Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My issues with Wizard 101.

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

First and foremost. While I have issues with this particular game. It does not mean I have a issue with Kings Isle. Nor is this a troll post.  I do play Pirate101 as I see it as a better game between the two.

What are the issues I have?

1. After 3 years Balance Wizards still have not been balanced. In arena matches they are still the dominant wizard class. In fact 8 out of 10 duels are a balance wizard. Would have thought this would have been fixed long ago.

2. To level up past 60 requires more than one player to do. This applies to many of the quests in Wizard101. Unlike Pirate101 which has content that can take you to the level cap.

3. Wizard 101 has become a money hungry game. What I mean is to get that uber gear in Wizard101 it requires crowns. No upper level in-game gear is equivalent to it. Thus you have to have crowns even if you are subbed. This is unlike Pirate101 where you can get nice gear as a subscription user.

4. Shameless promotion of Wizard101 crown items in game even if you are subbed. This is probably the most irritating thing to see in game. Almost everything you do minus some content wants crowns from you. Even though you are paying for a subscription.

These are my main issues with Wizard 101 and why as a player to Pirate101 I will no longer support nor subscribe to Wizard101. I write this post as Kings Isle needs to make some changes to this game. There are too many other games that offer better perks for a subscription than what KI currently offers in Wizard 101.

Sorry for the less than favorable opinions.

Comments

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Issues with a kids free to play game....wow
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST
    Issues with a kids free to play game....wow

I would love to see a kid get past 60 on his own! Better yet, get to 60 on his own!

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Come on guys the OP posted something genuine.  The game has been out for a long while now and been played or tried by several people.  The game is not horrible and does have a decent niche it fills.  There are some good adult references in game as well.

As for the post:

#2 been on both sides and there is clearly a huge advantage for balance.  Once you know how to play in PVP, its an unfair advantage and one of the reasons I left the game.  I wanted to play with different schools but balance always stood out and in the way if you were serious.

#3-4 No arguments for me and a reason I won't go back.  I tried and just couldn't get past the first few hours.  Even in that short time, both these issues were incredibly apparent to me.

• dixiegirl91dixiegirl91 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I have been playing Wizard101 for 3 1/2 yrs now and I do  a lot of solo questing. It is difficult at times especially at boss fights. However there  people who are good friends and we do not mind helping each other. I am an adult player but find the kids on the game are smart and have more game experience with other games and catch on pretty quick. Also there are quite a few people that help others when they ask for help. I feel that kids getting to lvl 60 and past lvl 60 is  usually not a problem for the ones who play. image