lol. 

There Is Always Hope!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Too bad they've actually made it worse since beta, and destroyed their own community.
  • ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Agree.  ESO is a very nice game.   I'm planning on having two subs...one to ESO and one to ArcheAge.   Between the two of them, it will give me everything I'm looking for in an MMO.   My only huge wish is that they add in housing at some point, some interesting hobbies and an interesting fishing system!
  • ValatheusValatheus Member UncommonPosts: 30

Sad but true.

Yep reddit is where I go to get my ESO information as well. Their /elderscrollsonline subforum has come a long way, and is now a fairly friendly, productive place.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

I agree ESO is far better than some of the abuse it has taken, but for me, uuggg i think i'm "fantasied out" or "formula'd out", the cookie cutter formula mold's of today's mmo's is most of the challenge and not the games themselves, it's the challenge to fight the shear boredom of games repetition.

I was on the fence with all the debates that it should have been Skyrim online, and not another mmo in an ES skin. I like to grind, i like mmo's so having an ES mmo would most likely be cool and wasn't too concerned that it was another mmo and not skyrim online,  a few months in and you're like f*ck here i am "paying" to play the same f*cking mmo since 2004, yet again another useless wow clone for lack of a better explanation. Maybe they should have broke the mold and gone all out and made a real skyrim like online game and blew everyone and all competition out of the water.

The real treadmill today is not the mmo anymore it's the games themselves, u feel like you've been playing the same mmo over and over and over and over again.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Husvik

I agree ESO is far better than some of the abuse it has taken, but for me, uuggg i think i'm "fantasied out" or "formula'd out", the cookie cutter formula mold's of today's mmo's is most of the challenge and not the games themselves, it's the challenge to fight the shear boredom of games repetition.

I was on the fence with all the debates that it should have been Skyrim online, and not another mmo in an ES skin. I like to grind, i like mmo's so having an ES mmo would most likely be cool and wasn't too concerned that it was another mmo and not skyrim online,  a few months in and you're like f*ck here i am "paying" to play the same f*cking mmo since 2004, yet again another useless wow clone for lack of a better explanation. Maybe they should have broke the mold and gone all out and made a real skyrim like online game and blew everyone and all competition out of the water.

The real treadmill today is not the mmo anymore it's the games themselves, u feel like you've been playing the same mmo over and over and over and over again.

How exactly is ESO the same as WoW? It's crafting is very different. The way questing is structured is different. There are things which encourage exploration. Character skill system is different. 

To be honest when I am playing I never get the WoW vibe. It feels like a TES game. Combat is very similar to Skyrim etc. It's actually a step up if you are a melee/archer etc. class. In TES games melee characters only have left click, right click. No real skills whatsover.

But yeah it definitely doesn't feel like WoW. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    i'm going to give ESO another go. I dropped 50$ for a pre-order. Played a week and was pretty buggy but the game itself is designed very well with impressive graphics and music and lore. That alone is my reason for coming back. I hope they add in nameplates but at the same time I might try and enjoy it without nameplates this time. That was my main reason for leaving. Anyways... gonna give it a real shot this time. 
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by Shayyd80
    i'm going to give ESO another go. I dropped 50$ for a pre-order. Played a week and was pretty buggy but the game itself is designed very well with impressive graphics and music and lore. That alone is my reason for coming back. I hope they add in nameplates but at the same time I might try and enjoy it without nameplates this time. That was my main reason for leaving. Anyways... gonna give it a real shot this time. 

Your main reason for not playing was nameplates? You must be hard to please...

I am actually glad it does not have nameplates, ESO goes for a more organic feel. Some games I like nameplates, this one I would not.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Husvik

How exactly is ESO the same as WoW? It's crafting is very different. The way questing is structured is different. There are things which encourage exploration. Character skill system is different. 

To be honest when I am playing I never get the WoW vibe. It feels like a TES game. Combat is very similar to Skyrim etc. It's actually a step up if you are a melee/archer etc. class. In TES games melee characters only have left click, right click. No real skills whatsover.

But yeah it definitely doesn't feel like WoW. 

WoW was probably the first MMO he played.  Oh look, there are mobs and skills, and quests!  Has to be a WoW clone because WoW ws the first MMO!  WoW is a clone of EQ.  Blizzard's only original idea for it was to make it so easy that a brain dead chimp can play and succeed.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Well after waiting and waiting on a good sandbox ( like SWG pre CU-NGE ), I gave up and settled for ESO.

Character building has sandbox levels of customization, basically skill based.

Open world, RvR, voice acting, good quests, great graphics, twitch combat, ...

VERY active community, the megaserver is definitely the way how it should be done.

What is not to like :p

Just posting after 5 hours of quality gaming and immersion, now going to sleep :p

The rest of the fans are basically just playing the game :)

Do a extensive review after like 2-3 months....

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"