Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

recently resubbed, very disappointed

norvaknorvak Member UncommonPosts: 53
I've been gone for a while, but I always loved the game. I came back elated to see my old toons. That feeling soon grayed when I saw what the game had become. I'm not talking about the ghost cities in Rome or Athens, the lack of updates or the 6+ years it's taken for the engine upgrade. Its what dupers and credit sellers have done to the economy.

The economy is trashed. Exploits and multiboxers run amuck. Funcom does nothing to stop this except ban people's ips. The exploit apps remain.

AO still is my favorite mmo of all time. Nothing beats it's complexity. Funcom has disappointed me, let down its fanbase, and overall let a beautifully rich game die.

Comments

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    ya was pretty bad even when i left...did they do the grafix upgrade yet? iv been out of the loop for AO..they been working on it for like 20yrs lol
  • SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533
    Originally posted by norvak
    I've been gone for a while, but I always loved the game. I came back elated to see my old toons. That feeling soon grayed when I saw what the game had become. I'm not talking about the ghost cities in Rome or Athens, the lack of updates or the 6+ years it's taken for the engine upgrade. Its what dupers and credit sellers have done to the economy. The economy is trashed. Exploits and multiboxers run amuck. Funcom does nothing to stop this except ban people's ips. The exploit apps remain. AO still is my favorite mmo of all time. Nothing beats it's complexity. Funcom has disappointed me, let down its fanbase, and overall let a beautifully rich game die.

You could have known all this by doing some research.

But you chose to go in blind and now choose to bash the company for your choice.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by Soandsoso
    Originally posted by norvak
    I've been gone for a while, but I always loved the game. I came back elated to see my old toons. That feeling soon grayed when I saw what the game had become. I'm not talking about the ghost cities in Rome or Athens, the lack of updates or the 6+ years it's taken for the engine upgrade. Its what dupers and credit sellers have done to the economy. The economy is trashed. Exploits and multiboxers run amuck. Funcom does nothing to stop this except ban people's ips. The exploit apps remain. AO still is my favorite mmo of all time. Nothing beats it's complexity. Funcom has disappointed me, let down its fanbase, and overall let a beautifully rich game die.

You could have known all this by doing some research.

But you chose to go in blind and now choose to bash the company for your choice.

Heh did you really just say.. yes all that is true.. but it is your fault for trying the game again, and do not blame  the company that owns said game? 

Read some weird posts before.. but wow.

• finalburstfinalburst Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Yea Funcom don't give a $#@$ about AO anymore.Just milk milk and ...milk the players that still playing it.So sad to see something unique destroyed by incompetent people.So really sad.
  • OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Is someone really milked if they willingly play something?