Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's terrible

13»

Comments

• Neobloodline3dNeobloodline3d Member CommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by Demrocks

Played quite a few western mmo's and i was shocked how bad the latests batch of these mmo's were.

They dint even last longer then 3 weeks before the carrot on a stick mechanic kicked in and made me unsub and run away realy hard.

Yet with Archage 5 months russian server and 6 weeks alpha i still cant get enough of it.

Maybe its you OP ?

Goodluck with whatever mmo you bash next o/

Sort of curious if you paid 150 dollars to play the alpha. 

• beowulf2014beowulf2014 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Neobloodline3d

Played quite a few western mmo's and i was shocked how bad the latests batch of these mmo's were.

They dint even last longer then 3 weeks before the carrot on a stick mechanic kicked in and made me unsub and run away realy hard.

Yet with Archage 5 months russian server and 6 weeks alpha i still cant get enough of it.

Maybe its you OP ?

I Paid the $150 for the Alpha. You see, I have been playing MMO's since Everquest was launched and Prodigy was still a service. I've played many triple A MMORPG's along the way, and liked some, as well as disliked some. Some that I Have enjoyed are Vanguard, SWG, GW2, and Aion (there are many more that were good, but these I felt were above good at points).

I have played AA in RU, and then got into the alpha (by got, I mean I paid for founders pack for both me and my wife). We have been in for months and still haven't capped everything that you can do in the game. It is a really good sandbox imho. I'm not sure where you get the idea that it's "terrible", but it seems you haven't reallly tried the game out more than a few hours before making a rush judgement?

• beowulf2014beowulf2014 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

OP, I guess you did not get the memo.  You are not allowed to trash any game in here unless it is called ESO and SWTOR.

You will get blasted on all angles if you voice your opinion like everyone bashing you did with those 2 games.

C'mon Az.,

You know the reason the person is getting a lot of heat is that the post wasn't really a review. It said a game was terrible without any detail to back up  that assertion. Nor, did he say it was an opinion. He just stated it as fact. As if because his opinion is that it's terrible, then it must be and we should all accept it.  Everyone has the right of course to like and/or dislike games. To have an opinion either way is of course a given. But, this guy just posted up gibberish.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Personally I really don't see the connection between FFXIV and your typical asian grinder. The game is very heavily influenced by western MMO's, there is no denying that. The only part of it that I would say lends itself to an eastern design is possibly the graphics. Everything from the combat, to the ui, to the leveling process is very much more akin to western themeparks.

As far as ArcheAge goes, this game is a far cry from your typical grinder as well. While I wouldn't say AA is the best game out there, it's definitely not the worst and has more than enough content beyond the "grind" to keep you busy. I haven't played it personally, but I will be in the upcoming betas, but from all the information I've read and seen, the game is anything but the typical eastern MMO.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Neobloodline3dNeobloodline3d Member CommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by beowulf2014
    Originally posted by Neobloodline3d

Maybe its you OP ?

I Paid the $150 for the Alpha. You see, I have been playing MMO's since Everquest was launched and Prodigy was still a service. I've played many triple A MMORPG's along the way, and liked some, as well as disliked some. Some that I Have enjoyed are Vanguard, SWG, GW2, and Aion (there are many more that were good, but these I felt were above good at points).

I have played AA in RU, and then got into the alpha (by got, I mean I paid for founders pack for both me and my wife). We have been in for months and still haven't capped everything that you can do in the game. It is a really good sandbox imho. I'm not sure where you get the idea that it's "terrible", but it seems you haven't reallly tried the game out more than a few hours before making a rush judgement?

I'm not the OP.   I was just curious how much you had invested in the game.   I actually know quite a bit about the game such as the texture popping problems,  the ping dependency problems,  the limited housing space and other space dependant problems. I also know a bit about the donkey runs and dated graphics compared to guildwars2 which has already been out quite a while.   I'm not reviewing the game yet though I'm just pointing out a few of the more obvious signs of trouble on the horizon once the crowd hits. I personally enjoy sandbox games and really enjoyed landmark for a week. I hope archage turns itself around but considering they're spending the majority of their time translating the thing I won't hold my breath.   They've got to skip updates across the pond to the publisher to get any substantial changes going and I personally don't think it's in the cards. Better more complete sandbox games are in the pipeline and will release before archage realizes it's potential. 

This discussion has been closed.