Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The discovery of unidentified plants was the most intersting thing I found in the game

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

That and finding out they led to plants and seeds you can't get from a vendor.

I just logged out of ArcheAge for the last time.  Have fun.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Comments

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

Thanks for sharing that. Very interesting and informative post. 10/10.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Wouldn't finding plants you can't get from vendors be good? You can then sell them at high prices.
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Maybe they were the illegal kind. You could farm it, create a syndicate. Become a powerful cartel and rule with an iron fist.

Too ambitious?

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    Wouldn't finding plants you can't get from vendors be good? You can then sell them at high prices.

Some don't see the value in that.  It's combat or nothing.  All day long.  24/7.

It was probably that rare plant that's worth millions.  Oh well.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Hmmm

Not only am I not clear on why he quit the game ,  I am a little unclear as to why he even plays games at all?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by LacedOpium
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

Some don't see the value in that.  It's combat or nothing.  All day long.  24/7.

It was probably that rare plant that's worth millions.  Oh well.

It's the only thing about the game I found interesting. There are too many other games that I find more interesting for me to spend anymore time in this one.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Cool.  I'll tuck that info in with things I should know for release.  Unfortunately, that's the only thing I found interesting about your thread.  I'm sure I'll find much more in AA though!
    Originally posted by Borluc
    Cool.  I'll tuck that info in with things I should know for release.  Unfortunately, that's the only thing I found interesting about your thread.  I'm sure I'll find much more in AA though!

That hook needs some bait on it. 

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by Grunty

Your one up on me. The most interesting thing I found was nothing. The start of AA was so boring I logged out and uninstalled. I know the game is suppose to change around level 30 from what I read but I will never make it.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Greymantle4

Your one up on me. The most interesting thing I found was nothing. The start of AA was so boring I logged out and uninstalled. I know the game is suppose to change around level 30 from what I read but I will never make it.

Its hard to find anything when you don't look.

Honestly,  you two simply weren't meant to play the game.  It isn't the game's fault, its yours.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by whisperwynd
     Maybe they were the illegal kind. You could farm it, create a syndicate. Become a powerful cartel and rule with an iron fist.Too ambitious?

o/ Finaly someone that thinks out of the box !!!
    You sir won the post of the day !!!

But dont give the themepark boys anymore ideas now, they might walk away from the questhub and do something that opens up a whole new world.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Maybe they were the illegal kind. You could farm it, create a syndicate. Become a powerful cartel and rule with an iron fist.

Too ambitious?

But dont give the themepark boys anymore ideas now, they might walk away from the questhub and do something that opens up a whole new world.

Clearly, there's no danger of THAT ever happening, lol

I've read countless posts in the last month filled with complaints about the fact that "the game didn't entertain me". Themepark-babies "know" that you don't walk away from the quest hub or the breadcrumb trail, because "there's nothing there to do" and "it's not an efficient way of levelling".

AA will never be a blockbuster success in the western market. I doubt any sandbox game will be, because freeform games demand that players actually have to think and make difficult decisions. The modern attitude of mainstream western gamers is that if you can't have everything in the first month of fairly casual play, the game isn't "fun".

And you know what they say, a game should be "fun", not "hard work"...

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Too ambitious?

Clearly, there's no danger of THAT ever happening, lol

I've read countless posts in the last month filled with complaints about the fact that "the game didn't entertain me". Themepark-babies "know" that you don't walk away from the quest hub or the breadcrumb trail, because "there's nothing there to do" and "it's not an efficient way of levelling".

AA will never be a blockbuster success in the western market. I doubt any sandbox game will be, because freeform games demand that players actually have to think and make difficult decisions. The modern attitude of mainstream western gamers is that if you can't have everything in the first month of fairly casual play, the game isn't "fun".

And you know what they say, a game should be "fun", not "hard work"...

I so hate that old rhetoric...

"The game should be fun not work" is just so meh....

When I played SWG I had no need for quest hubs, or bread crumbs or gear treadmills to keep me playing. I had an ever evolving list of all the things "I" wanted to accomplish and once I had learnt how the game worked you can bet your ass I set about achieving them with no other incentive or "rewards" required.

Some of those acheivements took years to finally tick off my list (damn you Ewok crossbow)....

Never mind all of the PvP and GvG warfare.....I recently watched some AA vids on YT done by a guy called StoneLegion I think, vids like Fishing, Underwater treasure hunting and mining, Diving down to see the Krakens lair, How to build a boat, how to do a trade run etc etc....

Never mind anything else the game has to offer I'll be playing just based on those things alone as the game appears to give me the freedom to just do my own thing :)

The mechanics in the game seem amazing to me, the fact that the fishing boat has working winch hooks for carrying the larger fish species, working lamps, working harpoons and winches on the clipper, working cannons etc....the fact you can just sail around looking for concentrations of gulls as an alert to fish concentrations...and that was just the fishing / boats!!!!

I especially loved the little extras in the game like the air tanks needing that 5 min charge time....

I loved the video on how you place a temp dock and actually "build" your boat....

Finally it looks like we have a game that you can actually exist in again and "work" towards your own goals instead of playing it for 4 weeks, rushing to max and ditching it for something else :)

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Can I have your seeds ?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Why do you think Trion continues to keep it in "alpha"? The mystery of AA and not knowing about it fully is far more appealing than AA itself.

Fact is they probably make more money having it in alpha. Fans can pretend that "it's not finished yet!" and the only people who pay $150 for some virtual stuff and alpha access are the die hard fans who previously played such classics like Atlantica online, Elsword and Runescape. I can see how the game is a blast if that's your MMO history.

I'm with the OP. Picking up unidentified plants, creating a house and shooting at someone on the ocean is about as wild as this game gets. The rest is straight out the Korean meat grinder.

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by SuperNick

Why do you think Trion continues to keep it in "alpha"? The mystery of AA and not knowing about it fully is far more appealing than AA itself.

Fact is they probably make more money having it in alpha. Fans can pretend that "it's not finished yet!" and the only people who pay $150 for some virtual stuff and alpha access are the die hard fans who previously played such classics like Atlantica online, Elsword and Runescape. I can see how the game is a blast if that's your MMO history.

I'm with the OP. Picking up unidentified plants, creating a house and shooting at someone on the ocean is about as wild as this game gets. The rest is straight out the Korean meat grinder.

And conversely, if your mmorpg history is limited to the turgid themepark treadmill factories that we have gotten so used to in the last 10 years, I can see why you would not enjoy AA.

I guess it can be difficult to have fun without the breadcrums telling you where and how to enjoy the game :)

Now I would never ever pay $150 for a beta so I have not played the game but am following it closely, even if we forget the PvP/GvG wars, sieges and naval combat, or forget the three faction piratical shenanigans or forget the cool looking trade runs.....I would still play the game for the soft features like fishing, treasure hunting, crafting, farming etc etc....

Is all good though, different strokes for different folks....

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Can I have your seeds ?

That just sounds so wrong on so many levels, lmao

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Hmmm

Not only am I not clear on why he quit the game ,  I am a little unclear as to why he even plays games at all?

I'm betting its not to find plants.

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

When I played I saw some appeal to it.  As said earlier there are things to do beyond questing, some that take cooperation to make them work or work more effectively.  If you are a loner then you should be expected to play the loner game of questing after questing.

AA is a combination of other games features, so nothing new and innovating really with this game.  It just has more things to do then some.  Though I guess, there is no game that's out now or coming out that offers anything new or will.  Only thing you can expect are better graphics from some in the future.

Otherwise I'd say you are bored with MMO's or getting burned out so you pick and complain about everything you've seen from another game, and yes that's true you have and will always see it in this and other games.

Least you got to test it and not make the commitment of paying a founders fee.

Originally posted by Elsabolts

Can I have your seeds ?

Sure, I've got black pepper and 1 or 2 others on the first server. The ones I can't remember I found in closed beta 1 and are in the warehouse. My avatar there is about 28 and on the Eastern Island.

I've got a couple of pieces of Wild Gensing on one of the servers (maybe the second server Namia?) Those should be of some value to someone. They instantly restore 25,000 HP. I get the impression Wild Ginseng can't be cultivated. My avatar there is on the Western island and /might/ be 10 and still in the starter area.

On both servers I've got a few tree saplings that also can't be purchased.  I looked for water plants to harvest and found the seas to currently be dead. And I'll give you what I harvested from wild growth.

PM me here with an avatar name and their level range on each server and where to meet using your email here.

All these children trying to insult me can go fuck a duck.

I like your traffic stop image but I prefer hard cider.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

This game is going to pull me away from Themeparks I can feel it already. It is so unique, it feels like that first time I logged into World of Warcraft. Sure I played Rpgs before that, even dabbled in MMOs but WoW was so different, streamlined, and full featured.

Archeage is giving me the same feeling. I no longer care about dungeons, battlegrounds or other recycled ideas from MMOs long past. And AA gives that to me in spades. That being said, it isn't a perfect game, but right now it is the ONLY game of it's kind with any worth (completely my opinion here).

There are many, many more MMOs that you can find that are pure themepark. OP If you know a better MMO with sandbox features but still offers a traditional MMO experience (many abilities on skillbar, levels, no action combat please) please let me know.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

And conversely, if your mmorpg history is limited to the turgid themepark treadmill factories that we have gotten so used to in the last 10 years, I can see why you would not enjoy AA.

I guess it can be difficult to have fun without the breadcrums telling you where and how to enjoy the game :)

Now I would never ever pay $150 for a beta so I have not played the game but am following it closely, even if we forget the PvP/GvG wars, sieges and naval combat, or forget the three faction piratical shenanigans or forget the cool looking trade runs.....I would still play the game for the soft features like fishing, treasure hunting, crafting, farming etc etc....

I mean, lets not sit here and pretend that AA doesn't start off like a typical "turgid themepark treadmill", because it starts EXACTLY like one. More like AION 2.0... Now it MAY open up at later levels, but then again so does ALOT of games..

I feel that games with systems like those found in this game are better off when they can be accessed from the start. Be your OWN type of hero! Instead it's, "Be THIS hero and then maybe sometime in your future you may want to look at these other things too.."

The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but as in the hype train for various classics such as Guild Wars 2 and Age of Conan , DON'T BE UNREALISTIC.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Borluc

That hook needs some bait on it. 

I agree right from your first post OP ....no bait no way to set the hook

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Vyeth
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

I mean, lets not sit here and pretend that AA doesn't start off like a typical "turgid themepark treadmill", because it starts EXACTLY like one. More like AION 2.0... Now it MAY open up at later levels, but then again so does ALOT of games..

I feel that games with systems like those found in this game are better off when they can be accessed from the start. Be your OWN type of hero! Instead it's, "Be THIS hero and then maybe sometime in your future you may want to look at these other things too.."

The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but as in the hype train for various classics such as Guild Wars 2 and Age of Conan , DON'T BE UNREALISTIC.

This right here explains my problem with the game and really any game for that matter. Waiting to get to a certain point to get the full benefit of what the game is really about is ridiculous. 

What happens to the people who love the walk in the park along the lit path until the road abruptly ends and they're scratching their heads thinking well shit I just time and/or money. Then there are those who would love the style of gameplay late in the game but what they're shown in the beginning is a completely different monster so they toss it in the shitbin.

Tired of games that begin at the end. Can't we have a game that begins and never ends?

Except, level 50 is not the end, it's the beginning.  Seriously people, its an MMORPG not an MMOFPS.  Therein lies the difference that so many of you just . don't . get.  MMORPG's involve a journey.  If you want a game that you are at end game as soon as you log in, those are called an MMOFPS.  Play those.  Geesh!