avoid this game at all costs

BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42

there flight model in this game is just absolutely terrible me using a biplane i had to cut engine power to 75% just to dog fight right and still could not stay on a EA six's very well got shooked off very easy at least world of warplanes flight model is far more forgiving if they just take away the annoying leading cross hair i be in there more and at least there i can stay on a EA six's better and when i was fighting with there biplanes i was able to kill on and off

 

its such a shame though that this game/mech warrior online are now the children of the world of war series it seems that the world of war series is now becoming another world of warcraft model clone or aka the child of that model i very much hope that all future free to play simulation games will not follow the world of war series model or its going to be very hard to find a enjoyable simulation game again... 

Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • GetzMangoGetzMango CT USAMember UncommonPosts: 182

    Umm, well, ok?

    I actually found THEIR flight model to be better than WoP.  Chalk it up to personal preference. As to your second paragraph, I have no idea what you are saying.

    Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

  • evilizedevilized columbus, OHMember UncommonPosts: 566
    This just in, planes are less maneuverable at higher speeds.

    So let me get this straight, you want people to avoid this game because it was too hard for you?

    FYI the flight model in WT is multitudes better than arcade crap that they have in WoWP.
  • Sargonnas77Sargonnas77 Louisville, KYMember UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by GetzMango
    Umm, well, ok? I actually found THEIR flight model to be better than WoP.  Chalk it up to personal preference. As to your second paragraph, I have no idea what you are saying.

    Props to you Getz, I'm still working on figuring what he was saying in the first.

  • cptndunselcptndunsel Orlando, FLMember UncommonPosts: 136
    it all depends - many of the FMs are (and have been) broken for a long time. The FMs that do work do so pretty well. That said - there are a lot of balance issues in the air game, compounded when 1.37 reduced 20 tiers to 5 Battle Rating groups, that make the game hard to enjoy.
  • BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42
    *haha the form guard protection cheerleader squad is here* to bad some of you forget the number one rule to always remember and that is the customer is always right  the people that made this game is the ones that need the money always and if i can't fly right then there is nothing exciting for me to spend my money on and for you guys to say arcade mode thats another way of saying you hate to work at putting more effort in...
  • tawesstawess LkpgMember RarePosts: 3,774

    WarThunder is slightly less arcadey the WoWP... In reality it only have the arcade mode because WoWP has it. The game really only shines in realistic and simulator mode.

     

    That being said i still think the flight model in WT is more accurate then in WoWP but i guess it is a matter of taste and previous experience.

     

    Now the good thing is that the game is F2P so it will in fact not cost anything to try out and being a free player is not overly handicapping... Grindy as all come heck... But not exactly handicapping.

     

    Also... Hate to break your bubble, but the customer is not only not always right... most of the time when it comes to complaints  the customer is flat out wrong or trying to engage in deception.

    Tawess gaming

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • GinazGinaz Calgary, ABMember RarePosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by Bazso
    *haha the form guard protection cheerleader squad is here* to bad some of you forget the number one rule to always remember and that is the customer is always right  the people that made this game is the ones that need the money always and if i can't fly right then there is nothing exciting for me to spend my money on and for you guys to say arcade mode thats another way of saying you hate to work at putting more effort in...

    Sentences and punctuation.  Use them.

     

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Anderson, InMember RarePosts: 3,196
    He who has only 23 posts should listen and not be seen.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • hikaru77hikaru77 buenos airesMember UncommonPosts: 1,052
    Originally posted by Bazso
    *haha the form guard protection cheerleader squad is here* to bad some of you forget the number one rule to always remember and that is the customer is always right  the people that made this game is the ones that need the money always and if i can't fly right then there is nothing exciting for me to spend my money on and for you guys to say arcade mode thats another way of saying you hate to work at putting more effort in...

    ........., Ok.  Just try to find the game for youself, you wont be missed. 

  • BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by tawess
    WarThunder is slightly less arcadey the WoWP... In reality it only have the arcade mode because WoWP has it. The game really only shines in realistic and simulator mode.   That being said i still think the flight model in WT is more accurate then in WoWP but i guess it is a matter of taste and previous experience.   Now the good thing is that the game is F2P so it will in fact not cost anything to try out and being a free player is not overly handicapping... Grindy as all come heck... But not exactly handicapping.   Also... Hate to break your bubble, but the customer is not only not always right... most of the time when it comes to complaints  the customer is flat out wrong or trying to engage in deception.

    and that's fine your opinion at the end of the day but what makes the customer right is because he or she is the one that has the money and money does and for ever will be going to talk there is no amount of denial you can use to justify that reality just will never ever work like that *sorry not a keynesian economics believer*

     

    and i did try the game and more then twice i spent a few hrs retuneing my cross hair being in training maps and when i thought i was ready to fly the aircraft was just not behaving like it should and therefore i will say again there is nothing exciting for me to stay with this game and to commit money towards if i can't even get the aircraft to fly right

  • BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Originally posted by Bazso
    *haha the form guard protection cheerleader squad is here* to bad some of you forget the number one rule to always remember and that is the customer is always right  the people that made this game is the ones that need the money always and if i can't fly right then there is nothing exciting for me to spend my money on and for you guys to say arcade mode thats another way of saying you hate to work at putting more effort in...

    Sentences and punctuation.  Use them.

     

    so tell me you enjoy being the grammar police a lot?

  • BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    He who has only 23 posts should listen and not be seen.

    so its more fulfilling to do lots of talking *nvm the fact its a lot about of nonsense*  then gaming i thought face book was a better choice for the bigger audience it has?

  • HordedogHordedog Austin, TXMember UncommonPosts: 40

    The biggest issue I have with your post, Bazso, is the title: "avoid this game at all costs".

    Who are you to warn off other players from experiencing the game and deciding for themselves whether or not to play it, just because YOU had a hard time playing it. Your experience is your own, and in no way whatsoever is an indication of what others will experience. There's nothing wrong with stating your negative opinion and experiences with the game, just don't assume that you can decide for others if they should try something for themselves. 

    I've been playing War Thunder for over 6 months now and enjoy it a lot. For a F2P game, it's one of the better ones, being stable and with frequent patches to fix issues. As far as the realism of the flying, it largely depends on which mode you are playing: Arcade, Realistic or Simulation.

    Arcade being the easiest and least accurate regarding the physics of flight, but the other two modes get more and more realistic, to the point that in Simulation mode, trying to do a sharp turn at too great a speed can see things like the pilot being knocked out from too many G's, or even better, the wings can shear off from too great air resistance/force. 

    Another thing I'll mention, is your assertion that the planes don't fly correctly... unless you're a pilot in RL, how would you know how a plane should behave at 2300ft alt and going 570 khm? One shouldn't toss their uneducated opinion around like it's fact. 

    Lastly, when you type your thoughts in one long run-on sentence, without punctuation or breaks for paragraphs, it makes it more difficult for other to read what you're saying. So if you'd like to be taken more seriously, and avoid sounding less intelligent than you might be, you should make the minimal effort required to use some punctuation and paragraph breaks. Just a friendly recommendation.

  • HordedogHordedog Austin, TXMember UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    He who has only 23 posts should listen and not be seen.

    Oh look, a forums snob. May I remind you, Elsabolts, that EVERYONE starts out on every forum, at ZERO posts. 

    And just because you've posted more than someone else, in absolutely no way whatsoever indicates that your opinions carry more weight than someone who's posted very few times.

    As a matter of fact, many posters accrue their high number of posts on forums by posting ignorant, unhelpful, meaningless and snobbish one sentence crap like "He who has only 23 posts should listen and not be seen." 

     

  • trash656trash656 Here, SKMember UncommonPosts: 361
    Originally posted by Bazso
    its such a shame though that this game/mech warrior online are now the children of the world of war series it seems that the world of war series is now becoming another world of warcraft model clone or aka the child of that model i very much hope that all future free to play simulation games will not follow the world of war series model or its going to be very hard to find a enjoyable simulation game again... 

  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember RarePosts: 5,908
    Originally posted by Bazso
    Originally posted by tawess
    WarThunder is slightly less arcadey the WoWP... In reality it only have the arcade mode because WoWP has it. The game really only shines in realistic and simulator mode.   That being said i still think the flight model in WT is more accurate then in WoWP but i guess it is a matter of taste and previous experience.   Now the good thing is that the game is F2P so it will in fact not cost anything to try out and being a free player is not overly handicapping... Grindy as all come heck... But not exactly handicapping.   Also... Hate to break your bubble, but the customer is not only not always right... most of the time when it comes to complaints  the customer is flat out wrong or trying to engage in deception.

    and that's fine your opinion at the end of the day but what makes the customer right is because he or she is the one that has the money and money does and for ever will be going to talk there is no amount of denial you can use to justify that reality just will never ever work like that *sorry not a keynesian economics believer*

     

    I'm the customer and I say game's fine.

    image

  • cptndunselcptndunsel Orlando, FLMember UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Bazso
    Originally posted by tawess
    WarThunder is slightly less arcadey the WoWP... In reality it only have the arcade mode because WoWP has it. The game really only shines in realistic and simulator mode.   That being said i still think the flight model in WT is more accurate then in WoWP but i guess it is a matter of taste and previous experience.   Now the good thing is that the game is F2P so it will in fact not cost anything to try out and being a free player is not overly handicapping... Grindy as all come heck... But not exactly handicapping.   Also... Hate to break your bubble, but the customer is not only not always right... most of the time when it comes to complaints  the customer is flat out wrong or trying to engage in deception.

    and that's fine your opinion at the end of the day but what makes the customer right is because he or she is the one that has the money and money does and for ever will be going to talk there is no amount of denial you can use to justify that reality just will never ever work like that *sorry not a keynesian economics believer*

     

    I'm the customer and I say game's fine.

    Not really.

    1.37 broke the game with consolidation of 20 tiers to 5 BR and its been unbalanced ever since.

    Players have voiced concerns about matches ever since - 1930s era planes against mid 40's cannon platforms that 1 shot most of the things they encounter, a GF game where German tanks apparently had all their ammo racks on the outside of the armor given the amount of time they get 1 shot (versus the soviet tanks). 

    Gaijin has ignored all of the customer feedback and the moderators on their boards delete posts they don't care for and ban players who voice opinions counter to the current Gaijin direction (i.e. the BR system).

    Game was a lot of fun prior to 1.37. I allowed my premium to expire and have played very little since 1.39 after realizing Gainjin had no intent to attempt to balance the game nor any interest in fixing the BR system.

  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,856
    Game is fun to mess with ever so often, I just get tired of bouncing shells of tigers.
  • BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by evilized
    This just in, planes are less maneuverable at higher speeds. So let me get this straight, you want people to avoid this game because it was too hard for you? FYI the flight model in WT is multitudes better than arcade crap that they have in WoWP.

    first of all i ask you this is there a way to lower the craft rpm so that way i can have a better and tighter turn rate?

     

    if the craft can't perform correctly yes that's what i am advocating if you got a problem with how i view things that's your problem not my's

  • ClaiesClaies Tampa, FLMember UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by Bazso
    first of all i ask you this is there a way to lower the craft rpm so that way i can have a better and tighter turn rate?
      if the craft can't perform correctly yes that's what i am advocating if you got a problem with how i view things that's your problem not my's

    So because you don't like how one plane in the game performs, the entire game is terrible?  Sorry, is every plane supposed to perform exactly the same, and every player supposed to have access to every skill, ability, weapon, etc.  immediately?

  • BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Hordedog
    The biggest issue I have with your post, Bazso, is the title: "avoid this game at all costs". Who are you to warn off other players from experiencing the game and deciding for themselves whether or not to play it, just because YOU had a hard time playing it. Your experience is your own, and in no way whatsoever is an indication of what others will experience. There's nothing wrong with stating your negative opinion and experiences with the game, just don't assume that you can decide for others if they should try something for themselves.  I've been playing War Thunder for over 6 months now and enjoy it a lot. For a F2P game, it's one of the better ones, being stable and with frequent patches to fix issues. As far as the realism of the flying, it largely depends on which mode you are playing: Arcade, Realistic or Simulation. Arcade being the easiest and least accurate regarding the physics of flight, but the other two modes get more and more realistic, to the point that in Simulation mode, trying to do a sharp turn at too great a speed can see things like the pilot being knocked out from too many G's, or even better, the wings can shear off from too great air resistance/force.  Another thing I'll mention, is your assertion that the planes don't fly correctly... unless you're a pilot in RL, how would you know how a plane should behave at 2300ft alt and going 570 khm? One shouldn't toss their uneducated opinion around like it's fact.  Lastly, when you type your thoughts in one long run-on sentence, without punctuation or breaks for paragraphs, it makes it more difficult for other to read what you're saying. So if you'd like to be taken more seriously, and avoid sounding less intelligent than you might be, you should make the minimal effort required to use some punctuation and paragraph breaks. Just a friendly recommendation.

     

    ok you want to talk about realistically fine we will go there

     

    ok first of all i have heard about the historical accuracy subject far to long everyone has there own idea of what historical accuracy is and persons like to debate so much to the point of what they forgot they was debating in the first place that's how bad persons think they are that right

     

    second of all every time i do hear about historical accuracy subject being talked about everyone wants to have a unchallenged monopoly i do not agree with that because as we have seen with other games that might of have or did have

     

    great potential when it comes to the balancing sub subject one side has more power then the other and it chases away players why because its not fair enough

     

    i have yet to meet a game where fairness is in play on the level it needs to be on  

     

    your *Who are you to warn off other players from experiencing the game and deciding for themselves whether or not to play it, just because YOU had a hard time playing it. Your experience is your own, and in no way whatsoever is an indication of what others will experience. There's nothing wrong with stating your negative opinion and experiences with the game, just don't assume that you can decide for others if they should try something for themselves.* comment there had you posted that on youtube all i can say about that is i hope you don't get laughed into shame much

     

    i don't know which country you live in but here in  the u.s. there is this thing called  freedom  of speech if you don't like what i

     

    have to say there is no ready to fire gun being held to your head forcing you to respond let alone read if  you do not agree with what i am saying no one is forcing you to stay and the door is close  by

     

    i do not  care what political correct grammar police has to say i am not into that sort of fear mongering crap

     

     

     

  • BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Claies
    Originally posted by Bazso
    first of all i ask you this is there a way to lower the craft rpm so that way i can have a better and tighter turn rate?
      if the craft can't perform correctly yes that's what i am advocating if you got a problem with how i view things that's your problem not my's

    So because you don't like how one plane in the game performs, the entire game is terrible?  Sorry, is every plane supposed to perform exactly the same, and every player supposed to have access to every skill, ability, weapon, etc.  immediately?

    interesting i ask a simple basic question and you go off the reservation with an attack then paying attention trying to answer my question another cheerleader devoted follower fan next devoted follower fan please

  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 804

    I actually prefered the flight in the war thunder games more than WoP.  It was much more tactical.  In WoP once you have someone on your 6, it's very hard to shake them.  In WoP a good pilot can shake an enemy pilot.  True to life dog fighting manuvers actually work due to the better physics in WT.

    Things like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbst_maneuver

  • Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Lexington Park, MDMember UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Hordedog
    The biggest issue I have with your post, Bazso, is the title: "avoid this game at all costs". Who are you to warn off other players from experiencing the game and deciding for themselves whether or not to play it, just because YOU had a hard time playing it. Your experience is your own, and in no way whatsoever is an indication of what others will experience. There's nothing wrong with stating your negative opinion and experiences with the game, just don't assume that you can decide for others if they should try something for themselves. 

    Since when does the OP stating his opinion does that equal warning off potential players?   If someone reads this thread and decides not to play, they were more than likely not going to anyway and we're looking for an excuse to justify their decision or they are mindless lemmings.  Besides, what he wrote WAS his opinion and never made a decision for another human being.  Unless they are mindless twit lemmings that is.

    i haven't played this game yet, but the OP has actually peeked my interest.  I have played WOWP and found it too blah.  I found the flight mechanics to be either too responsive or not responsive enough in some cases.  It's been a while since I've played so that may have been fixed by now.

    And while I'm not a pilot, I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to military aircraft.   

  • BazsoBazso AURORA, COMember UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by ragz45
    I actually prefered the flight in the war thunder games more than WoP.  It was much more tactical.  In WoP once you have someone on your 6, it's very hard to shake them.  In WoP a good pilot can shake an enemy pilot.  True to life dog fighting manuvers actually work due to the better physics in WT. Things like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbst_maneuver

    *finally someone i can agree with*

    yes it is hard most of the time in the eary tiers it was a little bit more easy i won't lie though that does suck a lot in wowp its not  easy to do in the later tiers it can be done but not very often 

Sign In or Register to comment.