Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First look at Darkfall Siege Engine!

mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
Darkfall Unholy Wars Siege Engines

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Hell of a lot bigger than what I was expecting.
  • mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by Badaboom

I was expecting it to be stationary but these things got wheels.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by mmoesports

That gives me hope.  I believe the devs are not planning on making this despawnable into a figurine.  Since it has wheels, my guess is that you have to push it all the way to where you are planning to siege.  This is awesome if this is the case, since spies will be able to report the whereabouts and a counter attack could happen enroute to the siege.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by mmoesports

That gives me hope.  I believe the devs are not planning on making this despawnable into a figurine.  Since it has wheels, my guess is that you have to push it all the way to where you are planning to siege.  This is awesome if this is the case, since spies will be able to report the whereabouts and a counter attack could happen enroute to the siege.

This is correct. Here is the info they released on siege engines back in their "Vision, Direction, and immeditae plans" announcement back in April:

Siege Engines
    A highly requested feature, siege engines have been on our backlog for a while. Proper catapults, siege towers, battering rams and siege ladders are in the works and their introduction will change the face of sieging. These engines are driven across terrain, and need to be positioned properly following a realistic medieval approach to their design and operation. This feature, currently in the design pipeline, will become our development focus right after custom roles have been implemented.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

this is a major addition to the game.

should cause another big spike of new players.

looks like Av is gonna carve out a much bigger niche than they have in the past.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------