Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO are you currently playing, and why?

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Playing AO, SBEmu, and of course SWGEmu.

However Firefall seems interesting for a newer title.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

EQ2 - because that's where my guild is and that the game that - despite everything - still has the best endgame for PvE group content.  Great group instances, tons of challenging raids for every state of difficulty.  And even though it's 10 years old, there are constantly releasing updates and new stuff for the game.  

Firefall - with the official "launch", i decided to check it out  again.  It's a super fun game, if not "big" enough to be one's main MMO.  There are some things that are better now than in beta, some that are worse.  The odd thing is that the developers have ALL the ingredients for an awesome game, they just seem to be switching ON one good feature for a time, while turning off another.  At some point, they'll turn all the right knobs on and it'll rock.   

Avengers Alliance on Facebook!   - not really an MMO, but my friend got me totally addicted to this :(     so wrong....

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

Last Week: WoW - taking a long break because of stale content. 

Currently: 14 day free trial of FFXIV. It's nice wandering around and having to actually look at a map. I'm pretty sure I could find my way around Orgrimmar with my eyes shut.  I'm anxious to see how the game pans out for me.  I only have played two FF games (7 and 10) so I am not super familiar with the lore.  But damn the music was so nice to listen to at the beginning! 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

SWTOR - Great RPG experience.  Huge fan of the IP.  Only themepark game out that actually has BGs I enjoy.  Been playing since early access and with my relatively new-found home on the Ebon Hawk server it is and has been my go-to MMO.

ESO - Another great RPG experience.  Love just wandering and exploring.  Beautiful graphics, great combat, and more of an adult-themed fantasy setting make this a great experience for me.

Wildstar - Purchased a three month sub with this game.  Liked it a lot at first. At this point, since I initially bought a three month sub, I'm mainly just checking in routinely to see if I can find a reason to continue my sub.

• ErysalazarErysalazar Member Posts: 18

Wildstar Baby!
    Recommend to play this because of the good graphics, very light and cartoony and not trying to be like expensive repetitive trash wrapped with the latest graphic engines. Its refreshing really to see an MMO not be like the usual hit things till they die clone.

Balance between gamplaey and visuals is nice and fitting. Even the races and character roles feel like they're natural for each other. It just feels right with this game.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by grimal

SWTOR - Great RPG experience.  Huge fan of the IP.  Only themepark game out that actually has BGs I enjoy.  Been playing since early access and with my relatively new-found home on the Ebon Hawk server it is and has been my go-to MMO.

ESO - Another great RPG experience.  Love just wandering and exploring.  Beautiful graphics, great combat, and more of an adult-themed fantasy setting make this a great experience for me.

That sums up my current MMO's, I've been playing SWTOR since early access as well, though on the EU servers. It's my home MMO, the one I keep active even when I'm briefly taking a break to play something else (because I know I'll return anyway). A role that City of Heroes once played too.

Well, and a bit of GW2 on the side. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• EQAbnerEQAbner Member CommonPosts: 25

Project 1999

Nostalgia and great interdependent gameplay make this my favorite at this time. Yeah the graphics aren't that great but there's just something about the gameplay that is the best. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Looking forward to what EQNext has to offer. Also keeping my hopes up for Pantheon some day.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I´m currently playing the Archeage Alpha

and checking GW2 just on the updates to keep up with the Living Story...

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    ESO because it is fun, and WoW to get ready for xpac.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

None of them.

I have moved to table top gaming. With the toy soldiers. :) I like real dice and not RNGs. I also like real people to play with. Plus, unlike with a MMO, the models I assemble and paint are mine forever to do with as I please Unlike so many I lost NC with the closing of City of...

As far as MMOs go I guess I liked them better before they were "everymans" game. While the new games are pretty, they seem to be too much of "grind to level X, use duty finder to group for 1 pass at a instance (only 1 because it is easy sauce), now grind to level X2 and blah blah on and on it goes.

• dosvalenciadosvalencia Member Posts: 8
    Wildstar, while waiting for WoD (WoW). And got tired of Diablo 3, maybe gonna play after 2.1 hits.
  • RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Wildstar, I really enjoy the combat and raids on my warrior. Waiting for Black Desert and EQN.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• jefflim902jefflim902 Member Posts: 11
    Following suit after these 2 guys above, Wildstar for me as well. The housing system is... how should I say it... quite, therapeutic.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I tried Archeage and got to lvl20. I can play this casually for the crafting as my LP would be limited anyways. that being said I stopped playing as all the work will be for naught.

I tried Landmark just because I got free 7 days and I actually enjoyed it. Crafted my first Copper Pickax and looking for iron ore now. I wouldn't buy the founders pack though. Not sure of the model but I would definitely play Landmark for free if it is. If not I will wait for EQ:N which should have similar type of crafting (I hope!)

Other than those two I have been playing Single player RPG's.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • irydelgadoirydelgado Member Posts: 16
    2.1 is still far far for Diablo 3, sticking with Wildstar ..
  • HaritsukeHaritsuke Member UncommonPosts: 18

Great thread!  I read the whole thing.

I too am not currently playing any MMO.  I quit SWToR about two months ago after playing it since launch.  Development has slowed to a crawl.  

I may get back into GW2 soon as I hear the Living Story in season 2 is good.

I plan on getting back to FFXIV soon as I have enjoyed it for the most part and they keep adding a ton of content to it.  

But there is really nothing on the horizon for me to look forward to in the MMO genre.  I passed on ESO and Wildstar (played the beta and couldn't take another quest-hub grind).  Perhaps EQNext will be good, but I'm not holding my breath.  

I mostly play Hearthstone these days.  Great game which scratches that collector's itch for me.

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

Wildstar because I enjoy the graphic style and the open world pvp & combat.

TSW because I enjoy the story and cutscenes and skillwheel.

I play them both cause I have the time.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

SWTOR

because it has been getting better and better with every patch and has a great amount of content to keep me busy. This is best MMO for altholics.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

FFXIV.

It just sort of 'clicks' with me. There's tons to do was well, probably stuff I don't know about and/or haven't done yet too. 24, almost 25, on a THM I rolled three or four days ago. Having an absolute blast.

• EternalSage2000EternalSage2000 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I'm getting back into IRL,  I know, it's super old, but I'm finding it quite pleasant.  There's so much to do,  crafting is complex, the economy is player driven, I can't speak well of the combat mechanics.... permadeath and all.  I'd honestly recommend it to anyone, There are a few different  BG's such as Soccer, Football, Baseball, and Badminton just to name a few.  And the best part is,  no level cap, and the skill tree is completely open ended.  Huge time sink though,  and unless you are really creative,  it can teater on the edge of P2W. 
  • CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222

ESO

because it has everything I want in a game. There's only a few changes I would make, but overall I love the combat, difficulty, PvP, and character progression. I would however like some more self heal abilities for the nightblade class... maybe one day. 

Wildstar

was on my list but the game felt too much like a flavor of the month MMO. the end game content is too gated as well. Ieveled a SS and Stalker both to 50 and when I started to attune myself getting into guilds and what not, this game just isn't for the majority of MMO players. The dungeons are too hard for the average player. I was doing fine since im a vet, but others have no situational awareness and get hit by everything and everyone.  It was so bad in the first Vet dungeon Stormtalon that people either couldnt get the interupts right or the stood in all the red crap on the ground. It's a shame though, I really enjoyed the PvP and the combat system for PvE. So much fun. Too bad, maybe one day they will make it more open ended to the majority. Since what only 3% of WoWs population does the Hard modes? Yeah that's saying something. I mean I like difficulty too, but I want to play with other people, that's why I play MMO's after all.

FFXIV

This is just a great game enough said. The only thing I would want them to change is the GCD..... 2.5 secs is just too long.

Oh and if you noticed I like playing Sub based games. F*ck that F2P crap. Only 2 games did that right Rift and Tera

• cmayuga13cmayuga13 Member Posts: 15
    Currently playing Wildstar but looking for an in betweener while I'm taking a break from the raids. Firefall seems to have tickled my fancy quite a bit, guess I'm a sucker for sci fi shooters.
  • mdtaylor407mdtaylor407 Member Posts: 6
    Trial hopping with FFXIV. Then saw Firefall last night. Got curious and searched on it. Looks like borderlands but MMORPG.
  • GoutSmasherLivesGoutSmasherLives Member Posts: 13
    FireFall's pretty cool. Hardcore Unreal Tournament fan here, and having FireFall out having classes as an MMO is the big draw for me at the onset.