Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do NOT pay Founder for this game

Comments

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I open every coin purse. Mine ,chop,gather or otherwise interact with every resource I run across. I craft light to moderately and have never NOT spent LP when it presented the need. 

I have never run out of LP or even come close. Guess I'm not sure what others are doing in game..except perhaps crafting 24/7. Especially the poster who was only 9th level.

How positively Puritanical.

I'm playing the game wrong..it's obvious.

Oh well..I love it anyway.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

VERY biased review, but oh well.

Played CB2, did have Patron Status. Never ran into a LP problem. Its not a simple game. You need to plan out what you want done. Then use your LP accordingly.

Build 4 farms, 1 house and a clipper. With friends. Friends who also planned, cause they arent Patrons.

Thats was several packs of stone bricks, 1 iron pack, 1 contton pack, and 2 lumber packs. PLUS gathered most of the materials.

I do not understand why people have a hard time with LP. Well, maybe I do. They dont know how to budget. Simple as that.

Peace. Seeyou in the next Beta!

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

I love threads like this no matter what game it is about.  Starts out Don't buy this because I say so and ends up into an arguement about anything else.

Bottom line for ANY game, research it, get into beta or a free trial if you can, then decide for yourself.  Don't go listening to anyone who says DO or Don't buy because I say so.

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by cerulean2012

I love threads like this no matter what game it is about.  Starts out Don't buy this because I say so and ends up into an arguement about anything else.

Bottom line for ANY game, research it, get into beta or a free trial if you can, then decide for yourself.  Don't go listening to anyone who says DO or Don't buy because I say so.

So say we all o/

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I think at this point we have heard most fo the same complaints sooo.

I think it is time for Trion to talk to the community and tell us their intentions.I see it as a bad design and imo you NEVER make a game WORSE to justify a cash shop system.A cash shop is suppose to support a f2p game not ruin it,that is why i like to hear Trion's side of the story as to why the whole LP idea and what it is SUPPOSE to accomplish.

Since LP tackles almost every single aspect of the game,we would need to hear a very in depth explanation by Trion because it is not a simple idea.Auto kick is something i have scoffed at for years,i never had to worry about it during my FFXI years yet seems every single dev is worried about a few pennies a day.IMIO all an auto kick system does is support botting/RMT and hammers the legit players again not a good idea.

My problem with Trion is like so many devs they like to hide behind websites as their ONLY form of community relations,they seem to never want to talk to the people that really matter,the PLAYERS.

First of all, I LIKE the LP system, I feel it adds a nice layer of micro management to the game.

Second of all the LP system has nothing to do with Trion, it was implemented from day 1 by the games devs and has always been part of the games framework. So I am not sure why you are getting at Trion about it.

See...my research is uncovering a hell of a lot of mis-information out there about this game....

... that and regarding your second point ... the Auto-kick feature?  It's a necessary feature.  There is nothing worse than logging into a game and seeing hundreds of AFK zombies all over the place.  It also serves to put undue stress on servers causing lag thereby making the gaming experience that much worse for those who are actually playing the game.  If you want to get credit for playing the game, you should actually be playing the game not at work or sleeping.   

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    I've been playing Alpha for a while now. A lot of misinformation in the OP. Do your own research on the game and decide if it sounds fun for you.
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by BalianWolfie
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Labor points and cash shops......Thats all I need to see......I'll never play this game !

Have no idea why people against this when LP is a way for game to profit (incentive to purchase) and a powerful tool to limit how much one can affect economics as a whole. I mean, surely WoW in-game economics are SO GREAT thanks to the greedy gold-digging goblins. Enough said.

About cash shop / sub, you really need to evaluate what they really do, without bias. You will only realize, as far as cash shop for alpha / beta phase, it's purely for convenience and looks.

You are incorrect a person can still affect the economy by making multiple accounts.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by MMOredfalcon
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    Thanks but I'm having more fun than I've had in years in a mom...

Years in a mom? I donno, but standard issue is about 9 months in a mom.....

I've been in a mom (not mine) for much longer. 

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I started doing some gathering and crafting and quickly ran out of lp.  That forced me to take a time out and step away from the computer and do some things around the house.  If it was a workday I would probably just leave the game open to accrue more lp that way.  Not really that big of an issue and I kind of feel neutral towards it.

I think AA will maybe be a game I occasionally distract myself with when my primary mmo's server is down or I'm bored. 

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    @JadzYa

even an even smarter solution, pay the sub, support the game and have next to no LP worries...

The reason you are feeling the restrictive nature of the LP system is because you are playing as F2P...what do you expect, the same LP as a paying customer?
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

I can imagine an AA without Labor, and I don't want to. The hardcores would own 200 farms and massive operations, flood the economy, make it impossible for casuals to keep up in regards to making coin.

It would be like the early 1900s with monopolies and "the 1%"

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

I paid for the account and have gripes about the game, many of them the OP commented on. One thing that has not been a problem is the LP issue. I have nearly 3,000 in stock and that's after some heavy adventuring and hours of crafting/farming.

The only cash-shop item to help with LPs are the equivalent to paying for a small percent of the monthly fee. They're for the Free player to give him a boost instead of paying for a full sub fee. Subscribers really have no sue for them as, I mentioned, we have plenty to spare at any given point in time.

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    @JadzYa

even an even smarter solution, pay the sub, support the game and have next to no LP worries...

The reason you are feeling the restrictive nature of the LP system is because you are playing as F2P...what do you expect, the same LP as a paying customer?

I don't think that is the issue he is citing, its more to do with that the F2P model is so hostile that its off-putting to get into a sub. For example, I don't care much about this game, but I tend to "try" games out. From what the OP is saying is that the game is fun, but you are met with heavy restrictions. When I feel like I am being shoe-horned into a sub it tends to kill any joy I get from the game. 

Its most likely why I'll play this game for a couple of days and quit in comparison to a game like TSW which I always go back to and play for a while and drop some money, then I have a break and go back a couple months later and do the same. TSW always gets my business, will AA? For me, most likely no, and the same will apply to others like me. 

Just for the know, I actively sub to FF14, I buy all dlc for TSW and play AoC on and off. I also heavily support PoE. Not an MMO I know, but their payment model works for me. 

Point being, there are lessons to be learned. Will Trion? I have not seen any evidence to indicate so. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by jadzYa
    Originally posted by Terranah

I started doing some gathering and crafting and quickly ran out of lp.  That forced me to take a time out and step away from the computer and do some things around the house.  If it was a workday I would probably just leave the game open to accrue more lp that way.  Not really that big of an issue and I kind of feel neutral towards it.

I think AA will maybe be a game I occasionally distract myself with when my primary mmo's server is down or I'm bored. 

Let's see how you afk to make LP when you get auto-kicked or get the client to force close every 10 minutes...

Over the weekend I left the computer logged in overnight every night, and never experienced a disconnect or force kick.  In fact, while others reported lag and other issues, I had none, not sure why I was so fortunate.

I decided last night to just log out and I came back to 3300 LP's, so as a founder I guess the amount of regen will be sufficient.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jadzYajadzYa Member UncommonPosts: 44
    @JadzYa

Pay founder for a game that disconnects me every 12 minutes? Thank you, but I think I will wait a while :D

Intel Extreme Series Core i7 4820K
    ASUS P9X79
    2x G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC SLI
    Samsung 256GB 840 Pro

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

So basically some guy has computer trouble with a game and we get a 9 page thread saying the game is bad.

Personally I had ZERO issues with the game.  Game performed better than most.

And it was fun and gave me a taste of the full game.  I'll definitely be subbing if not buying a founder's pack for early access.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by JDis25

I can imagine an AA without Labor, and I don't want to. The hardcores would own 200 farms and massive operations, flood the economy, make it impossible for casuals to keep up in regards to making coin.

Can't players just buy LP to do this?

• jadzYajadzYa Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by Greymantle4
    Originally posted by JDis25

Can't players just buy LP to do this?

LP is only "produced" in 2 ways. Natural recovery (online/offline rates, different for paying customers and "freeloaders") and some cash shop potions with a 12h (I believe) cool down. So you can buy "a little" help, but not spend a car worth of money on LP and just spear ahead.

I beleive, I am a freeloader and only played a little beta so some of the more advanced details of the game elude me.

Intel Extreme Series Core i7 4820K
    ASUS P9X79
    2x G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC SLI
    Samsung 256GB 840 Pro

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

A lot of misleading statements in the OP.  The game plays well, has solid combat, very stable, and some amazing systems. 

It's easy to get into, but very hard to master.  I've been through 2 closed beta's now and I've only scratched the surface of the farming/crafting/trading systems.  I did get a farmers workbench built however and have a nice little farm going for beta 3.

This is one of the most intelligent games to come along in a long time.   Don't be fooled by the misleading quest tutorial however.  The first part of the game is just to get you acclimated with the systems and the world.  I think this could be presented better, but once you get into the sandbox, its amazing. 

Only thing I would ask for is to add some item decay (which was in the Korean closed beta) to keep crafters working hard down the road. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Demrocks

Labor point system is perfect, it makes people think about where to spend it on and not farm 50000000 logs and iron and wreck the whole economy.

I like that system, in 15 minutes i made 50 gold and that was the 1st time i used the auction house, its like in Eve where everything is player build / crafted.

There is always a suplly demand system going and thats awesome.

Labor system is something you need to micro manage it aint that hard....and it sure as hell doesnt suck as bots cannot go out and keep wrecking the enonomy...even tough any mmo these days will have bots that migt find a way.

But there's no limits on wrecking the economy, trading items purchased form the cash shop is there?

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

But there's no limits on wrecking the economy, trading items purchased form the cash shop is there?

Which items are tradable?

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Tsumoro
    @JadzYa

I don't think that is the issue he is citing, its more to do with that the F2P model is so hostile that its off-putting to get into a sub. For example, I don't care much about this game, but I tend to "try" games out. From what the OP is saying is that the game is fun, but you are met with heavy restrictions. When I feel like I am being shoe-horned into a sub it tends to kill any joy I get from the game. 

Its most likely why I'll play this game for a couple of days and quit in comparison to a game like TSW which I always go back to and play for a while and drop some money, then I have a break and go back a couple months later and do the same. TSW always gets my business, will AA? For me, most likely no, and the same will apply to others like me. 

Just for the know, I actively sub to FF14, I buy all dlc for TSW and play AoC on and off. I also heavily support PoE. Not an MMO I know, but their payment model works for me. 

Point being, there are lessons to be learned. Will Trion? I have not seen any evidence to indicate so. 

I see what you are saying but as far as I know the only restrictions are LP which as I said I fully support if you are playing for free or not being able to place farms etc....which again, is necessary to stop people creating multiple free accounts and clogging up the available land, preventing paying customers from using it.

These measures may seem restrictive but they are so for a good reason. Its not like F2P players in AA have to pay real money for extra toolbars, clothing options or to be able to carry more than X gold like other games. Now THAT I could see a gripe with, THOSE things would be needlessly punishing the F2P player into buying a sub.

The restrictive measures in AA all appear to be about protecting the game and not some arbitrary restrictions designed to "annoy" you into subbing.

• bigronbigron Member Posts: 42

I played the beta and loved it, but I'm a fan of high quality KRPG games like Tera and Aion and this is a more sandbox-y version of that.

The LP I don't think are that bad on their own, but there will be botting because of this. And unlike fishing bots and the like, which stay in the same place for 36 hours, these will be a bit harder to detect for 3 reasons: 

1) they're going to be moving 

2) reporting people costs LP, so most folks will probably just chuck these folks on the ignore list instead

3) crafting is a key component of the game

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    Thanks but I'm having more fun than I've had in years in a mom. I'll play, and pay the sub!

oh my

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by StarI
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Which items are tradable?

http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Cash_Shop

Overview

Being a free to play game, ArcheAge's primary source of income is from the purchase of the game's micro-currency, known as Script. Players can obtain Script either directly from the cash shop using their real money or buy it using regular game currency(gold) from other players who purchased it from the cash shop.