Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new players perspective

avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Started playing Defiance about four weeks ago. The game has much potential as a great shooter MMO except for on crippling thing. The servers are just awful. Either that or the code is bad. The game comes to a standstill in Arkfall events, not so much the invasions which leads me to believe there is some bad programming in there. It's not really that fun to play when everything just comes to a standstill. 

Also, the game has become a pay to win game (as in pay to get the good purple and gold weapons). Yes you can save up keys but in later stages in the game that is a long wait. And the cost of advanced loot boxes is staggering. 

Comments

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by avalon1000

Started playing Defiance about four weeks ago. The game has much potential as a great shooter MMO except for on crippling thing. The servers are just awful. Either that or the code is bad. The game comes to a standstill in Arkfall events, not so much the invasions which leads me to believe there is some bad programming in there. It's not really that fun to play when everything just comes to a standstill. 

Also, the game has become a pay to win game (as in pay to get the good purple and gold weapons). Yes you can save up keys but in later stages in the game that is a long wait. And the cost of advanced loot boxes is staggering. 

I recently returned with the new season of Defiance.  I have noticed more disconnects lately, I don't remember ever disconnecting like this when I played before.  Must be with a recent DLC.

I wouldn't call it a pay to win game, yes you can pay to buy the boxes.  Though if you are patient you can build enough to get the locked boxes and upgrade any current weapon to some nice stats.  Least that's how it's been for me.  Paying the keys and some resources I have managed to get several Oranges from the boxes without spending money.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Another thing I find extremely irritating is constantly running out of ammo. Are there ammo packs available? I know about the spikes, but do they have fast reload ammo packs? Geez...some of the mobs are just bullet sponges even with a decent weapon. The ammo thing is really not good. 
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

MoBs often drop ammo when defeated, and there are ammo caches scattered around. Most major fight areas have multiple ammo caches.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    If this game had a jet pack like GA it would go from very good to great for me personally.  Been playing it quite a bit lately and if you want a good change of pace it is quite fun.  I am not sure I could play it 4-6-8+ hours a day though, doesn't feel like there is quite enough to do for that.  But casual play it is great and I would recommend it.