Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's allot of fun, wth is the problem?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Husvik
    I should consider myself lucky that i never heard about this one till now then, as knowing me i'd be here screaming from the butthurt beta-burn too, lol.

LOL! I have to remember that one. A very fitting description in some cases. :) 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    I should consider myself lucky that i never heard about this one till now then, as knowing me i'd be here screaming from the butthurt beta-burn too, lol.

LOL! I have to remember that one. A very fitting description in some cases. :) 

lol

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • lindzzamoralindzzamora Member Posts: 17
    lol at butt hurt beta burn, but sometimes it does help you appreciate the work being put into the game and how that effort is steering the game into the right direction, makes it seem much more worth it to be honest. :)
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

I tried it before the revamp and I tried it now and all I can say is this.
    Nice setting,nice art style,nice maps,not bad combat,nice everything but....the content,most of the PvE,is underwhelming,very low quality stuff.
    -ARES missions?The worst quests I've encountered ever.They make WoW questing look like
    next gen 2024.What they've done is they replaced the :go to hub>take quests>do the
    quests>return to hub,with:go to hub>take quest(1)>do the quest>return to hub>take another quest>return to the location of the previous quest>do the quest>return to hub etc etc.
    And not only they are boring,but they are badly executed as well.
    Everything,from utterly dumb AI,to the way you interact with NPCs that ignore you are there,to a bad ass coms system(SIN) that is not utilized so you have to go talk to the NPC only to have the conversation play through the SIN channel(facepalm),to a nice mass teleportation tech that is also not utilized so you still have to go fetch a dozen crates,each one half as big as you,and then carry them on your back(facepalm 2),to NPC 3d models not matching their model in the coms window,so you talk with a blond guy in the SIN but when you get to meet him he is really not blonde and a bit bold..and who knows..he might not even be a guy really(double facepalm).
    What can I say.One quest had me go rescue a guy that was in grave danger and the guy was
    right there in front of me in the quest hub.Why bother?Why spent even 1 cent of your money to develop such shit?
    Game has all those nice technologies,like SIN and Archfolders,that can make questing a fluid and enjoyable experience and it falls back to the worst version of a quest hub system ever made.
    And it didn't even need all those quests.Just a well written main story line,the campaign missions,and then dynamic events and world PvP.
    -Dynamic Events?I'll never ever complain about GW2 DEs.Ever.Just that.
    -Thumping?Nice but it get's old.
    -Campaign missions?These are good but too few to make a difference.
    It's like the devs did everything but the content and then they called in the janitor
    to create the content,and that wasn't even a good janitor.
    It all came to a point where I just couldn't keep my brain turned off so I could go on with the questing and I just quit.

That's too bad Rockhard your missing out on a real gem.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812

Too much structure. Too much repetition. Leveling is not a fun or fast process, considering each frame is an individual level.

PvP is bad.

Not enough variety in PvE.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It's a pretty fun game.  The only problem I have with it is the 'running simulator' part of it.  I will say I got spoiled with the jump packs.  When I play other games, I find myself wishing for the ability for all of my characters.

I self identify as a monkey.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

But it's not fun.

It wasn't fun in beta, and when I tried it recently to see what they changed it was still not fun.

If it was fun and a "gem" then there wouldn't be a problem and people would be all over it. But it's not fun.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

I am a founder of this game and when the games first came out in 2012 as Beta we had a blast, we used to land thumpers and kill bugs until our fingers were tire. I remember a location close to a base where people will put like 4 thumpers at a time, close to the building across on the other side of the mountain and there were literally thousand s of mobs, good man that was fun as heck.

Then the changes came and the game went to the dumps, now the new one that came out seems good for some players, but once you have eaten steak why you want to eat toffu.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Problem? what problem?

Who find it fun play it.

Who dont find it fun dont play it.

Dont see any problem here. 

• patpatrevillapatpatrevilla Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Jabas

Problem? what problem?

Who find it fun play it.

Who dont find it fun dont play it.

Dont see any problem here. 

If you put it that way, then yeah, simple as pie. I've enjoyed playing it the past few weeks, looks like I'll keep playing!

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I fired it up this morning and was very surprised to find that I am enjoying it a lot more than I did in beta, which seems like forever ago although i know it wasn't that long.

Sadly, as much as i am enjoying it, it'll have to take a way... way back seat to Archeage starting tomorrow, and then even more so come the 12th...

But all in all, I'll keep FF installed and play around with it, I had a blast this morning for the few hours I played.

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Rockard

I tried it before the revamp and I tried it now and all I can say is this.
    Nice setting,nice art style,nice maps,not bad combat,nice everything but....the content,most of the PvE,is underwhelming,very low quality stuff.
    1-ARES missions?The worst quests I've encountered ever.They make WoW questing look like
    next gen 2024.What they've done is they replaced the :go to hub>take quests>do the
    quests>return to hub,with:go to hub>take quest(1)>do the quest>return to hub>take another quest>return to the location of the previous quest>do the quest>return to hub etc etc.
    And not only they are boring,but they are badly executed as well.
    2 Everything,from utterly dumb AI,to the way you interact with NPCs that ignore you are there,to a bad ass coms system(SIN) that is not utilized so you have to go talk to the NPC only to have the conversation play through the SIN channel(facepalm),to a nice mass teleportation tech that is also not utilized so you still have to go fetch a dozen crates,each one half as big as you,and then carry them on your back(facepalm 2),to NPC 3d models not matching their model in the coms window,so you talk with a blond guy in the SIN but when you get to meet him he is really not blonde and a bit bold..and who knows..he might not even be a guy really(double facepalm).
    3 What can I say.One quest had me go rescue a guy that was in grave danger and the guy was
    right there in front of me in the quest hub.Why bother?Why spent even 1 cent of your money to develop such shit?
    Game has all those nice technologies,like SIN and Archfolders,that can make questing a fluid and enjoyable experience and it falls back to the worst version of a quest hub system ever made.
    4 And it didn't even need all those quests.Just a well written main story line,the campaign missions,and then dynamic events and world PvP.
    -Dynamic Events?I'll never ever complain about GW2 DEs.Ever.Just that.
    5-Thumping?Nice but it get's old.
    -Campaign missions?These are good but too few to make a difference.
    It's like the devs did everything but the content and then they called in the janitor
    to create the content,and that wasn't even a good janitor.
    It all came to a point where I just couldn't keep my brain turned off so I could go on with the questing and I just quit.

Most of this is nitpicking, cosmetic complaining.

I will nitpick your nitpicking:

1. Please differentiate between random ARES missions that appear in static areas, vs the dynamically spawned area job board missions. I hate the term, "hub", as it implies there is only one area like Neverwinter has. If you are talking job board missions, well of course you return to the job board area to get more from that job board. Let me remind people that you are NOT bound to the job board only. As Lemon King once said in a reply tweet to someone complaining, stop hugging the job board.

I will also say that I wish people would stop complaining about the job board missions without explaining what they don't like about them. Explain yourself when you say things such as they are badly executed. Why do you find them boring?

2. They have been working on the AI for a while. Yes sometimes something may just stand there for a few seconds while you shoot it, but sometimes it is also the weapon you are using (tesla rifle for example).

You are also nitpicking about a cosmetic feature with the SIN network and the audio files sounding like going over a radio while you stand in front of an NPC talking.

Arcfolding is explained in the timeline backstory if you care to read it on the website. Generally not safe for unprotected organic transport (hence the shielding on the Arclight). There are the various factions and Chosen which will use it or want to develop it better as you hear in the job stories.

3. Did you notify through /bug about how an NPC you were supposed to protect was apparently right there at the job board with you? Perhaps they need to delve into the code and move the spawn further away.

4. More nitpicking: The campaign mission is the main storyline. Chapter 2 is currently in the works.

5. Thumping is for crafting. Nothing more. They are working on crafting. Just this past Firefall Live yesterday, they stated the designer said that it isn't where they want it to be. If you weren't in beta, then know this: You used to be required to have resources in order to advance your CPU, Power, and Mass constraints individually. Now you have frame levels and level automatically where ever you are. You used to have to go to the garage and use those resources (which btw was 16 resources x 1000 levels of quality EACH) in order to improve your frame.

Remember that Red 5 Studios is not a "large" game studio. They "only" have about 150 total employees, and that includes all the human resources, player support, QA, etc people. The devs may only be about a third to half of that.

With a $160 million licensing deal in China, I do hope "trickle down economics" does help the US and EU side as they stated on FF Live.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I think a big issue is with how much the game has changed over the last three years and that many of us got to play it back then.  It is a lot like what NGE did to SWG, we got less sandbox and more themepark.  My two biggest issues with the changes are:

1. I like to play support and I used to be able to place a healing beam on someone sort of like in TF2.  Now I have to shoot a slow moving healing ball at a person who is moving around wildly with a jetpack in order to heal or I have to put a weak healing station on the ground and hope the guy about to die sees it or my third option, try and get next to him before he moves away and hit him with a healing wave that only goes a few feet in front of me.  The combat isnt like in WoW where people stand around in a small area and circle strafe, players have jet packs and move around erratically in combat.  To change healing where I have to predict where someone will be in 2 to 3 seconds is simply a bad design change.  I dont see any role for a support person in the game anymore.  Everyone is basically a DPS.

2. Crafting got simplified to much.  You used to jump in and scan-hammer all over looking for that awesome mineral, not any more.  You used to see thumpers going from copacabana to thump-dump as close as they were allowed to get.  You could just run around joining random thump groups and have a blast, not anymore.  You hardly see thumpers going now.  Just go do missions and buy what you need as its all pretty much the same, no need to craft really.

If I had never played the game and just tried it now, I might like it for a month or two but back three years ago, I was playing this game almost every day for a more than year.  The original concept was great and I supported it by buying a commanders package but since then the game has moved too much towards being an arcade version of what it was and I no longer enjoy it.  I am happy you seem to like it and hope it gives you a year or more of fun like it did me.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin i can't tell you how happy this slipped right under my radar until now. The NGE ruined SWG for me, so i can relate to those who supported this game only to watch it turn into something they didn't want.

Since i have zero idea what is was before all i can say is atm i seriously cannot get enough of this game, badly hooked.

• reygatdula11reygatdula11 Member Posts: 17

Talonsin i can't tell you how happy this slipped right under my radar until now. The NGE ruined SWG for me, so i can relate to those who supported this game only to watch it turn into something they didn't want.

Since i have zero idea what is was before all i can say is atm i seriously cannot get enough of this game, badly hooked.

I'd have to agree here, there is a possibility that this game has turned into something that not all people may have supported, especially some of the older players.

As for me personally, I'm enjoying the current build of the game as well but due to this "issue", I'm curious to really see what was up before.

Originally posted by reygatdula11

I'd have to agree here, there is a possibility that this game has turned into something that not all people may have supported, especially some of the older players.

As for me personally, I'm enjoying the current build of the game as well but due to this "issue", I'm curious to really see what was up before.

Not to offend anyone but i get that most of this negativity is making mountains out of mole hills.

From what I've read there was really nothing to do in the old version except thump, crafting however was much more intricate and deep, sounds like early EQ2 where you had to make the bolts, the nails, the glue, plain the wood into planks basically make all the components to make a chair, OK i would have liked that tbh, the land size was much smaller in the previous iteration as well, and i think there was more focus on pvp as well.

This screams to me why it probably fell under my radar, it sucked except for crafting. I really don't think we missed much tbh. Ans knowing me had i been there i'd probably would have never given the game another shot after hating the earlier version so much.

• reygatdula11reygatdula11 Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by reygatdula11

Not to offend anyone but i get that most of this negativity is making mountains out of mole hills.

From what I've read there was really nothing to do in the old version except thump, crafting however was much more intricate and deep, sounds like early EQ2 where you had to make the bolts, the nails, the glue, plain the wood into planks basically make all the components to make a chair, OK i would have liked that tbh, the land size was much smaller in the previous iteration as well, and i think there was more focus on pvp as well.

This screams to me why it probably fell under my radar, it sucked except for crafting. I really don't think we missed much tbh. Ans knowing me had i been there i'd probably would have never given the game another shot after hating the earlier version so much.

Good to know we didn't miss much, and well, it may be just me but I'm just happy that what we're playing at the moment is the "good" version and will just hopefully keep on getting better and better. The upcoming patch looks awesome tbh.

• lindzzamoralindzzamora Member Posts: 17

I'm actually enjoying the current build of the game. I have not personally played the previous "version" but have read a lot of things about it and even then, I feel I would still like the game as it is now that what it was. Heck, I've purchased some beans already.

• GraThomGraThom Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by vveaver

potato tomato tomato orange... what is fun?

i personally don't like shooter style gameplay, so you lose my interest at the core concept of the game.

i don't like mmo shooters either they feel as if they cater too much to call of doody/counterstrike redbull maniacs. what sucks is, i've been looking for a new mmo to play since archeage (i bounced from that when i saw what a shit show trion was doing with it) and i've reaslly been trying to force myself to download this game and firefall (the only mmo's i haven't tried) but that shooter aspect of it turns me away completlely. do we know of any games that are catering to the oldschool everquest/swg/daoc nerds, besides the survival/zombie games coming out?

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by GraThom
    Originally posted by vveaver

potato tomato tomato orange... what is fun?

i personally don't like shooter style gameplay, so you lose my interest at the core concept of the game.

i don't like mmo shooters either they feel as if they cater too much to call of doody/counterstrike redbull maniacs. what sucks is, i've been looking for a new mmo to play since archeage (i bounced from that when i saw what a shit show trion was doing with it) and i've reaslly been trying to force myself to download this game and firefall (the only mmo's i haven't tried) but that shooter aspect of it turns me away completlely. do we know of any games that are catering to the oldschool everquest/swg/daoc nerds, besides the survival/zombie games coming out?

I usually don't like shooters, but I like Firefall...a lot.  Red 5 is ten times better than Trion.  The combat kicks ass in Firefall and we have jet packs (and gliders and motorcycles). Just remember to keep moving or you will become a bullet sponge. Good story line too if you are into that. 

• I think the game stays fun if you don't play for ridiculous amounts of time every day.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,197
    Originally posted by jonesing22
    I think the game stays fun if you don't play for ridiculous amounts of time every day.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I agree with everyone else....as a CB tester myself, the game was more fun before they implemented many of the changes. Very similarly to how Wakfu has gone through a plethora of changes since inception...it too has become less fun for me for many of the same reasons. They are both still good games, just hard for vets to enjoy after everything they've killed/nerfed.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by lindzzamora

I'm actually enjoying the current build of the game. I have not personally played the previous "version" but have read a lot of things about it and even then, I feel I would still like the game as it is now that what it was. Heck, I've purchased some beans already.

If you had played the previous versions you would not say that.

We use to have the canyon of hellbugs, ha, those were good times, in an area the size of a football field with a mountain on one side and the station on the other you could count like 10-12 thumpers going on and wave after wave of bugs, dude that was awesome. The old timers remember that stretch of narrow canyon where we went up the mountain and there were several small areas where you cold drop thumpers and the bug fest started.

It is not the same now.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY