Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Yet it costs labor points to use....smart.....So I can either go after 25 nodes or report someone and wait for them to be reported 4 more times until they are "investigated"....
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    Yet it costs labor points to use....smart.....So I can either go after 25 nodes or report someone and wait for them to be reported 4 more times until they are "investigated"....

other way around, they give you 25 labour points for reporting someone, and if its confirmed, you receive another 25 labour points, which means there is a massive incentive to report bots, so much so that it wouldn't surprise me if players actively hunted down botters just for the rewards, it seems Archeage just turned their players into vigilantes, or maybe bounty hunters image

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

Daaayum !!!!

Bots are going to be getting a miserable time <3

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222

Lol wut?

Maybe try reading the link before bashing...

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Reporting of bots never was the issue in any MMO I played. Even withouth any reward. Many people (myself included) always reported bots. The info about bots was always there for the companies to use.

The question is how a company then handles the bot problem. Warnings, temporary bans are useless. Only solution is perma ban and account deletion. In a F2P game even this might not help. Then it becomes a continuous chore which most companies are not willing to keep up.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    It's F2P. Nothing can help against bots.
  • AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Phry

other way around, they give you 25 labour points for reporting someone, and if its confirmed, you receive another 25 labour points, which means there is a massive incentive to report bots, so much so that it wouldn't surprise me if players actively hunted down botters just for the rewards, it seems Archeage just turned their players into vigilantes, or maybe bounty hunters image

"I received the 25 Labor Points back for reporting the bots plus an extra 25 Labor Points with confirmation that the account was banned"

Quote from the link

1. pay 25 LP to report the "bot"

2. IF it was a bot and the acc gets banned, receive 50 LP (25 you paid +25 reward)

They have to make you pay LP first or ppl would spam it to generate LP. Imo it isn't worth giving up 30-50min of gametime just to report someone.

edit: in the linked story the person reported 3 players (75LP ) and got 50 LP.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    They also prevented multiboxing through no autofollow feature. That was something I liked seeing as on twitch I saw the guy who did 40 boxes on wow was doing 8 boxing or 7 boxing on archeage alpha, or at least trying to and raging hard at it. (preparedwow).
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Arthasm
    It's F2P. Nothing can help against bots.

That's the biggest BS statement ever. ESO and Wildstar are invested by bots as well and those are subscription MMOs...

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Alumicard

"I received the 25 Labor Points back for reporting the bots plus an extra 25 Labor Points with confirmation that the account was banned"

Quote from the link

1. pay 25 LP to report the "bot"

2. IF it was a bot and the acc gets banned, receive 50 LP (25 you paid +25 reward)

They have to make you pay LP first or ppl would spam it to generate LP. Imo it isn't worth giving up 30-50min of gametime just to report someone.

edit: in the linked story the person reported 3 players (75LP ) and got 50 LP.

It seems a broken way to go about it. There's no way to give a reward for reporting bots without someone trying to exploit it so they put a cost on it and they're back to " it's not worth my time"

The best way to get players active in reporting bots is just have a GM send the people who reported the bot a thank you tell  telling them the bot was banned ( after actually banning the bot ). Knowing something was actually done about it and seeing the bot gone from it's farming location, would be all the reward most people would need. 

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

bashing the game at al cost, even if you look stuipid

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Niburu

bashing the game at al cost, even if you look stuipid

DId he just bash without reading ?

Hahahahahahahahhahahha what the hell is wrong with these people LOL.

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375

Actually he is correct. It costs 25 lp to report a suspected bot. if your right your get your 25 back plus a bonus 25. If it isn't a bot you lose the 25.