Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

These recruit a friend threads

etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152
I see a bunch of codes being thrown out but no instructions in how to use them. I looked through google searches and mog station and the support to figure this one out but nothing. They say just to download the trial which is done but no where to enter a code. Any help would be appreciated...

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

Comments

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

this one for PC at least, if i remember correctly.. Go log into Mog Station -> Account Services tab on top left and there should be a button to enter it.. something called like.. "enter recruitment code" or something on it like that. cant see the button myself as my account is long since beyond new.. :)

also a shameless plug for a unused code i got, feel free to use it if you want to: A4E9JCUD

• etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by koira1

this one for PC at least, if i remember correctly.. Go log into Mog Station -> Account Services tab on top left and there should be a button to enter it.. something called like.. "enter recruitment code" or something on it like that. cant see the button myself as my account is long since beyond new.. :)

also a shameless plug for a unused code i got, feel free to use it if you want to: A4E9JCUD

I see no option of this, just enter a serial code, so confusing lol.

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

that is odd.. ill try makign a dummy account and see for myself.. should have it sorted in a minute.. if the email from SE comes fast for change.. :D

• FufulupaFufulupa Member UncommonPosts: 6

etharn, send me a PM with your email address, and I will email you (from mog station) with a nifty little email that will set you up quick and easy!

View my post here for further instructions.

PM me if you need any help, and lets get you playing Final Fantasy!

Originally posted by Fufulupa

etharn, send me a PM with your email address, and I will email you (from mog station) with a nifty little email that will set you up quick and easy!

View my post here for further instructions.

PM me if you need any help, and lets get you playing Final Fantasy!

i did send myself an friend email, it doesnt contain info on how to apply the code it self. which is the cause for OP's question

Some new info if it helps..

1. the button disappears if you have entered the code at some point,

2.have entered a retail key and/or added game time

and heres a pic..

• etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152

Well, I don't even get those options. Only wants me to put in a license for the game. As far as the email goes the info is limited as well. Tells me who my friend is that wants to me to play, which server, and the code. Gives a link to mog and thats about it. The wording make it seem like you need to purchase first before even using the code at all, which doesn't make sense. 

Originally posted by etharn

Well, I don't even get those options. Only wants me to put in a license for the game. As far as the email goes the info is limited as well. Tells me who my friend is that wants to me to play, which server, and the code. Gives a link to mog and thats about it. The wording make it seem like you need to purchase first before even using the code at all, which doesn't make sense. 

hm.. the forums and reddit wasnt much help on this as i been digging info.. but it could be that you need a game serial code before you can enter it.. which is sort of wierd and on one point makes sense but that friend code would need to be entered before getting game time on the said account (the 30 days that comes with game purchase does not count)..

• SteelwraithSteelwraith Member Posts: 9
    I'm looking into this as well, waiting on the confirmation email for a dummy account. Maybe you need to purchase the game, but not purchase any game time?

Beware the ghost in the machine

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by etharn
    I see a bunch of codes being thrown out but no instructions in how to use them. I looked through google searches and mog station and the support to figure this one out but nothing. They say just to download the trial which is done but no where to enter a code. Any help would be appreciated...

People bypass entire systems to get these codes; they are supposed to put their friend's email in the recruit a friend section of their account, but they instead send an email to themselves to get a code and then place it in forums hoping someone will snag it.  This oft leads to them not even telling people what is int he email they got, and those who want to try get frustrated.

Personally, I've been having people just message me with their email and I send them a legit code and email that doesn't bypass the system as a whole.  It's a lot slower for both parties, but it gets the job done.  Though I have had a person or two ask me why I needed their email since others just give codes outright.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • SteelwraithSteelwraith Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Personally, I've been having people just message me with their email and I send them a legit code and email that doesn't bypass the system as a whole.  It's a lot slower for both parties, but it gets the job done.  Though I have had a person or two ask me why I needed their email since others just give codes outright.

That's why I decide to post the codes; I wouldn't give my email address to a stranger either.

Here is a copy of the actual recruit email:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station
    http://sqex.to/Msp

Your friend has invited you to join over 2 million adventurers worldwide in the realm of Eorzea.

[Recruitment Message]
    Hey, have you tried FINAL FANTASY XIV?
    It has a great story, amazing graphics, and the combat is fun and fast-paced.
    We've been looking for a game we can play together, and I think this could be it!

Register a service account using the invitation code below when you subscribe to the game, and you'll receive an exclusive in-game item reward.
    Recruitment Code: XXXXXXXX

* Please refer to the page below for more details on bonus items.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/
    * Recruitment codes are valid for 120 days after they are generated.
    * The invitation code can be used for the Windows(R), PlayStation(R)3, and PlayStation(R)4 versions of the game. Please refer to the page below for more details.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/

For questions related to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and Square Enix Accounts
    Visit the Square Enix Support Center
    http://sqex.to/WXr

-------------------------------------------------------
    For inquiries regarding products and services, please visit the Square Enix Support Center.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1&id=496

Beware the ghost in the machine

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    Register a service account using the invitation code below when you subscribe to the game, and you'll receive an exclusive in-game item reward.
    Recruitment Code: XXXXXXXX

Friend recruitment codes are for people that are purchasing or resubscribing to the game. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe signing up for the trial is a separate matter.