Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

GT Highlights Destiny Beta: Its a little bit of everything

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,552Member Uncommon

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lidayp/sacra-terra--kiss-of-death-destiny-beta

Its got certain features from mmos mixed with the best of single/coop gameplay

Its got the feel good of BF/CoD/Halo mixed with a little Mass Effect

I think bungie just struck gold with this one.

Comments

• PhryPhry HampshirePosts: 6,290Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lidayp/sacra-terra--kiss-of-death-destiny-beta

Its for very small groups and your mostly alone, its not a persistent world but yet again, a heavily instanced one, much akin to the old Guild Wars, where there is a 'town' where you meet players and then go off into an instanced world in a small group. Destiny would really have trouble competing with just the BF games, simply because they allow more players to play together, all in all though i think Bungie has struck Iron Pyrites, superficially it might look a bit shiny, but scratch the surface and you get rust, if it even manages to achieve Titanfall's level of success i would be surprised, and who plays Titanfall anymore image

• AeanderAeander Walker, LAPosts: 522Member Uncommon

It's good. It's very good, from what I played.

My only real concern with it is this:

Does it have enough depth? Three classes without a whole lot of defining skills. Roles seem to be underplayed and there doesn't seem to be any particular group cohesion mechanics. Skill customization seems to be on the low end. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you'll eventually just unlock the whole skill tree rather than making any significant choices.

All in all, it doesn't seem like it offers complexity on par with an RPG - and is even outdone by Firefall in the build-customization aspect of the MMO Shooter genre. 

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,552Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

Its for very small groups and your mostly alone, its not a persistent world but yet again, a heavily instanced one, much akin to the old Guild Wars, where there is a 'town' where you meet players and then go off into an instanced world in a small group. Destiny would really have trouble competing with just the BF games, simply because they allow more players to play together, all in all though i think Bungie has struck Iron Pyrites, superficially it might look a bit shiny, but scratch the surface and you get rust, if it even manages to achieve Titanfall's level of success i would be surprised, and who plays Titanfall anymore image

Destiny is more about online PvE (Dungeons, Public Events and open world content) than PvP so it really wouldnt compete with BF or CoD.  And its PvP is a more of a refined version of Halo and thats a very good thing.   When I say its a mix of all those games, I mean its controls, movement and weapons "feel" good like those games did but Destiny improved upon them.

Its beta is already more successful than Titanfalls release.  I hear nothing but good things about it from from the majority.  Yea I dont even know how you can compare this to Titanfall, which was just 6v6 multi-player pvp.

You could say Destiny is like the WoW of First Person Shooters.  Like how WoW took the best things of past mmos and made it better, Destiny is doing that with the FPS genre.