Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why SOE is going to screw-up this entire IP

13»

Comments

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Originally posted by JeroKane

I can agree on one thing and I think many will agree with that.

And that is, that John Smedly has been on the helm for far too long and needs to be replaced by someone else.

He has made so many bad decisions over the years. And I mean really bad ones. Not to mention lying to your customers time and again. He would make Pinochio proud!

In any other private Company, he would have gotten the boot years ago. How he is still at the helm at SOE. Totally baffles me.

At Luke Skywalker will be playable in H1Z1.

lol

• InfantryonlineInfantryonline Member Posts: 113
    Sony games aren't mainstream but they have TONS of content. I glad their games aren't geared for the mainstream because nearly every game there fizzles out in a month or two. Every Sony game is geared for years of play. It gives me something to do.

...That's essentially what being smug is. Acting like you're so blatantly right that even the thought of someone disagreeing with you is appallingly stupid and comical. you have a good chance of bullying them into believing you.

• ClippersNBAClippersNBA Member Posts: 39

Smedley is definitely the problem.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well I am enjoying SOE's latest games.. PS2 is a blast and Landmark is coming along really well with the addition of combat its even better now.

I dont think SOE will screw up their entire IP at all.

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by noncley
    Originally posted by Quicksand

SOE's brave but ultimately failed attempt to rival World of Warcraft. 

1.)  EQ2 Launched before WoW did, it began development before WoW did. EQ2 was the sequel to the largest and most successful MMO to date when it launched, WoW was the very first attempt at an MMO by a company who built its success on a single player IP.

- WoW was Blizzards ultimately successful attempt to rival EQ2

2.)  Calling EQ2 a failure by any standard only makes you seem like you have no idea what you are talking about and that you are only another hater that's trolling SOE.

I think you may be being too literal.

Just because EQ2 launched first does not mean that it was not intended to rival Blizzard's WoW. And, as we know, the drastic changes that took place within both EQ2 itself - and other SOE games such as SWG - were designed to make the games more like WoW.

And, of course, EQ2 is a failure - if you compare it to tjhe subscriber numbers and revenue streams of WoW. It's fruitless to try to argue otherwise.

I have been playing MMO games now - including such SOE games as EQ, EQ2, SWG and Vanguard - for more than tebn years so, as a customer, I am qualified to talk about my experiences of this company.

By your terrible, failed logic, EVERY MMO to date has been a failure.  No one has hit WoW numbers, and I would wager Titan/WoW2 will be the ONLY game that might ever. EQ2 was FAR from a failure, and claiming it was based solely on "it didn't have a bazillion subs" is idiotic.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra
    Originally posted by Quicksand

SOE's brave but ultimately failed attempt to rival World of Warcraft. 

1.)  EQ2 Launched before WoW did, it began development before WoW did. EQ2 was the sequel to the largest and most successful MMO to date when it launched, WoW was the very first attempt at an MMO by a company who built its success on a single player IP.

- WoW was Blizzards ultimately successful attempt to rival EQ2

2.)  Calling EQ2 a failure by any standard only makes you seem like you have no idea what you are talking about and that you are only another hater that's trolling SOE.

I think you may be being too literal.

Just because EQ2 launched first does not mean that it was not intended to rival Blizzard's WoW. And, as we know, the drastic changes that took place within both EQ2 itself - and other SOE games such as SWG - were designed to make the games more like WoW.

And, of course, EQ2 is a failure - if you compare it to tjhe subscriber numbers and revenue streams of WoW. It's fruitless to try to argue otherwise.

I have been playing MMO games now - including such SOE games as EQ, EQ2, SWG and Vanguard - for more than tebn years so, as a customer, I am qualified to talk about my experiences of this company.

By your terrible, failed logic, EVERY MMO to date has been a failure.  No one has hit WoW numbers, and I would wager Titan/WoW2 will be the ONLY game that might ever. EQ2 was FAR from a failure, and claiming it was based solely on "it didn't have a bazillion subs" is idiotic.

EQ2 was an attempt to take over after EQ as the big MMO and that it did indeed fail, and sadly not really because of any gameplay reasons but because a really bad launch and a crappy engine.

But even if they failed with making the next big game after EQ EQ2 still did pretty well for itself, I subscribed myself for over 5 years and the game have had plenty of subs during the years so calling the game in itself a failure is just wrong.

Even so, if SOE put in some more money from start (EQ2: 12M$, Wow 60M$ in budget by launch) and hired in a few better programmers it could have been the big one.

I agree that it is time for Smed to leave over to someone else, he have been a ceo for many years now and it is time to pass the torch to someone else.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Let me try and grasp the subject:

EQN Landmark is going to fail and Smedley should step down because........you don't like the art style of EQN Landmark?

EDIT: Also, way to completely ignore Planetside 2. Because that would only contradict your arguments, right?

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

This thread reads exactly like GameGate-Bait now that I go back and look at the first impression and timing of it.  Why the hell can't we just escape this subject?  For 10 years or more now we've had this nonstop issue of games not being inclusive.  But everytime it's discussed, it's by the same group of idiots on BOTH SIDES arguing about goddamned superficial crap like what the characters look like.  It's almost never about the depth of the mechanics and the accessibility of the "fun".   These idiots need to stop focusing on what separates us, and look at what it is we can all have an enjoyable time playing.

I knew plenty of women who played complex or competitive games like EQ, EVE, Gw1, UT, TF2, secondlife, SC, Dota, APB, PS2  ...some kicked my ass on a regular basis.   Meanwhile this isn't even a competitive game.  If it fails to attract a large following like many of those, it won't be because of its graphics or costumes.  Eventually we'll be able to BUILD those skins ourselves through the playerstudio.  If it fails, it will simply be because the tools and fun mechanics of creating and effectively socializing in it were not accessible soon enough to females, males, and children alike.