Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one ?

2»

Comments

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    Originally posted by Dr-i-sS

If GW2 or TESO were good I won't be trying AA :)

I'm just saying that their gameplay mechanics are at least modern

i cant judge you for your opinion because i also have mine

Whoa no need to get reasonable and all that.

• kresa3333kresa3333 Member UncommonPosts: 64

I think the bigest mistake Archeage did was adding the boring leveling system, they could give the players an option to go where they want after maybe a small tutorial island and have the quests as just another thing to do in the game for reputation or items etc... but having this leveling barrier will keep many players away that simply cant be bothered with spending many hours on something they hate and bored off just to get to the intresting part ( i am not one of those people but i do know and read about many that are ).

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

That thinks that the gameplay and combat system just sux ? I mean yeah there is a lot of cool features in  the game, but the base is just terrible so what's the point ? clicking/tabing to target ? seriously ?

For me gameplay and combat system are just ok, not great but not terrible either.

And the graphics.. omg they are so overrated by people..

I like graphics of AA, dont see nothing wrong with it.

The sea envoriment for example is one of the best i ever see.

I'm sure this game was cool when it was released 4 years ago in asia but now it just feels like I'm playing a browser game with outdated mechanics.

I try to respec everyones opinion but "browser game with outdated graphics"? really?

I mean no offense to people actually enjoying the game, it's just that I want to inform people that have expectations like mine..

You should start creating real expectations about games or dont crate none at all. Combat system and graphics is something easy to see in a few mins of vídeo gameplay, no need to create false expectations about this 2 features.

• EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229

I have to sort of agree with the OP. So far it's sort of underwhelming. It doesn't seem like a bad game I guess but I kind of expected a bit more for some reason. The game world seems rather flat and lifeless. The water is nicely done and it's nice that I could swim underwater but there was nothing in the water to do or even look at so is pointless to swim I guess? Just a vast, empty underwater of nothing. Quest mobs are bunched up in huge, lifeless masses like wandering zombies to be slaughtered by herds of questing players and they don't assist each other or do anything remotely different or interesting. EQ mobs were far more interesting to kill 15 years ago. The quests themselves are quite forgettable and follow the same tired quest hub structure of running back and forth from NPCs to quest areas several times and then moving 200 feet away and doing it again in the next area. Not even a slight hint at anything new there. 

The biggest letdown though is the gameplay. I generally prefer NW or ESO combat style these days but I don't mind that the game uses the classic tab targeting system so much as it doesn't feel like a great implementation of it. I didn't mind FFXIV's tab targeting system and my MMO roots are from EQ1. This just feels..clunky. Keep in mind I'm very low level so maybe that changes or something.

As a healer for example, I'm targeting a mob trying to kill it and to heal myself I have to change targets to myself, heal (for less than the amount of incoming dmg mind you) and then change targets again to keep attacking (but now I'm worse off than I was before attempting to heal myself). Most tab targeting games will default heals/buffs to yourself with an enemy targeted but with the dual purpose of heal spells in this game I guess that's out the window? Why does my heal spell act as a debuff/snare when I have the mob targeted instead of just healing me? I found that it's much simpler to just kite mobs around with circle-strafe and a bow then try to actually heal myself in combat. Sort of odd gameplay for a "healer". I realize that this will likely change with more levels but it's still very clunky and odd. If I wanted to kite with a bow I would have selected archer to begin with. 

Again, it doesn't seem like a terrible game but doesn't seem all that great, either. Just my initial impression at level 10 so that could change but first impressions matter. The best thing this game has going for it to keep you playing (early on at least) is that it would be free..which isn't a great selling point in and of itself IMO. I'll keep checking it out over the next couple days but I doubt I will be spending much time with that game even for free.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

They're not modern, just different. Aiming with a reticule has been around for years, just not in most MMO's until recently. It's hardly "new" is it?

And there are plenty of people around who prefer the tab target system and slower pace that  gives than the more active action style of MMO. To each their own. Both are valid options, it's just down to personal preferrence.

@EQBallzz

- The sea have alot to explore but i dont advice going only swiming, get a speedboat 1st. There is treasures in deep sea you can looking for.

- I think if you press "alt" you heal yourself without loosing current target.

- lvl 10 you allready have the 3 class's, if you are not liking how they work try diferente ones, you can respect any moment and lvl10 is a nice lvl to do some tests.

- I agree the inicial lvls doesnt give a great impression of the game, hapened to me too when try it for the 1st time. XLGames should have done a better game intruduction, 100% agree with this.

Note: my info is based pre 1.0, dont know if something that i mentioned had change with last patches.

• EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Originally posted by Jabas

@EQBallzz

- The sea have alot to explore but i dont advice going only swiming, get a speedboat 1st. There is treasures in deep sea you can looking for.

- I think if you press "alt" you heal yourself without loosing current target.

- lvl 10 you allready have the 3 class's, if you are not liking how they work try diferente ones, you can respect any moment and lvl10 is a nice lvl to do some tests.

- I agree the inicial lvls doesnt give a great impression of the game, hapened to me too when try it for the 1st time. XLGames should have done a better game intruduction, 100% agree with this.

Note: my info is based pre 1.0, dont know if something that i mentioned had change with last patches.

Hey thanks for the info. That alt key thing would have been handy to know in a tutorial or something. Still seems like an odd way to utilize spells. You develop a sort of muscle memory for certain spells so having to "learn" that one spell does one thing with an enemy targeted and another with friend targeted (or with alt pressed) seems like it will greatly confuse that muscle memory. Especially considering how many spells it looks like there are to choose from.

It wasn't really a matter of not liking a class..I wanted to role a healer but it didn't seem to be effective at all (at least early on). I'm sure that would change later. I may look at changing to a different class or something so thanks for that suggestion a s well. That's another thing that could have been made apparent in a tutorial but wasn't. I saw these other classes but had no clue how it all worked together or anything about respec'ing.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

They're not modern, just different. Aiming with a reticule has been around for years, just not in most MMO's until recently. It's hardly "new" is it?

And there are plenty of people around who prefer the tab target system and slower pace that  gives than the more active action style of MMO. To each their own. Both are valid options, it's just down to personal preferrence.

Well this is your opinion, but it seems like a cop out, no disrespect. I can't honestly believe people would prefer it over something like GW2 or Wildstars action combat. The ability to dodge and maneuver around an intelligent mob, or an arrow shot is so much more realistic. If I wanted slower pace I would choose a turn based game like Atlantica Online. 

For what it is worth though, the game does what it does well with what it has. It is smooth and combat is fun, just it isn't what it could be for me. And yes, I will probably play because it is an mmorpg, but I wish it had different mechanics.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

I agree with you, OP.

The game is 100% mediocre and feels incredibly dated. I can see the hype: a high budget title that isn't going to cost people a dime and can be run on crappy PCs - it's a huge market.

While some of the features and ideas are cool, I personally feel the weak mechanics and engine don't lend themselves to said ideas. Everything feels clunky, the PvP is a broken mess and the PvE is generic at best. Toss in an absolutely average storyline and a few other questionable design choices (really, we're still making games where you lose hours of work in PvP?) and hey presto you got mediocre.

Probably get fans rushing to the game's aid here in some kinda wild defense - don't bother. Responding with counters to my points is pointless because all of my points are MY opinion and won't be changed.

Originally posted by SuperNick

I agree with you, OP.

The game is 100% mediocre and feels incredibly dated. I can see the hype: a high budget title that isn't going to cost people a dime and can be run on crappy PCs - it's a huge market.

While some of the features and ideas are cool, I personally feel the weak mechanics and engine don't lend themselves to said ideas. Everything feels clunky, the PvP is a broken mess and the PvE is generic at best. Toss in an absolutely average storyline and a few other questionable design choices (really, we're still making games where you lose hours of work in PvP?) and hey presto you got mediocre.

Probably get fans rushing to the game's aid here in some kinda wild defense - don't bother. Responding with counters to my points is pointless because all of my points are MY opinion and won't be changed.

This is a fórum where its supose to post opinions and its what ppl are doing. And discuss opinions can be fun as long ppl respec others.

Only genius and dumbs dont ever change opinion, well im a normal person so yes i might change mine at some points thats why i like discuss fóruns.

You can post whatever you want about anything, no need to be so defense about a possible replie. 

Btw, your "opinion" is wrong because is diferente then mine and i know mine is correct image

Originally posted by bestever

God the complaints about this game are so sad. they must come from little kids. Seriously this game has been out long enough for people to know what its about but lets keep making dumb forum post about it. 

The game is fine, the combat is fine. If you don't like it just jump in and say you don't like the game and done. I'm sick of all these post about games these days that put games down for pretty much nothing. I know they are opinions but they are pretty sad opinions.

It is what it is, like it or not. Just because you feel one way about something doesn't mean someone else feels the same way.

I'm just sick of the crying about video games these days, you can't hit up a forum for five seconds and just have a good convo anymore.

Its always about this game sucks or that game sucks or this sucks in this game or that sucks in that game. Xbox one sucks or PS4 sucks.

What happen to gamer's?

l've made one post on these forums about a game that sucks and that was black gold and that doesn't mean I 'm right about it, just didn't like it.

Its time for gamer's to grow up and just play games and the games you enjoy. I'm done with this OH my god this game (put what ever you want) sucks. I think I'll just play game and find out for myself especially game that are free that cost me NOTHING.

Get over yourself and just game.

SAD

Holy Cow! That is a lot of complaining about complaining. o.O

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by Amjoco

God the complaints about this game are so sad. they must come from little kids. Seriously this game has been out long enough for people to know what its about but lets keep making dumb forum post about it. 

The game is fine, the combat is fine. If you don't like it just jump in and say you don't like the game and done. I'm sick of all these post about games these days that put games down for pretty much nothing. I know they are opinions but they are pretty sad opinions.

It is what it is, like it or not. Just because you feel one way about something doesn't mean someone else feels the same way.

I'm just sick of the crying about video games these days, you can't hit up a forum for five seconds and just have a good convo anymore.

Its always about this game sucks or that game sucks or this sucks in this game or that sucks in that game. Xbox one sucks or PS4 sucks.

What happen to gamer's?

l've made one post on these forums about a game that sucks and that was black gold and that doesn't mean I 'm right about it, just didn't like it.

Its time for gamer's to grow up and just play games and the games you enjoy. I'm done with this OH my god this game (put what ever you want) sucks. I think I'll just play game and find out for myself especially game that are free that cost me NOTHING.

SAD

Dam, now you are complaining about complaining about complaining.  I hate people who complain about people complaining.  

• nonstopaznonstopaz Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Crusades

That thinks that the gameplay and combat system just sux ? I mean yeah there is a lot of cool features in  the game, but the base is just terrible so what's the point ? clicking/tabing to target ? seriously ?

I've been playing mmos for the last 14 years, and I used to play games like these.. but nowdays after playing games like GW2, Tera or even TESO and Neverwinter Online.. I just can't stand it personnaly...

I'm sure this game was cool when it was released 4 years ago in asia but now it just feels like I'm playing a browser game with outdated mechanics. I mean no offense to people actually enjoying the game, it's just that I want to inform people that have expectations like mine..

Oh boy I can't wait to dig into the game that caused you to break that many years of pure silence. Speechless for 7 years, long hard years, but on July 30th 2014 after finally having enough, the silence is broken.

"I have such a miserable life that i spent all these last 3 months (2 OF SUMMER) lurking in this forum, typing all the useless shit no1 gave a fuck about. And now i judge people who has less posts than me but also have an older account. I feel like my life is getting better each day"

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    These threads are fucking stupid.  Almost as stupid as my response.  The circle continues.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

Originally posted by PioneerStew

What happen to gamer's?

SAD

Dam, now you are complaining about complaining about complaining.  I hate people who complain about people complaining.  

No complaining from me! I'm all about pointing out facts now and again. This entire site is a huge complaint. haha

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

What happen to gamer's?

SAD

No complaining from me! I'm all about pointing out facts now and again. This entire site is a huge complaint. haha

What?  Now you are complaining about the entire site??? Will the complaints never end?? 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

I've been playing mmos for the last 14 years, and I used to play games like these.. but nowdays after playing games like GW2, Tera or even TESO and Neverwinter Online.. I just can't stand it personnaly...

I'm sure this game was cool when it was released 4 years ago in asia but now it just feels like I'm playing a browser game with outdated mechanics. I mean no offense to people actually enjoying the game, it's just that I want to inform people that have expectations like mine..

the people are so desperate for an open world pvp / sandbox game, that they play whatever they get.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

What happen to gamer's?

SAD

What?  Now you are complaining about the entire site??? Will the complaints never end?? 

Vicious cycle isn't it? Now you are caught up in it! muhahaha

• popezaphodpopezaphod Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Originally posted by Xatsh
     Those that want WoW style game with traditional combat. Play FFXIV:ARR

[...]

If you hate the endgame raid progression, want a traditonal feel, horizontal designed, large guild based game with open world PvP and strong economy. Play Archeage.

Actually, if you want WoW style game with traditional combat, play RIFT.  I tried FFXIV:ARR and couldn't stand it.

I am a fan of endgame raiding, tend to dislike PvP, and am wary to get "close" to a guild just to watch it splinter over drama.  So I am thinking I should stick with RIFT for now.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

I agree with you OP. This game has been over rated by the media and the players.

After playing mmo's since Ultima Online all the way through to ESO I feel that Arche Age brings nothing new to the table. ESO, TSW have moved away from that generic mold that WoW has set, but newer mmo's are having a really hard time trying to come up with anything new.

I have been gaming since the age of 8 years old when the ZX Spectrum hit the shelves in my local shop, and started playing on the PC in the late 90's. I am sick and tired of mmo's doing the same thing over and over again. They will never get what WoW had so lets just leave it at that and start from fresh.

The best MMO's for me at present on the market right now are Eve Online, Elder Scrolls Online and The Secret World.

Arche Age is just meh seen it all before kill quests, collect this and that, cut scene where some guy randomly tells me of another life my character use to live.... errm nope they didn't. It is all so blatant in Arche Age. Yes we get the same things in ESO and TSW but at least they are hidden behind a story that draws the players in and involves them as much as possible.

In Arche Age, make character and pop into the world,,, hit by tutorial windows and then a npc asking you to pick up some fruit.... of for fuck sake piss off. Where is the sandbox? level 50? Why do I need to max level to enjoy a sandbox world?

Just another themepark mmo to me. If players enjoy the game then all the more power to them and I hope they get many hours from it. As for me not my type of game and I will stay a long way from it.

• FingzFingz Member UncommonPosts: 139

I don't think gameplay and combat mechanics were ever the big draw for this game.