Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun but too many disconnects

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I quit a year ago and tried it again while the game is fun while you can stay connected ever since last patch i can't stay connected for more than 4 mins at time.

Trion really needs to fix this problem server  disconnects are just to frequent to even think about spending any real money on it.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Astro6

I quit a year ago and tried it again while the game is fun while you can stay connected ever since last patch i can't stay connected for more than 4 mins at time.

Trion really needs to fix this problem server  disconnects are just to frequent to even think about spending any real money on it.

I recently started a new character after a long absence, and my connection seems more than fine. I was online practically the whole day yesterday without a single disconnect. (And several hours the previous days without any trouble as well)

Do you only have that problem with Defiance?

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

It was mentioned somewhere that since it went f2p on Steam, the number of new players crowding arkfalls and events caused it to bomb out due to load.

It's a fair point, but considering how many people use Steam these days, you would think that they would have  taken this into account. :S

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by B1mble

It was mentioned somewhere that since it went f2p on Steam, the number of new players crowding arkfalls and events caused it to bomb out due to load.

It's a fair point, but considering how many people use Steam these days, you would think that they would have  taken this into account. :S

Yup, Ark Falls are the only places I go link dead at. I think I am going to make some "Please FiX" posts at the Defiance forums. Anywhere else my game runs GREAT!

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by DMKano

I get an occasional DC here and there - usually in arenas (Liro) - rarely does it happen in open world.

But I put in about 4 hours yesterday - zero disconnects - it was mostly open world - 2 warmaster fights and about 4 interior ark falls.

Ye, it should start getting better soon as it seems the release of Firefall on Steam probably pulled a lot of Defianceplayers away.  Then we will get the normal drop off as others get bored and quit.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I only have problems where there are more than 6 players the game falls apart even mobs phase in and out i play 8 other mmo and have no problems.

I have 100mb fibre avg ping is 20ish and play on a top of the line i7 system since i have my own computer store and being the main tech i update every few months.

Most common bug is mobs appearing under ground you would think a published game would not have this but it been there since day 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBNYWjohWM

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I love the game. I don't seem to have disconnects. I noticed when in an Incursion sometime players vanish, and show backup again moments later though....
  • avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    The server cannot handle more than 8 people at an event. I was at one where there were 18 or so and it just froze up. Next thing I know it's over. 
  • Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Well silicon valley showed up free DLC good thing it was free i would not pay 2 cents for it, old rehashed mobs,content and same old weapons.

With the ninja hike in lock boxes and key prices i'm done took trion 3 months to reply to my ticket didn't get any help on forums either i spent about $250 on game doubt ill ever trust trion again.

When Sony messed up SWG i banned all games made by Sony in my house and my computer store never played EQ,EQ2 and pirates of the burning sea ever again.

I pulled all Sony software off my shelf and tossed it in garbage where it belonged and i deleted Defiance off my computer won't ever play that game again best to talk with your wallets because they don't listen to customers.