Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge and Lineage2

renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
As a veteran Lineage2 player I really hope ArcheAge is similar but with better graphics´,animations.....    Can someone that played both of them compare them please? Thank you in advance!! :)

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
Add Multi-Quote

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Having played Lineage 2 since closed BETA (off and on) and after spending a couple months in the AA beta, I can tell you they have very little in common.

At end game, things may become a bit more similar, with the ability for guilds to build castles and raid one another, but AA is still not much like L2. AA does not have anything near the grind L2 has, AA has much more to do, especially as far as crafting. PvP wise, AA wins again.

As mentioned above, guilds can build castles and be raided, you can become a pirate (think perma-red in L2 without being punished as much once you become red). A trial and NH system, although I admit the BH system was not working when I was playing AA. In short far more PvP options and quite a few PvE options as well, which L2 has always been lacking.

Bottom line, they are completely different games with not much in common. IMO AA is a far superior game, but I expect some people will disagree with that assessment.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

Its not the same but it does have some elements you feel familiar with.

You have to try it yourself bro, there are beta keys going out today or tomorow so check out the Archeage offical forums and make an account on:

Alienware site

MMOHUT site

MMORPG you got one already here so ;)

Rixty site

Try it yourself, join a guild even if its not a guild your staying with.

Also check out some tube vids or live streams to get yourself informed.

I am having tons and tons of fun and i wasnt even expecting much of this mmo when i first heared of it.

I was wrong on just about every level :P

• ArimosArimos Member UncommonPosts: 10

I played Lineage 2 for 5 years starting with C2 and it's probably the game I enjoyed the most from all the mmos i tried and i tried most of the major ones. The main reason I would say  was the community in L2 and competition between guilds all the backs stabbing and player driven politics.

I did try AA for the last two beta tests and wile I cant tell much about community yet the game it self fells a bit clunky to me.

The game just don't feel smooth wile am playing and the animations are not that impressive, surly not even close to the pretty fleshy animations in L2. I don't know if the game is gonna look like this when they release it but graphically is nothing special.

I was really looking forward to his game for its crafting and PVP and hopefully I can get over the some thing that are annoying me but like some ppl say if the game does not have that certain feel for you when you try it no matter how hard you try to like it  it its just not gonna happen.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

As a Lineage 2 player  that's being playing for many years I will say that ArcheAge does not come close to what Lineage 2 was. I was hoping it would be a Lineage 2 like game to tide me over till Lineage 3 but its not.

Lineage 2 is the king of pvp in my book and nonthing has even came close.

Olympiad games, Ceremony of Chaos, Castle Sieges, Fort Sieges, Full Open World PVP, PVP Arenas ( Giran Arena and Gludin  Arena ), PVP Coliseum ( Aden Territory ), and Duels. Even had the Territory Wars for a while till they took it out.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

I would try it for my self,but i just know that if level 1-30 is as boring as most people say i wont want to repeat it.. so il just wait for open.      I guess i shouldnt have my hopes hige then.        >Playing like a priate sounds awesome and looks like you will have alot of pvpv,to bad you dont drop your items when you die :/  the risk reward factor for me is what made L2 so fun to PK in !! ^__^

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote