Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

APB: Reloaded: Open Conflict Patch Deployed with New Anti-Cheat Feature

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,658MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Reloaded Games has announced the deployment of the latest update to APB: Reloaded. Called "Open Conflict", the patch bring the new "Fair Fight" feature into the game, a server-side mechanic that keeps an eagle eye on all players to ensure that all things remain above-board.

Key Features of the Update:



  • FairFight is the revolutionary server-side anti-cheat solution that now protects APB Reloaded. Players can now feel safe knowing that their opposition is being actively monitored for mischievous activity, just as FairFight also protects other top games like Titanfall® and Battlefield 4®. FairFight works in conjunction with existing anti-cheat systems, and publicly broadcasts and shames every hacker it bans in real-time.  FairFight employs advanced algorithmic analysis and cheat detection methods far beyond the capabilities of other solutions and its server-side approach means that it can never truly be bypassed by hack programs.


  • Open Conflict is a new matchmaking mode that means quicker matchups, more play time and fun. Open Conflict selects your opponents based on availability rather than skill, leading to more entertaining and unexpected firefights than previously permitted. 


  • Character settings are now persistently saved in the cloud for player convenience. This means that if you play from another PC, your account settings will conveniently move with you.

Read more on the APB: Reloaded blog.

image

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,537Member Uncommon

    Putting it mildly... It have been some popcorn worthy days of people claiming to be legit and a few hours later getting the boot... =)

     

    For being cheat prevention by spread-sheat it seems to be working... In fact i think i will e-mail EA and ask kindly if they can put this in to NSF:W too... that game is over run by cheaters that most normal people have stopped doing open races.

  • rvhausenrvhausen San Antonio, TXPosts: 26Member
    Things do seem to have gotten better.  Unfortunately, the population is low enough that noobs (or perpetually mediocre players like me) are pretty much guaranteed to be matched up against veteran / gold-calibre players.  It can still be a lot of fun though.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon

    Lol, it all smells a bit of desperation ?

     

    A new matchmaking mode that will match anyone on "availability" rather than "level/gear" ? Sounds like "We don't have enough players for proper matchmaking, so we'll just randomly throw together the few we DO have"...

     

    Also sounds like cheating is such a major problem in the game that it's a big deal to announce new "anti-cheat" software which is the latest-and-greatest. Of course, it will only ban that F2P cheater account AFTER they've killed you with an aimbot a few times... ;)

  • sui2ksui2k berlinPosts: 14Member
    "fair fight" is a joke on APB, beside that FF already implemented months ago, it will also flagg players who got a lots of kills in each mission he does. so u don't need to cheat, u get banned just for beeing a "pro" in this game. 
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon
    A little too late I think...

    Smile

  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,537Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sui2k
    "fair fight" is a joke on APB, beside that FF already implemented months ago, it will also flagg players who got a lots of kills in each mission he does. so u don't need to cheat, u get banned just for beeing a "pro" in this game. 

    So far it seems to be doing the job... And it has yet to ban the really pro people... It have taken out some "pro" people that was using... "performance enhancers"... But beyond that it seems to be doing a  good job. But i guess anyone who cheated a little would be kind of angry now.

     

    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

    A new matchmaking mode that will match anyone on "availability" rather than "level/gear" ? 

    Agreed, it is a fairly big problem... But "level/gear" is not really an issue as in most situations the starter weapon you get will do you very well. The bigger problem is the skill/experience gap that happen when people either artificially lower their tier or are forced to go in to a lower tier due to lack of players.

    It has also been a kind of requested feature for along time to have a mode that is a bit more open.

     

     

  • DracogeekDracogeek Grants Pass, ORPosts: 24Member
    I don't even like PVP and I enjoyed this game when I originally played it. The hackers killed it for me really quick.

    In one mission, two of us were pitted against one person. He kept doing one shot kills. I went to sneak through a nearby building to get the jump on him. He met me halfway in the building and one shot me again.
  • eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon
    I'll try it out again, hopefully this anti-cheat measure helps out. The hackers ruined this game for me but I loved the customization. APB is second to none in that regard.

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

  • TalonsinTalonsin Posts: 1,478Member Uncommon

    I have always liked this game but the crazy amount of hackers drove me away time and time again.  I might give it a go again this weekend and see if FF actually works. 

     

    I dont understand why they have such a hard time with the matchmaking system.  Why not give bronze players a 1, silver a 2 and gold a 3, then when matchmaking put an even number on both sides.  You have a gold against 3 bronzes or 2 gold against 2 silvers and 2 bronzes.  Sure some people would artificially lower their rank but for the most part it would be better than putting a newb against a seasoned gold.

     
  • grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,874Member Uncommon
    Loved this game and its potential.  Hackers and Reloaded Games horrible horrible management and dealing with blatant cheating drove me away. 
  • DeanGreyDeanGrey Fresno, CAPosts: 154Member
    Originally posted by Dracogeek
    I don't even like PVP and I enjoyed this game when I originally played it. The hackers killed it for me really quick.

    In one mission, two of us were pitted against one person. He kept doing one shot kills. I went to sneak through a nearby building to get the jump on him. He met me halfway in the building and one shot me again.

    This isn't true because it is impossible. The problem is that many people don't know how to play so they chock someone elses skill up to cheating. It is impossible to get 1 shot kills, hacks can't do it. The only way I could see it happening is if you take a rocket to the face.

    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

    Lol, it all smells a bit of desperation ?

     

    A new matchmaking mode that will match anyone on "availability" rather than "level/gear" ? Sounds like "We don't have enough players for proper matchmaking, so we'll just randomly throw together the few we DO have"...

     

    Also sounds like cheating is such a major problem in the game that it's a big deal to announce new "anti-cheat" software which is the latest-and-greatest. Of course, it will only ban that F2P cheater account AFTER they've killed you with an aimbot a few times... ;)

    Many who play the game have wanted to see ranked matchmaking go away. Perhaps population is playing a role, I don't know. They did listen when people specifically asked that they look into Fairfight and we also now have an open conflict option. I get more responsiveness from the Reloaded team than I have from any tripple-A mmo.

    There aren't as many cheaters as people make out. The game is just brutally unforgiving. I almost always maintain a high K/D because I am a better player than many others. I get hackusated 24/7. There are players who can absolutely destroy me every which way, they get hackusations to an insane degree even by what I get.

    The game has been getting updates regularly for years now with many new features. If people want a good PvP game then this is a great one. It also boasts, hands down, the most in depth character customization in any MMO released and in development and that extends to player vehicles.

    They are also updating the game from Unreal Engine 3 to 4 but that is a monumental task given that they have said much of the Unreal 3 code is custom to do things that weren't possible so some of the community is rightfully skeptical.

    The game is far from going anywhere.

  • Cramit845Cramit845 Port Ewen, NYPosts: 343Member Uncommon

    I have been playing this game for awhile now.  I have recently not logged in as much cause of RL and new games taking up some time but I have had a blast in this game.  I will say that there are times that it seems there have been cheaters.

    However as stated above many people who are just good players get hackusated on a regular basis and it has even happened to me who is middle of the road skill wise.

    It really is a great and fun game but it is unforgiving to be sure.  I will definitely do the update and check out this new patch however the population has definitely dwindled which is one of the reasons it was easy for me to put down.  Very happy to hear about this patch.

    image

  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sui2k
    "fair fight" is a joke on APB, beside that FF already implemented months ago, it will also flagg players who got a lots of kills in each mission he does. so u don't need to cheat, u get banned just for beeing a "pro" in this game. 

    yea, because it's allways the innocent getting banned. 

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • kinidokinido WisconsinPosts: 368Member Uncommon

    Just recently started playing ... after the FairFight release, and as a new player - this game is amazing.

     

    The community is actually pretty cool as well.

    It's 100% worth trying over - as you see the FairFight ban notes every few minutes on people who are hacking, and now you can report people as well to quicken the bans.

    There are a lot more lower levels as myself, I barely ever am in a game that is unevenly matched with all golds vs silvers/bronzes.

    PM if anyone makes a Crim on Joker ;) .. names Fruitee.

     

    PS - All mammals have nipples.

    Get over it already.


    image

  • grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,874Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Cramit845

    I have been playing this game for awhile now.  I have recently not logged in as much cause of RL and new games taking up some time but I have had a blast in this game.  I will say that there are times that it seems there have been cheaters.

    However as stated above many people who are just good players get hackusated on a regular basis and it has even happened to me who is middle of the road skill wise.

    It really is a great and fun game but it is unforgiving to be sure.  I will definitely do the update and check out this new patch however the population has definitely dwindled which is one of the reasons it was easy for me to put down.  Very happy to hear about this patch.

    When I mentioned cheaters, these were people that actually showed up on the name and shame.  Also, in that game it isn't too difficult to spot an actual cheater.  And while what you said has some merit, I've not known many cheaters to admit they were actually cheating.  There are good players but come on, the game is known for its cesspool of cheaters.

  • blackjoker86blackjoker86 sandy springs, GAPosts: 9Member
    Ok the FairFight is a step, plus you can report players in-game and fairfight will watch that player reported. APB still has a long ways to go before i invest my money back in it

    image

  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,680Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    A little too late I think...

    Not according to APB fans. Anyone that's played a few months ago can log in now and tell you the districts are swarming with players compared to what it was before this patch. 

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,680Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kinido

    Just recently started playing ... after the FairFight release, and as a new player - this game is amazing.

     

    The community is actually pretty cool as well.

    It's 100% worth trying over - as you see the FairFight ban notes every few minutes on people who are hacking, and now you can report people as well to quicken the bans.

    There are a lot more lower levels as myself, I barely ever am in a game that is unevenly matched with all golds vs silvers/bronzes.

    PM if anyone makes a Crim on Joker ;) .. names Fruitee.

     

    On Joker, too. Name is Unsafe. 

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • DeivosDeivos Mountain View, CAPosts: 1,817Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DeanGrey

    They are also updating the game from Unreal Engine 3 to 4 but that is a monumental task given that they have said much of the Unreal 3 code is custom to do things that weren't possible so some of the community is rightfully skeptical.

    No they're not. They're updating to Unreal 3.5, a modified/updated version of the same engine.

     

    The problems with updating within the same engine is still immense though, as several changes in how the base engine stores and calls data has caused Reloaded to have to look through how to redo the way they render models. So a lot of rewriting of stuff is in order regardless.

    "The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners."
    - Thomas B. Macaulay

Sign In or Register to comment.