It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Just read this on SWTOR forum - rumor too good to be true? Or there is something in it... At least we can have some fun spaculating.....
Here is a sourse:
- The story of the game is expected to go on for another three and half years, though servers are still expected to stay up as long as the game has an active audience. Focus will gradually shift to the sequel (which is already in early development) as time goes on. In the meantime, funding for the game is expected to go up once following the new expansion, and continue to stay at a higher rate.
- A “New Game Plus” feature will be added to The Old Republic once the story has been completed. The mode will tweak the leveling function and alter the experience of early planets. Certain characters introduced later in the story will appear earlier in the campaign if certain requirements are met. An abundance of items that will make certain aspects of gameplay less repetitive are to be added.
- A console port of the game will eventually hit the market.
- The Togruta species will join the list of playable races, along with “some ugly thing” that the writer didn’t recognize.
- Same-sex romantic options will be implemented into the game.
- Cross-faction cooperation can occur on some planets, usually justified by story reasons.
- An engine-revamp will occur over time through the expansions. Controls will be slightly modified in the process.
- The “Sith Inquisitor” class/character will return for the sequel.
- The Frostbite Engine 3 – which publisher Electronic Arts is using for several of its titles (including Star Wars Battlefront) – will be used for the sequel.
- Player characters from The Old Republic will reappear in the sequel; that is to say, a player’s character from the original game will appear in the specific story arc of the player’s new character in the next game (albeit in the form of Holocron messages or something to that effect). A similar feature was included in the sequels to BioWare’s Mass Effect, where moral choices from previous installments would carry over in the sequels.
- The forthcoming Galactic Stronghold expansion will have ties to (you guessed it) Episode VII, and that a plot-important planet from the movie will make their way into the game. Presumably, said planet will also be important in-story. The primary antagonist of the game, the Sith Emperor Vitiate, will also be an influential figure to the antagonist of the Episode VII, although he may not be mentioned by name.
- The “Forged Alliances” quest will feature a plot point that will be crucial to the ending of the overarching story arc of the game.
- The story arcs of player characters will (of course) be continued and concluded with the coming expansions.
- The final arc of the story will revolve around Vitiate’s power being completely restored, and all eight of the classes (Sith included) play some part in defeating him once and for all. The story will end with a cataclysm that shakes the foundations of both the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, setting the stage for the sequel.
Again, keep in mind that this is all of this is still just coming from a rumor, albeit a very extensive and detailed one.
Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E