Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So with the remaining playerbase: What kind of players are these? The ES fans or the MMO fans?

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

I suppose when push comes to shove I'm more of an Elder Scrolls fan than an mmo fan considering that when I first tried mmo's I though they were more likes "worlds" such as morrowind only larger.

It was the playing of Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind that got me interested in mmo's.

In any case, I voted "Elder Scrolls fan" and I am still subbed to ESO. It doesn't have the open game play I would have wanted but the subject matter, themes, characters will tide me over until the next solo elder scrolls game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • laz3rNach0zlaz3rNach0z Member Posts: 59
    i would say its the viable players that still play the game are remain irregardless of if they are mmo or eso players they are in the game now thats all that counts they are the ones who agree with the games choices and still p2p endgame
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172

It's so difficult to categorize players as "MMO player" or "TES player" since so many of us enjoy both.   I'm an old time MUD player who desires an immersive place that feels like a virtual world rather than be a video game merely designed for consumption.

Having said all this, I've spent more hours playing MMOs than I have TES games so technically I would be labeled as an MMO player.   I'm really enjoying ESO and I also will purchase the next TES game whenever it's released.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I still play and enjoy both MMO's and all of the ES games. Crazy right? And what's this remaining playerbase nonsense, like everyone left or something? You try to move 10 feet without running into someone :P

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ICEBLUEICEBLUE Member UncommonPosts: 58

Seeing most of the players running around not reading any of the books or scrolls they find tends to make me think mostly MMO fans. Although on occasion, like me you will find another taking the time to actually read the lore books. 

• laz3rNach0zlaz3rNach0z Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by ICEBLUE

Seeing most of the players running around not reading any of the books or scrolls they find tends to make me think mostly MMO fans. Although on occasion, like me you will find another taking the time to actually read the lore books. 

i agree they shoulda left it out cause the game is all voice mechanics and having read mechanics in the game even if its all lore just throw things off besides u cant even keep the books so its not like u actually get it its just texts that goes in ur journal and at least even in skyrim games you have books u can keep to put in ur house or even to sell
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I dont know. I'm an ESO fan and I'm out but I'm not sure.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by ICEBLUE

I dont read them because its all old lorebooks from previous elder scroll games,  they take one book and turn it into 5.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• hybris6hybris6 Member Posts: 14
    I'm both mmo and ES fan so ESO is a dream come true. Sure I miss some things ES offered and I would have made some different design choices but in the whole I'm very happy with ESO. Also its so damn beautiful sometimes I just stop hunting exp and just look around.
  • AtomyAtomy Member UncommonPosts: 76

Personally I'm more of a mmo player, but ESO somewhat changed that. I actually enjoy the story behind many quests, giving a sense of immersion. Something many MMO's fail at, its not strange the average MMO players are just quest runners.

I also enjoy choosing my own quests, which ESO seems to allow, just roaming around and bumping into random events/quests.

Its ironic that i started playing ESO because it was so heavily criticized. After a week of playing i realize ESO is one of the better MMO's out there.

• wuhsin88wuhsin88 Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Atomy

Personally I'm more of a mmo player, but ESO somewhat changed that. I actually enjoy the story behind many quests, giving a sense of immersion. Something many MMO's fail at, its not strange the average MMO players are just quest runners.

I also enjoy choosing my own quests, which ESO seems to allow, just roaming around and bumping into random events/quests.

Its ironic that i started playing ESO because it was so heavily criticized. After a week of playing i realize ESO is one of the better MMO's out there.

No, ESO did not change that... ESO is not what you could really call a The Elder Scrolls game. It's way more MMO than TES. Anyway, I'm not surprised MMO players might like it, but if you went into it expecting Skyrim, you would be disappointed.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    I still play and enjoy both MMO's and all of the ES games. Crazy right? And what's this remaining playerbase nonsense, like everyone left or something? You try to move 10 feet without running into someone :P

The megaserver technology they are using means that outside of the campaigns, the instances of each world are based on player numbers, the only indication you would have if player numbers were dropping, is that there would be fewer instances, so unless it drops down to a single instance, you should not ever be in an 'empty' instance while playing.image

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

The megaserver technology they are using means that outside of the campaigns, the instances of each world are based on player numbers, the only indication you would have if player numbers were dropping, is that there would be fewer instances, so unless it drops down to a single instance, you should not ever be in an 'empty' instance while playing.image

You still need numbers to fill phases, the fact we see so many in each phase as you move through them proves how strong the player base is. Certainly smaller now, back at launch you could not run five feet without running into someone. :)