Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's allot of fun, wth is the problem?

13»

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Seems like the next version as seen on PTS servers will once again shake the game up. I just downloaded it yesterday and my first though as a beta player from way back in v0.5 was: "Ah, shit. Not again..." 

But i'll give it few days. No matter how much they change the game they havent yet managed to cover up that they have a solid basic engine for movement/combat. Actually the most fun and smooth 3rd person shooter I have ever played...

But them changeing the rules and gameplay like there was no tomorrow is getting old...
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Honestly the game is a could have been, it was never a may become. They took too long, made too many mistakes, screwed the original supporters, and changed the core game so many times even those of us playing it lost track. There comes a point where you have to say enough is enough.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    OMG. Just ran into my first Lock Box on the PTS server.

<RANT>

Red 5, sorry, but Die In A Fire. You can change the gameplay systems all you want, if you relly feel you need to, but give me LockBoxes and I am gone! The Worst F2P mechanic EVER! Not in FireFall. Please?

<\RANT>
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    hfztt said:
    OMG. Just ran into my first Lock Box on the PTS server.

<RANT>

Red 5, sorry, but Die In A Fire. You can change the gameplay systems all you want, if you relly feel you need to, but give me LockBoxes and I am gone! The Worst F2P mechanic EVER! Not in FireFall. Please?

<\RANT>
    I feel you but lock boxes are becoming a standard MMO feature.  New gamers will just be used to it and not even bother complaining. 
  • revix013revix013 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited November 2015
    Flex1 said:

How can you say the game was better 2 years ago when the world map was infinitely smaller and compared to now there was almost nothing fun to do except thumping missions, kill monsters with lame AI or craft.

And before that the game only opened up for pvp matches style beta events.

come on and help me understand all this nonsense about the game being better 2 years ago.

So many people dont understand this , its simply amazing . Anyway this is the part you dont understand : 

When people say the game was better a few years ago , they are not talking about the ammount of content we had , they are talking about the basic game systems behind that content . Like battleframe progression , verical progresion vs horizontal progression , crafting , resource collection and many more .

It was never about content , not even once . For example , back then we had a more horizontal progression system . This allowed players the freedom to simply explore the entire map and take part in all activities if they had the skills to kill stronger enemies . Players were not divided in small sections of the map because anything thats 1 level higher than you can instantly kill you. 

I know its hard for people like you to understands this , but just think about this : Red5 could easily add the content we have now on the older (and much better systems ) we had then . 

Again , its not about the content we had , its about the systems that support it . Just think how much time , money and other resources could have been saved if they simply built the game on top of the systems everyone loved .

Every single time someone talks about the older game , people like you jump in with the stupid argument that we had no content back then . Every single time , the same stupid coment " We have more content now , the game is much better " . Not even understanding why other players complain .

I hope you understand now . 

• zdoofopzdoofop Member UncommonPosts: 11
    xpsync said:

Great game, and tbh never heard of this one until i saw it on steam. Grabbed it and been hooked ever since. Not sure why some reviews are so damn hard on it. Glad i didn't read any reviews or i may have passed on this one and that would be a shame for all the fun i'm having.

So i have to ask wth is wrong with people, they against having fun or something?

this is an excellent question @xpsync and it has a few answers.

First and foremost, the fact that there have been no patches fixing bugs is worrying people.  The reason they haven't updated is-according to them-that they are 100% focused on bringing the game to the ps4, which people also fear will fail.  The other big reason is that rumor has it that the company is low on resources, and possibly on its last legs.  Finally, there are those who don't like the direction the game is taking in terms of gameplay mechanics.

I hoope this answers your question.