Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online has ~775,000 subscribers - report

14567810»

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by Malabooga
    Originally posted by lizardbones
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by allday88
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

They are not more credible than Knotwood (meaning anyone on the internet)

They are certainly not paid to release info company itself dont want released/goes to great lenght to hide even from shareholders, in fact, that info (IF the company ever shared it, which it would not in the first place) would be treated as confidential.

So yeah, they have as much credibility as Knotwood and their weight is same as every other "shit that passes for "evidence" around here." and should be respectfully treated as such.

I don't think anyone is paying Knotwood for his powers of prognostication or scientific guess work and I'm thinking no one pays you either. Superdata, OTOH, is getting paid for their research... so yeah, one hell of a lot more credible than either yours or Knotwood's biased guesswork for the purpose of making your respective pointed arguments.

You have a funny idea about Superdata, i mean honestly, you think Zenimax is going to pay them to do research, when all Superdata does is sell their 'data' to other companies, ie, would Zenimax really give Superdata confidential data that they in turn would then sell to their direct competitors in the market, and also pay them for the privilege, i don't think so.image

It's entirely possible they are buying research data from Superdata, and entirely possible the price they pay for data on other services is affected by the information they provide on their own services.  

To be clear,

• Are you suggesting that Microsoft, Google, Zenimax and these other companies are not paying Superdata in some way for their data, research and consulting? 
    • Are you suggesting that Superdata does not collect spending data directly from publishers and developers?

I'm just trying to figure out where this 'haha you believe them? image' stance you've taken in this thread comes from. 

Some idiot form marketing can at some point decide to waste some money on it (hint hint).

They of course collect whatever data they can, and then interpret the data to fill huge gaps they have in it, just like anyone on this forums can.

Some idiot "FROM" marketing...

Which can be interpreted as 'just about anyone' although i hear that if you use 'pie charts' it makes things look more professional image

True but the point of the exercise was if a poster is going to call someone an "idiot" it's helps if the poster uses proper spelling...

well, the idiots he is referring to are probably working for Microsoft etc, so surely we can forgive him a little finger trouble for that image

Yes, because it's logical to assume that the biggest developers of MMOs on the planet all have one marketing idiot who coincidentally makes the same mistake as his idiot counterpart in the other companies and is willing to pay money for worthless data to the same company.

The critics in this thread, OTOH, are NOT idiots. They have the superior  wisdom that posting shit anonymously on the internet brings.... (insert appropriate silly emoticon for emphasis here)

dude, youre so far far away...

no, MS DOES NOT buy "research" from superdata (no big company does):

https://www.linkedin.com/job/microsoft/director-market-research-jobs/

dudes, get a grip on reality rofl

one really has to question some things, its funny as hell but sad as hell at the same time....

Lyuba Kharitonova of CCP and Torrie Dorrell from Microsoft have purchased information from SuperData.  CCP isn't the biggest company around, but Microsoft is pretty big.

Now go back and see thesecond post.

And once and for all: superdata IS NOT SELLING INFORMATION, especiallly not CALSSIFIED COMPANY INFORMATION

ffs, educate yourself what these "consultant" companies even do for a living.

"Central to this subscription are the month-to-month revenue estimates of the major MMO titles, such as League of Legends, World of Tanks, Counter-Strike Online, Guild Wars 2 and others. For these titles we offer estimates on their monthly active users, conversion rate, average spending and total monthly revenue."

"Online games research

While the retail games market has long had standardized metrics for the performance of titles, the digital and downloadable games market has lacked such insight. Whereas units and sale prices of boxed games is sufficient for determining success, digital games require more detailed performance indicators. The Market Movers analysis is the only online games research that sheds light on the growing digital, online, and mobile games market. Using our sample of nearly 3 million paying digital gamers, this subscription allows for competitive analyses, forecasting, and performance benchmarking for the main drivers of change for genres and publishers."

Its not hard, really,it isnt.

Did you just reference an unsupported statement that you yourself made to support your latest post?  Yes, I think you did.  That's awesome, in the correct sense of the word.  I am in awe of your forum gymnastics.  We've gotten the highlighted text and largified/smallified text too.  I wonder if we can get all caps at some point.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
     Using our sample of nearly 3 million paying digital gamers, this subscription allows for competitive analyses, forecasting, and performance benchmarking for the main drivers of change for genres and publishers."

You understands why samples are used in statistics instead of whole populations don't you? Statistics 101...

Well then we can also use XFire, Raptr and anything alike bacause those are also samples.

Statistics 101

You dont even know what these guys do for a living, whoare their customers and what exactly they sell lol, as i said funny and sad as hell at the same time.

I took Business Statistics in school.  If you had taken it you would know why XFire, Raptr and the other stuff like that would be considered bad to use as population samples without a lot of additional information.

And you know superdata aint using exactly same sample: hint: yes they do.

When you prove that superdatas sample is more valid, and why, you may have something to say.

BUT

we are at least beyond the point of claiming companies leisurly give confidential data to superdata for superdata to sell it to others, even more, leisurely share it in public.

BTW did you send those emails?

I guess...its progress lol

Originally posted by Loktofeit

They are not more credible than Knotwood (meaning anyone on the internet)

They are certainly not paid to release info company itself dont want released/goes to great lenght to hide even from shareholders, in fact, that info (IF the company ever shared it, which it would not in the first place) would be treated as confidential.

So yeah, they have as much credibility as Knotwood and their weight is same as every other "shit that passes for "evidence" around here." and should be respectfully treated as such.

I don't think anyone is paying Knotwood for his powers of prognostication or scientific guess work and I'm thinking no one pays you either. Superdata, OTOH, is getting paid for their research... so yeah, one hell of a lot more credible than either yours or Knotwood's biased guesswork for the purpose of making your respective pointed arguments.

You have a funny idea about Superdata, i mean honestly, you think Zenimax is going to pay them to do research, when all Superdata does is sell their 'data' to other companies, ie, would Zenimax really give Superdata confidential data that they in turn would then sell to their direct competitors in the market, and also pay them for the privilege, i don't think so.image

It's entirely possible they are buying research data from Superdata, and entirely possible the price they pay for data on other services is affected by the information they provide on their own services.  

To be clear,

• Are you suggesting that Microsoft, Google, Zenimax and these other companies are not paying Superdata in some way for their data, research and consulting? 
    • Are you suggesting that Superdata does not collect spending data directly from publishers and developers?

I'm just trying to figure out where this 'haha you believe them? image' stance you've taken in this thread comes from. 

Some idiot form marketing can at some point decide to waste some money on it (hint hint).

They of course collect whatever data they can, and then interpret the data to fill huge gaps they have in it, just like anyone on this forums can.

Some idiot "FROM" marketing...

Which can be interpreted as 'just about anyone' although i hear that if you use 'pie charts' it makes things look more professional image

True but the point of the exercise was if a poster is going to call someone an "idiot" it's helps if the poster uses proper spelling...

well, the idiots he is referring to are probably working for Microsoft etc, so surely we can forgive him a little finger trouble for that image

Yes, because it's logical to assume that the biggest developers of MMOs on the planet all have one marketing idiot who coincidentally makes the same mistake as his idiot counterpart in the other companies and is willing to pay money for worthless data to the same company.

The critics in this thread, OTOH, are NOT idiots. They have the superior  wisdom that posting shit anonymously on the internet brings.... (insert appropriate silly emoticon for emphasis here)

dude, youre so far far away...

no, MS DOES NOT buy "research" from superdata (no big company does):

https://www.linkedin.com/job/microsoft/director-market-research-jobs/

dudes, get a grip on reality rofl

one really has to question some things, its funny as hell but sad as hell at the same time....

Lyuba Kharitonova of CCP and Torrie Dorrell from Microsoft have purchased information from SuperData.  CCP isn't the biggest company around, but Microsoft is pretty big.

Now go back and see thesecond post.

And once and for all: superdata IS NOT SELLING INFORMATION, especiallly not CALSSIFIED COMPANY INFORMATION

ffs, educate yourself what these "consultant" companies even do for a living.

"Central to this subscription are the month-to-month revenue estimates of the major MMO titles, such as League of Legends, World of Tanks, Counter-Strike Online, Guild Wars 2 and others. For these titles we offer estimates on their monthly active users, conversion rate, average spending and total monthly revenue."

"Online games research

While the retail games market has long had standardized metrics for the performance of titles, the digital and downloadable games market has lacked such insight. Whereas units and sale prices of boxed games is sufficient for determining success, digital games require more detailed performance indicators. The Market Movers analysis is the only online games research that sheds light on the growing digital, online, and mobile games market. Using our sample of nearly 3 million paying digital gamers, this subscription allows for competitive analyses, forecasting, and performance benchmarking for the main drivers of change for genres and publishers."

Did you just reference an unsupported statement that you yourself made to support your latest post?  Yes, I think you did.  That's awesome, in the correct sense of the word.  I am in awe of your forum gymnastics.  We've gotten the highlighted text and largified/smallified text too.  I wonder if we can get all caps at some point.

Well you seem to missed it, so i guess now its not so easy to miss.

It is awesome, isnt it? So little required and yet so out of reach.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
     Using our sample of nearly 3 million paying digital gamers, this subscription allows for competitive analyses, forecasting, and performance benchmarking for the main drivers of change for genres and publishers."

You understands why samples are used in statistics instead of whole populations don't you? Statistics 101...

Well then we can also use XFire, Raptr and anything alike bacause those are also samples.

Statistics 101

You dont even know what these guys do for a living, whoare their customers and what exactly they sell lol, as i said funny and sad as hell at the same time.

I took Business Statistics in school.  If you had taken it you would know why XFire, Raptr and the other stuff like that would be considered bad to use as population samples without a lot of additional information.

When you prove that superdatas sample is more valid, and why, you may have something to say.

BUT

we are at least beyond the point of claiming companies leisurly give confidential data to superdata for superdata to sell it to others, even more, shared in public.

You have very odd, but typical of the internet, idea about the burden of proof. He doesn't have to prove anything because he's not challenging the Superdata numbers. The burden of proof is totally on you.

We're looking at some summary data from a company whose business it is to provide that data and that many large gaming corporations do business with to get access to even better data and analysis.

Then come along the skeptical internet "experts" like you, with nothing to back up your claims that the data is flawed and you want us, who prefer to believe them instead of you, to prove it?

What were those two words again? ...oh yeah... "funny" and "sad"

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Statistics 101

BUT

we are at least beyond the point of claiming companies leisurly give confidential data to superdata for superdata to sell it to others, even more, shared in public.

You have very odd, but typical of the internet, idea about the burden of proof. He doesn't have to prove anything because he's not challenging the Superdata numbers. The burden of proof is totally on you.

We're looking at some summary data from a company whose business it is to provide that data and that many large gaming corporations do business with to get access to even better data and analysis.

Then come along the skeptical internet "experts" like you, with nothing to back up your claims that the data is flawed and you want us, who prefer to believe them instead of you, to prove it?

What were those two words again? ...oh yeah... "funny" and "sad"

Man, its only sad now.

This discussion has been closed.