Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

justice system bounty trading

svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
With the upcoming justice system Im hearing that if you steal or kill same faction npc's that other players can kill you and collect a bounty.  Also, bounties can get pretty high.  So whats to prevent 2 players from working together to get unlimited bounty kills for fast cash?

Comments

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Lots of possible exploits...that's for sure. Can't give us players nice things these days.

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    That thought crossed my mind when I watched yesterday's Quakecon presentation.  They probably could implement a limit to how often you could collect a bounty from the same individual.  Perhaps they could even restrict collecting bounties from people who are guildies or are on your friend list.   I'm sure there are controls they could put in place.
  • OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Originally posted by Corvusco
    That is if you will be in the same phase :D

/addfriend...

/traveltoplayer...

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

that is a legit concern, But unless we get full detailed information, all this is useless and the best we can do is to present a Good none raged neat respectful thread in the game forums, suggesting our ideas.

but definitely not hear 

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by rafalex007

that is a legit concern, But unless we get full detailed information, all this is useless and the best we can do is to present a Good none raged neat respectful thread in the game forums, suggesting our ideas.

but definitely not hear 

ESO Justice System Preview (Stealing and Murder) - Quakecon 2014

The developer even mentioned players might come up with idea's the developers themselfs might not have thought of players doing.

Would also like to know to what extend town/city NPC can be killed. Can al be killed or just random NPC's in town that serve no pupose other then just being there?

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by rafalex007

but definitely not hear 

ESO Justice System Preview (Stealing and Murder) - Quakecon 2014

The developer even mentioned players might come up with idea's the developers themselfs might not have thought of players doing.

Would also like to know to what extend town/city NPC can be killed. Can al be killed or just random NPC's in town that serve no pupose other then just being there?

i saw this video and most of quakecon but honestly all it tells you that you can steal and kill npcs, so again we shall wait for information and present some ideas along with pools so devs can know what the majority (at least the ones who read the topic) wants, again any post should be in the game forums because this is where it most read by people who play the game.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    They hav basically put in a griefing system. Very few npcs will be untouchable, only quest givers and merchants. Npcs like bankers are free game. Oh yes I can see it now, me being v12 LOLing at all the newer players qqing as I kill their banker over and over . ANd loling at any scrub trying to pvp me off of it. Elder griefers online here we go.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    They hav basically put in a griefing system. Very few npcs will be untouchable, only quest givers and merchants. Npcs like bankers are free game. Oh yes I can see it now, me being v12 LOLing at all the newer players qqing as I kill their banker over and over . ANd loling at any scrub trying to pvp me off of it. Elder griefers online here we go.

I would assume that bankers would be immune to player Tom Foolery and shennanagins as well.   If not then, ... well ...*shakes head and shrugs*.

Either way too early to tell, however this is definitely a step in the right direction to get the game to resemble more of its namesake.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

So....from what I can tell we can kill the random pointless citizens. Considering almost everything is a quest giver. Should be interesting to see how they handle this, but I have a feeling they didn't think it through all the way.

It easy to turn a sandbox into a themepark. Its hard to turn a themepark back into sandbox.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by Bruhza

So....from what I can tell we can kill the random pointless citizens. Considering almost everything is a quest giver. Should be interesting to see how they handle this, but I have a feeling they didn't think it through all the way.

It easy to turn a sandbox into a themepark. Its hard to turn a themepark back into sandbox.

They will most likely add "non-essential" npc's precisely for this purpose.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Hopefully patches like thse ones will bring me back to the game soon :)
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by Zzad
    Hopefully patches like thse ones will bring me back to the game soon :)

Nobody likes quitters.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3